Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,339 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:45:25 PM
i saw it...mostly stuff i've said minus the magic egg of Alien 3

that egg was unexplained which was ridiculous. But had it been attempted to have been explained via some arbitary and far reaching idea, it would be worse. The vomiting idea is just that, worse.

Major Alan Schaefer

At least the rape (come on call it that give it a little respect) idea isen't magical

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:49:42 PM
At least the rape (come on call it that give it a little respect) idea isen't magical

yeah its pretty much illogical and unreasonable. You can't just say, the aliens are mysterious and can then magically do anything they want, because we didn't know they could do that. lol
Next they will have a stage of their lifecycle where they sprout wings and fly off to start a new hive somewhere else. lol

Major Alan Schaefer

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!!!  ;D

its logical because other animals do it....and its quicker if you don't have time to mature, make an eggsac, or no where safe enough for hive

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 28, 2007, 11:25:39 PM
Why didn't the queen regurgitate to create drones in A:R, and why didn't they know it could? It was a fully developed queen. Born from a true bred queen by coming out of Ripley 8's chest, it was born to begin the egg creating process because of the life development stage at birth. In recorded encounters with xenomorphs, this process of a drone becoming a queen was never found out because of the conditions in which they were established in. If in Aliens a drone did become a queen, the colonists weren't alive to tell them, and didn't know what the hell was killing them anyway. So therefor, the scientists in A:R didn't know all of the xenomorphs reproductive methods, because they didn't witness it, and didn't have a xenomorph trying to become a queen.

AND

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:28:50 PM
Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks cannon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

Sometimes I really wonder if some of you are really slow or acting... ;)

Are any of you familiar with Occam's Razor? Judging from your supposed analysis, I would say no...Google it...

Occam's Razor state's that the simplest explanation for any given phenomenon is usually the correct one...the explanation I quoted from YutaniDitch is clearly the most simple...therefore I will stand by my previous statement of breaking canon...

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: Gates on Oct 28, 2007, 11:54:49 PM
Quote from: Otnip on Oct 28, 2007, 11:25:39 PM
Why didn't the queen regurgitate to create drones in A:R, and why didn't they know it could? It was a fully developed queen. Born from a true bred queen by coming out of Ripley 8's chest, it was born to begin the egg creating process because of the life development stage at birth. In recorded encounters with xenomorphs, this process of a drone becoming a queen was never found out because of the conditions in which they were established in. If in Aliens a drone did become a queen, the colonists weren't alive to tell them, and didn't know what the hell was killing them anyway. So therefor, the scientists in A:R didn't know all of the xenomorphs reproductive methods, because they didn't witness it, and didn't have a xenomorph trying to become a queen.

AND

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:28:50 PM
Gates u disapoint me...no long speech on y u hate it and having a good reason...saying it breaks cannon...that's it...and if u look at points i've made and points above...it doesn't break it

Sometimes I really wonder if some of you are really slow or acting... ;)

Are any of you familiar with Occam's Razor? Judging from your supposed analysis, I would say no...Google it...

Occam's Razor state's that the simplest explanation for any given phenomenon is usually the correct one...the explanation I quoted from YutaniDitch is clearly the most simple...therefore I will stand by my previous statement of breaking canon...

Okay then, allow me to simplify my explanation of the point you refuse to accept.

It was a true bred queen and they didn't know that cycle because it wasn't recorded.
Happy?

Gates, I truly don't get you. Not everything is as simple as being ignorant.

Major Alan Schaefer

So Gates...you want Aliens simple? the idea doesn't break canon because nothing said they can't do it and we've never seen a sitation that'd they need to or have enough time...

A1: for one the ship is to small for a Queen...that fact aside, i doubt the molting is a split second thing (which if it was would make me angry) time, less than twenty four ours being alive, not enough hosts to do anything.

A3: Queen on the way don't need to molt.

And i'm surprised that Alien fans of all people would say "Because we haven't seen it...it can't happen." that isn't a good way to think about anything

and for extra measure.... Y didn't they see it in AR?
i thoguht a couple reason...The Queen saw no need to use it so used the egg sac, AR docs weren't smart enough or didn't know what to look for. and third reason maybe it only works for Aliens molting into Queens...

ok i'll pause and wait for you to skim over this and just call me stupid...

megachu17

megachu17

i doubt the queen in AR did this, cuz if im not mistaken it grew up in a caged environment right? it probably didnt hav any hosts around since the scientist probably figured it coulnt reproduce without eggs, so they waited for it to start producing eggs befor making hosts avalible, and by then, the queen would hav been out of the barfing phase.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:00:49 AM
Okay then, allow me to simplify my explanation of the point you refuse to accept.

It was a true bred queen and they didn't know that cycle because it wasn't recorded.
Happy? Sometimes I think you're slow or just acting.

Nope...no good...you simplified the wording not the theory...your's still has too many variables involved to truly be the most simple...

Good try though...better luck next time... ::)

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:04:16 AM
So Gates...you want Aliens simple?

That's not what I said...but whatever floats your boat...

QuoteAnd i'm surprised that Alien fans of all people would say "Because we haven't seen it...it can't happen." that isn't a good way to think about anything

Again...putting word's in my mouth...way to validate your argument... ::)

Quoteand for extra measure.... Y didn't they see it in AR?
i thoguht a couple reason...The Queen saw no need to use it so used the egg sac, AR docs weren't smart enough or didn't know what to look for. and third reason maybe it only works for Aliens molting into Queens...

Otnip...above are the variables I am speaking of and there's more...

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 29, 2007, 12:07:48 AM
i doubt the queen in AR did this, cuz if im not mistaken it grew up in a caged environment right? it probably didnt hav any hosts around since the scientist probably figured it coulnt reproduce without eggs, so they waited for it to start producing eggs befor making hosts avalible, and by then, the queen would hav been out of the barfing phase.

gates, shot down my theory now :D

Major Alan Schaefer

Gates i said "Alien fans" not you stop skimming start reading...

molting makes them more complex,
no to be honest not the most amazing thing i've ever seen the mouth rape idea...but its rarely used anywhere and can work great...if you give it a chance...me i haven't desided yet i'm not condeeming it or embrashing jsut stateing how it can work

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 06:47:49 PM
This is so unnacceptable. Even if it is the new bullshit way of saying "this is how the aliens have always egg morphed people, it just wasn't shown onscreen."  ::).
I don't buy the "she's a mutant, so its okay" bullshit. Personally I would have rather had the crashed spaceship contain more facehuggers in stasis or a shitload of eggs about 30 or so. That plus the predalien would still have been enough aliens to make the movie interesting and for them to wreak havoc in the town. One alien has been known to kill dozens of people in the other films, so it would have been plausible that 30 plus a predalien could have overrun a town.

Lazy ass fox, couldn't shell out money to have ADI do all the eggs required. How can you have an alien film without eggs? So if this is the case, how can this be related to egg morphing? They need to have worked on the eggs that the people are morphed into, wouldn't that take the same amount of time and effort as sculpting the eggs not related to it?
Or maybe they made one and are going to use it over and over, so you'll only see one egg morphed victim onscreen at a time, which is also lame, since it would have more of an impact to see cocooned victims who are now eggs, lining the hive walls en masse.
Anyone who thinks that its a predator trait received by the dna reflex should just play in traffic. lol
That is retarded. Obviously i'd assume predators reproduce sexually, they are humanoid after all and even if not mammals, they have some mammalian traits.
I'm thinking the Predator would be more reptilian.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM

no to be honest not the most amazing thing i've ever seen the mouth rape idea...but its rarely used anywhere and can work great...if you give it a chance...me i haven't desided yet i'm not condeeming it or embrashing jsut stateing how it can work

even if it looks cool and i doubt taht due to the overally grotesque idea of the slime/goo and the rampant sexual overtones, even more so than just what the facehugger does, it still won't work too well in providing any logical reason for why it should be happening.

Major Alan Schaefer

logical reason? i got one...Chet can't put an egg sac and sit lay eggs durring WW3

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:18:38 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:14:28 AM

even if it looks cool and i doubt taht due to the overally grotesque idea of the slime/goo and the rampant sexual overtones, even more so than just what the facehugger does, it still won't work too well in providing any logical reason for why it should be happening.

how bout so the queen can reproduce quickly so she has drones 2 protect her while she gets settled and to dispers the eggs when shes layd them?(or bring hosts 2 the eggs)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed