Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Dec 04, 2017, 05:54:38 PM

Author
Scott: We are going to make another Alien movie (Read 248,083 times)

tleilaxu

Quote from: Highland on Dec 11, 2017, 05:41:52 PM
Quote from: tleilaxu on Dec 11, 2017, 11:00:11 AM
A guy in a previous AvPGalaxy podcast said that when you're not into the movie, everything seems like shit and you pick out every little detail.

I'm going to agree on this, I've experience this myself. I bought the movie today on Blu Ray ( was half price mind you) and asked myself why I would buy a movie that I'd said so much bad stuff about. Part of it was support for the franchise, the other part was that maybe it's just an Alien thing, where you have to have it. I do find myself nit picking the movie a lot.

Then I think, the movie just isn't that good. Like it's not even a Jurassic World type good ( No where near the original yet sort of fun and in the spirit). It's just not really an Alien film and it's not a Prometheus film. It's exactly what it sounds like went on behind the scenes. One half of the production wanting to expand and the other wanting the same old. The result is literally a movie split in half. The first ( Scott's half?) quite intriguing and mysterious and the second half a total by the numbers ( Apone voice) sci fi channel monster flick.

Torn. Completely torn boys!

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 11, 2017, 07:09:59 PM
Yeah the last two scenes of Covenant are very like Aliens.  The lander action scene is better than anything in Aliens.  The Daniels vs proto-xeno in the hangar bay is very similar to Ripley vs Queen.

Maybe because there is no powerloader?  Is that why fans are upset?
Aside from the one shot of horrible unfinished CGI, the chase scene could be interpreted as a decent fan service in itself, but it's function is to set up for the subversive ending.

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2017, 07:35:18 PM
Are you really that desperate to ignore people's opinions or are you trolling by this point ???

I'm not "ignoring people's opinions", I've addressed them multiple times if you read my posts.  I have yet to find one convincing argument why I should hate the film, however.

As for trolling, that is against the rules of the forum and if you suspect trolling, I suggest not making a post about it but click the link at the bottom right of the post that says "Report to moderator", type your complaint into the field provided and click "Submit".

SM

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2017, 07:35:18 PM
Are you really that desperate to ignore people's opinions or are you trolling by this point ???

I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious, but his whole raison d'etre is to ignore criticism as 'nitpicking' and 'hating', and indulge in endless 'but what about Alien and Aliens?'

It's not discussion or debate - it's sticking ones fingers in ones ears and sticking to talking points.

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 11, 2017, 07:52:25 PM
I'm not "ignoring people's opinions", I've addressed them multiple times if you read my posts.  I have yet to find one convincing argument why I should hate the film, however.
No one is trying to convince you to hate it. And the fact you keep boiling everything down to "I guess they don't like it because it's not like Aliens" means you aren't listening at all.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Speaking of Aliens, this thread and the Covenant board in general lately reminds me a lot of the sad Aliens:Colonial Marines Gearbox forum where some posters senslessly defended A:CM no mather what the criticism was. Some of them were obvious trolls but here i'm not sure, it's either trolling or just plain delusion.

SM

Many things are defensible to a degree if you can present a well reasoned argument.  Even A:CM.

That's often not what happens unfortunately.

Deathbearer

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 11, 2017, 07:09:59 PM
Maybe because there is no powerloader?  Is that why fans are upset?

Honestly I was more upset that the movie was dogshit more than anything

Whos_Nick

kwisatz

I generally try to avoid movies without Pulse Rifles and/or Lightsabers.

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2017, 08:10:24 PM

No one is trying to convince you to hate it. And the fact you keep boiling everything down to "I guess they don't like it because it's not like Aliens" means you aren't listening at all.

Not exactly, although you are partly right in that it is irresistible to come to that conclusion, given that many haters of the prequel films appear to be Aliens fans.  I could start a poll on this forum to prove my point, but that would most likely be viewed as trolling so I have not done so.  I am not bashing people who don't like the film, that is their prerogative, but the constant negativity could almost be construed as trolling itself.  I am merely trying to defend the film as I feel it is undervalued by much of the fanbase.  Although that is just the nature of the beast for fans of a particular subject to have strong opinions in favour or against, otherwise we would not be posting on a fan forum discussing the merits of films we both feel passionate about.

(Btw if you like Aliens and don't like Alien Covenant that is absolutely fine and I am not saying there is anything wrong with that.  You are entitled to your own opinions)

Alionic

Quote from: kwisatz on Dec 11, 2017, 11:53:38 PM

I hear studio monopolies and their subsidiaries are hiring PR spokespeople. Have you sent them an application?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Alionic on Dec 12, 2017, 12:03:04 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Dec 11, 2017, 11:53:38 PM

I hear studio monopolies and their subsidiaries are hiring PR spokespeople. Have you sent them an application?

Thank you, but im perfectly happy with my current job!

monkeylove

One can probably ask a sampling of A:C viewers worldwide (especially from Asia) and from the millennial demographic, and ask them to compare A:C with Aliens. What are the chances that they know little or nothing about the latter?

Highland

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 11, 2017, 11:59:26 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2017, 08:10:24 PM

Not exactly, although you are partly right in that it is irresistible to come to that conclusion, given that many haters of the prequel films appear to be Aliens fans.  I could start a poll on this forum to prove my point, but that would most likely be viewed as trolling so I have not done so.  I am not bashing people who don't like the film, that is their prerogative, but the constant negativity could almost be construed as trolling itself.  I am merely trying to defend the film as I feel it is undervalued by much of the fanbase.  Although that is just the nature of the beast for fans of a particular subject to have strong opinions in favour or against, otherwise we would not be posting on a fan forum discussing the merits of films we both feel passionate about.

(Btw if you like Aliens and don't like Alien Covenant that is absolutely fine and I am not saying there is anything wrong with that.  You are entitled to your own opinions)

What would the poll questions be?!

SM

a) Alien Covenant is the best film ever.
or
b) Aliens is the best because I like pulse rifles and power loaders and the Queen and I'm dumb.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed