Wolf Man (Leigh Whannell, 2025)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 13, 2023, 06:39:11 PM

Author
Wolf Man (Leigh Whannell, 2025) (Read 744 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Christopher Abbott Replacing Ryan Gosling to Star in 'Wolf Man' for Blumhouse, Universal

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/wolfman-ryan-gosling-drops-out-christopher-abbott-1235746506/

KiramidHead

Oh, shit. This and whatever Radio Silence is up to in the same year? Hot damn.

Nightmare Asylum

Interestingly, Whannell had dropped from this at some point earlier on in development, with a new director coming in. Glad to have him back, though I'm sad to be losing Gosling.

I wonder if the pitch here is still to model this after Nightcrawler?

KiramidHead

Yeah, Whannell was busy with Escape from New York at the time, and Gosling brought in Derek Cianfrance.

Nightmare Asylum

Funny enough, isn't it Radio Silence attached to Escape now?

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2023, 07:41:49 PMFunny enough, isn't it Radio Silence attached to Escape now?

Yep, looks like it. But a sequel this time instead of a reboot.

SM

SM

Is Whannell trying to resurrect the Universal Dark Universe on his own?

Nightmare Asylum

Seems like! :laugh:

I will say, my preference with this stuff is (and likely will always be) for lavish, period set horror (which is probably why I'm a bit softer on Joe Johnston's The Wolfman and The Last Voyage of the Demeter than I probably should be, desipte their shortcomings, and I absolutely adore Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula [though that one isn't Universal]). But putting that personal preference aside, Whannell's Invisible Man was very good, so I'm quite curious and excited to see how he does tackles this one even with a modern setting.

Plus, as far as big period Gothic horror goes, I always have Guillermo del Toro's Frankenstein and Robert Eggers' Nosferatu on the horizon.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Julia Garner to Star in 'Wolf Man' for Blumhouse, Universal

QuoteGarner will play a mother whose family is being terrorized by a lethal predator. Abbott is playing the father.

https://collider.com/julia-garner-cast-wolf-man-blumhouse/

ace3g

MudButt

MudButt

So glad this is filming now. Feels like we've been hearing about this for years.

My biggest concern is the fact that this is coming out in October of this year. Granted, Blumhouse movies are generally smaller scale but I believe this is filming until May.. so about 5 months between filming wrapping and release.

I do think the script has been locked for some time and I'm sure plenty of pre-production work had been done when Gosling was attached.

I'm still super excited because Leigh Whanell is such a talent.

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1778210643868315988

Spoiler
Traditional upright Wolf Man design. 8)
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed