Warrior Alien on the Nostromo, what if?

Started by (Bad Blood), May 29, 2023, 06:55:26 AM

Author
Warrior Alien on the Nostromo, what if? (Read 1,585 times)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I am curious, would things have been more difficult for the crew in Alien if the xeno was a Warrior instead of a Drone? Are they any more durable or hostile than the drone? Just curious.

SiL

There is absolutely no difference between them in the films.

BlueMarsalis79

Behaviourally the Nostromo crew might be dead faster? But otherwise yeah the differences are mostly subtle in design, the hands and feet, sometimes forearms and of course no translucent dome.

It is a messy question because it mostly comes down to portrayal and interpretation.

(Bad Blood)

Thanks you both for answering my questions! I just was not positive. I had just from watching aliens again noticed a more aggressive nature to them and thought maybe the crew would be killed faster due to that.

SiL

That could also be explained by them being older and having been shot at and blown up by the colonists, making them more aggressive in their approach.

bobby brown

Or them following orders by a queen.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

It could also be argued (with the benefit of seeing Aliens) that the drone was in the process of becoming a warrior in the narcissus; just like it's metamorphosis from chestburster to adult, warrior could be considered the next stage of metamorphosis (where the creature loses its protective dome/head shell left over from its larval stage after a day or so or being an adult) - I've often imagined that had the runner survived a little longer in Alien 3, it may have appeared more like the level guardians in the Alien 3 video games 😊

Edit: Should also note that on that topic, I feel that all of the creatures at Hadley's Hope would have originally looked more like the big chap prior to Ripley and Co. Arriving on the Sulaco.

[cancerblack]

I think more or less, most people agree.

SiL

Quote from: bobby brown on May 29, 2023, 01:46:48 PMOr them following orders by a queen.
Queen don't really give orders. "Help" and "stand back" are the most we've ever seen.

They aren't really telepathic in the movie like they are in the comics. Kind of hard to be heard over a kilometres away through multiple levels of an atmosphere processor.

[cancerblack]

Was going to mention that, but was in a rush.

Elmazalman

Same outcome.

The Aliens from the first two films were about even in aggression.

Imo, the most violent and aggressive of the creatures was the Runner. Perhaps something to do with its host being animal, rather than human?

SiL

Or protecting an unborn Queen. Before encountering Ripley it's fairly normal in terms of aggressiveness.

Local Trouble

Yeah, the runner was unique in that it ostensibly came from the same facehugger as the queen.  That's why I sometimes say it was the closest thing we've ever seen to a real "praetorian" in the films.

[cancerblack]

You can say both of those things all you want but it doesn't make either true.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2023, 08:04:06 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on May 29, 2023, 01:46:48 PMOr them following orders by a queen.
Queen don't really give orders. "Help" and "stand back" are the most we've ever seen.

They aren't really telepathic in the movie like they are in the comics. Kind of hard to be heard over a kilometres away through multiple levels of an atmosphere processor.

They were somewhat telepathic in Resurrection. :)
I'm not arguing about EXACTLY how they receive orders though, perhaps she puts them in a certain mindset?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed