Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,256 times)

MattTaz

MattTaz

Holy Crap! That was one Mother of a post and still going.

So let me gets this straight (i hope)

Drones can:
1. Transform humans to eggs (Brett) to impregnate humans (Dallas). A poor Ratio of 1 to 2 in human stock.
2. Perform a single impregnation (Lambert) when necessary for species survival (hypothesis - from Scott's comments could shorten the Alien lifecycle) (if someone can find the dvd quote)
3. Transform themselves into Queen for species survival.

By the way all 3 of the above do occur in different ways in insect species on our planet.

Queens can:

1. Be born a Queen (not sure if the superhugger in Alien 3 is canon, but we know mother-nature provides an insect queen on our planet whenever neccesary, so I don't believe a superhugger is really necessary)
2. Be born a Drone and later transform to Queen when the species survival is at stake.
3. Take longer to birth a.k.a. Ripley and Scar. So longer to reach adulthood is plausable.
4. Has a 3 staged lifecycle, baby, Chet-Queen (I won't say Teenage Queen  :)  ) Adult Queen.
Before backing-out a sh!t load of eggs as an adult, the Chet-Queen has the ability to Giger-Kiss a few humans to produce a Queen's guard so it can sit down and grow a very very long poop-shoot   :)

Well the Alien Encyclopedia crowd will love this    :)

Not sure what to think. Will have to see the movie. I don't think it will be a vomit scene, more like a John Holmes scene   ;)

I think Giger will like this though, that sick puppy artistic genius   :)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Guys, spitting-in-the-face is going to become established canon whether anyone likes it or not. The Queen became established canon, the hybridism became established canon, and so will this. It's not that hard to come up with an explanation for this, really.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 03:02:26 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:56 AM
Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:47 AM
I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen reaches full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. Facehuggers are a far more efficient to populate. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.
Because it's a concept that isn't needed. Particularly in this case.

It's not a concept. It's in the new film. Without an egg-laying Queen, how is this not needed? If you don't like the idea, that's up to you. There does, however, need to be some way to reproduce. I like the New idea.
Perhaps "concept" isn't the right word to use. Regardless, it is unnecessary because there are already facehuggers on the ship. There's your problem.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Oct 27, 2007, 03:07:01 AM
After all of this, it would be hilarious to see the fan reaction in a AVP film with different creative talent where the Predator just stops and suddenly vomits up an infant Predator.

"Hey, that's the twist- it was from the Predator life cycle all along!"

Thanks for that! LOL  ;D
At least you get where I'm coming from.  8)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 03:08:47 AM
2. Perform a single impregnation (Lambert) when necessary for species survival (hypothesis - from Scott's comments could shorten the Alien lifecycle) (if someone can find the dvd quote)
There are no such comments. Scott said that the Alien's life-cycle was short, like a butterfly, and its violence and apparently inconsistent behaviour was fueled solely by its drive to reproduce before it died. Egg morphing killed the Alien, not raping Lambert.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
Agreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.
See? Isn't he great folks?

Just ... please, for the love of God. Don't make AvP 3.

I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?

I swear if you do that i will love you forever.

At least make it a deleted scene. Please. For me?

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:07:49 AM
Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 03:05:29 AM
And since you haven't even WATCHED that scene, I'm not going to take your word for it and think it's crappy just because you don't like the idea.
I never said it'd be crappy.

I said it wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

It's face-hugging, but with more slime and good.
Judging from the majority of your posts in this thread, you sure as hell seem to be implying it, the way you've been arguing against vehemently to Colin. But Ive made my point, so I'll just drop this.

@Gates; I can accept differing opinions, but I can't accept stupid people who claim director's have to stick to something that isn't canon because they like it more.

Rabbit2100

Rabbit2100

Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 02:12:31 AM

This topic needs a poll.
sorry but this topic doesnt need a poll at all.

SiL

SiL

I swear, if we were all in a room and not over the internet Colin would've passed out from blowjobs months ago.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:12:32 AM
I swear, if we were all in a room and not over the internet Colin would've passed out from blowjobs months ago.

lol

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:12:32 AM
LOL Sick, sick, sick. :D

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Rabbit2100 on Oct 27, 2007, 03:12:24 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Oct 27, 2007, 02:12:31 AM

This topic needs a poll.
sorry but this topic doesnt need a poll at all.

If anything needed a poll, this is it! So sorry.  ;D

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: MattTaz on Oct 27, 2007, 03:08:47 AM

Why do some people think it was impregnating Lambert? We don't know what was going on. 

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Why mess up an awsome life cycle now???? ???

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:47:40 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:45:00 PM
You are such a funny person. First you hate how "Aliens" turned them into simple "bugs,"  but now that you find out that they are complex creatures you want them to be like simple bugs.  ::)
And yet I'd never say 'Nope, no Queen! No sir! Egg morphing aall the way!'

What we've got here is a blatant contradiction of what we've seen before, it's as simple as that. Queen born a Queen? Nope, now we have Queen molting. Drones turning people into eggs? Nope, now we've got baby Queens barfing into people. Juvenile Queens not capable of reproducing? Nope, barfing!

You are definitely a purest and I respect that.  When I first heard about this I thought for sure they took it in this direction unnecessarily but if you think about it for a minute it sort of fits.  Think about the colony on LV426.  They brought Newt's dad back and most likely this was the only alien.  Is it conceivable that this phase occured then at the colony before the queen settled in her next to lay eggs which also would need drones or warriors to move the eggs as needed.  I think it can work but only if this is genuinely a young queen that is moving toward nesting.  If not then its stupid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed