Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,321 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

I can't see them adding in any more. I get the feeling this new form of reproduction will just be that one thing added in to add a unique spin.

Quotewho said they ingnored it? the creature is jus adapting if a Queen can happen one way who says it can't happen another?

If chestbursters can come out in 10 minutes, why did it take hours in the first Alien film? "They're alien" is a good explanation for things, but that still changes established canon. This wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't conflict with established canon while it's busy expanding upon it.

Major Alan Schaefer

I didn't say the chestbursters should speed up...

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 08:53:49 PM
Hey, if the directors can ignore something so obvious as a Queen burster popping out of Ripley in loving close up, what else have they taken liberties with? :o

This news does not bode well for so many reasons.

Thats not vomit. In fact i think it covered a plot hole there: how do queens happen? Its sad to see a franchise deteriorate. Usually it happens when directors find loopholes in previous films and use them as an excuse to do something nasty or corny.

"But they did that! Why cant I do this!"

Aeus

Aeus

So this thing turns into a Queen? It isn't born as one?

brad873

brad873

well, if there was no queen before, its only right the strongest xeno becomes the queen

SiL

SiL

If Queens can just be molted into, why bother having natural born queens? Their gestation period is longer making them more vulnerable. If they can molt, it would make sense for Queens to never be born naturally.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 27, 2007, 09:01:31 PM
So this thing turns into a Queen? It isn't born as one?
that or Colin was heard wrong...and if it is so what who said Aliens only have one way of making Queens its more adaptable anyway

and Sil to talk about yours...what's easier to sneak onto a world an animal with a chestburtser or a alien

Aeus

Aeus

Well, unless Colin specifically stated that this thing molts into a Queen, I'm going to assume it was born a Queen.

But if it wasn't:

QuoteFreak of nature
Freak of nature
Not-quite radioactive
Freak of nature ...

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 08:59:58 PM

Still, if they can shouldn't they? That's my point...just because one can change things up in the life cycle doesn't mean that one should.

And Aeus, the quote is in a post I made a few minutes ago where he said exactly that.

brad873

brad873

well, there must be some sort of hormon that the aliens give off that can turn selected aliens into queens

Major Alan Schaefer

Well i didn't se it so i can't tell ya
[/quote]
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 08:59:58 PM

Still, if they can shouldn't they? That's my point...just because one can change things up in the life cycle doesn't mean that one should.

And Aeus, the quote is in a post I made a few minutes ago where he said exactly that.
the point is its been shown what the Chestburtser time should be...
we've never seen what happens if an Alien is in this sitation lots of hosts, enough time, some guards and a Predalien

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 09:02:46 PM
If Queens can just be molted into, why bother having natural born queens? Their gestation period is longer making them more vulnerable. If they can molt, it would make sense for Queens to never be born naturally.

Perhaps it takes a very long time for the normal alien to become a queen unlike a normally born queen, which could grow to adulthood relatively fast in comparison, and have egglaying ability much faster.

Just a hypothesis.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

#1 As mentioned (many times)earlier, Queens are born. Alien-3 states this fact very clearly.
Though the scene wasn't added to the movie, the super-facehugger clearly explained a Queen's origin.

#2 The Queen can defend herself just fine. Just look at her sheer size compared to the other aliens. There is a good reason for this. She's stronger. And the theory that a Queen can't defend herself is void because Queens can detach from the egg-sack just fine. We have seen this TWICE! The Queens in ALIENS and AVP chased after their "pray" just fine.

#3 The Predalien looks way too Predator-ish. Why all that Predator crap? We don't see the Dog/OX alien in ALIEN-3 born with dog hair/ OX horns right? Also, if you look at ALL prior Alien movies, none of the Xenomorphs have PECKS. Why should this one be any different? it should simply have been a BIGGER/STRONGER ALIEN. Not a fusion of the two species.

#4 The new regurgitation method is totally absurd. If aliens has this ability, then the Alien in ALIEN would have done so. Aliens simply CAN NOT DO THIS. If they could, then there would be no need for facehuggers. Adult aliens would be far more efficient at this task.

There are a lot more things that are wrong with AVP:R but those are minor compared to the ones I've just mentioned. I appreciate the "NEW" aspect of this movie, but not if it disregards all the ones that came before it. It's like.... no respect for the older movies, and just do whatever with this one. None of the other 5 "ALIEN" movies did this crap because that's not what aliens do. They make EGGS! EEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Anomaly

Anomaly

So great, weve officially gotten cone vomiting into an Alien or Predator film. After all that effort we put into this endeavor.  ;D I know I was. I sent daily letters to fox.

"Dear Fox

Give us vomit in the next AVP film. Thank you.

Sincerely, Anomaly".

SiL

SiL

I swear, it's the ghost of Kenner come back to haunt us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed