Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,342 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I'm glad that this claim that the Predalien reproduces by regurgitating is a lie. The new statement about the  Predalien's method of infecting it's hosts sounds more and more ripped off from Vincent Ward and Fasano's Alien 3, or even how it was supposed to be feared that the adult in Alien was able to reproduce such as infecting the cat or whatever

Vemados

Vemados

Know what I think... it sticks the inner mouth down the throat, and inserts the embryo.  It doesn't throw up on the victim.  And my theory about why it does this... the brothers talked about Pred DNA having more dominant genes.  I think the PA just took live birth from the Predator, and since it wasn't going to grow a penis or anything it just lays embryos out of it's inner mouth instead of laying eggs.

Aeus

Aeus

The new Reproductive system is open to interpretation, just like egg morphing.

This is confirmed.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 29, 2007, 01:07:01 AM

This is confirmed.

I still don't think that lets them off the hook though. You can't make up non-canon shit and then say" we don't explain the rationale behind it, you decide why it happens".

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 29, 2007, 01:14:19 AM

This is confirmed.

I still don't think that lets them off the hook though. You can't make up non-canon shit and then say" we don't explain the rationale behind it, you decide why it happens".

Cameron effectively did that with the Queen. We already had a method of egg production (which is better), yet he made up some big f**k off monster to lay eggs, and left us to fill in the blanks.

Demonio Cazador

This is confirmed.

Everyithing is subject to interpretaiton, so it's perfectly valid...not everything has a geeky answer to every detail in a movie...

Xhan

Xhan

Then there's no real reason for you to bait the fans that do have geeky explanation is there?

Yet here you are.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 29, 2007, 01:16:21 AM

This is confirmed.

Cameron effectively did that with the Queen. We already had a method of egg production (which is better), yet he made up some big f**k off monster to lay eggs, and left us to fill in the blanks.

yeah, but is it really a good parallel? Saying the predator's genes are "dominant" and certain alien ones become recessive is really too convenient for the whole idea at that point. Why would predator genes even if dominant over the alien ones, alter the reproduction in such a way as to lay embryos in a hosts mouth, unless predators reproduced orally in some ridiculous way?

And clearly they do not. The reasons for why a young queen couldn't do that normally are numerous and the reasons to why any alien cannot molt into a queen are numerous as well.
So its a lame cop-out. Shouldn't the script have the reason why this is happening written down, even if its not explained to the audience during the film?
If it was, where is the room to make up any interpretation?

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

The new Reproductive system is open to interpretation

Good. I can "interpret" it as a stupid idea.

jimmylace

jimmylace

I remember saying something about the pred genes having an affect on the reproduction method and I got laughed at.:(

I personally think this reproduction method would suit the predators really well....just because human born aliens didnt come with the plumbing doesnt mean that a predator born alien doesnt.

Xhan

Xhan

I'd like to see exactly how these super genes are so dominant that they can retranscript RNA on the fly.

SM

SM

QuoteI remember saying something about the pred genes having an affect on the reproduction method and I got laughed at.

Rightly so.

;)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 29, 2007, 01:48:58 AM
I'd like to see exactly how these super genes are so dominant that they can retranscript RNA on the fly.

It's predator DNA...even predator DNA owns alien DNA...because the predator DNA has double plasma casters as well...

SM

SM

AvP3 will be a remake of Fantastic Voyage where the humans are injected into a Predators impregnated body and witness Pred DNA duking it out with Alien DNA.

HARDCORE AWESOMENESS!!!

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Gates on Nov 29, 2007, 01:52:54 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 29, 2007, 01:48:58 AM

It's predator DNA...even predator DNA owns alien DNA...because the predator DNA has double plasma casters as well...
:D

oh yes. Even the DNA.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed