AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 165,967 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2019, 02:07:02 PM
I hate to tell you this because, for some, once you see something, you can't unsee it. And that happened to me during a Predator viewing one time. But alas, you're asking, so...

Proceed at your own risk.

Spoiler
If you watch the Jungle Hunter after it removes its mask, it often looks like Kevin Peter Hall's right eye is slipping under the latex and/or Kevin's contact lens shifted giving the appearance of an lazy eye, which I've found distracting. It occurs for most of the sequence.

So I prefer to run with the notion after some dangerous hunts, the Jungle Hunter was blinded in one eye.
[close]

Yeah, a goof on a practical effect doesn't take me out of the design itself, otherwise Big Chap would have been ruined long ago.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 27, 2019, 08:52:03 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 26, 2019, 02:07:02 PM
I hate to tell you this because, for some, once you see something, you can't unsee it. And that happened to me during a Predator viewing one time. But alas, you're asking, so...

Proceed at your own risk.

Spoiler
If you watch the Jungle Hunter after it removes its mask, it often looks like Kevin Peter Hall's right eye is slipping under the latex and/or Kevin's contact lens shifted giving the appearance of an lazy eye, which I've found distracting. It occurs for most of the sequence.

So I prefer to run with the notion after some dangerous hunts, the Jungle Hunter was blinded in one eye.
[close]

Yeah, a goof on a practical effect doesn't take me out of the design itself, otherwise Big Chap would have been ruined long ago.

That's fair. :)

Lionhart

Lionhart

P2 design

Samhain13

Samhain13

With the mask on the Original and Wolf are almost tied but then taking the mandibles in consideration...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Tell me about it!   >:(

Kradan

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

No!
Noooo?
Nope.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 06, 2020, 07:16:17 PM

(The Stuff Of Nightmares)

Oh my Gahhhhdddd...!

Jungle Hunter is the perfect Predator, honestly. KPH gets to act like a mofo at the end of Predator. Though, I might be tied with Elder Predator. There's so much character in just a short minute. So much is said and expressed with just a few gestures.

My wife loves Gort.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My opinion of the movie notwithstanding, I always thought the creature design in P2 represented Winston's own improvement on his original design.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

City Hunter's always been my favourite too.

I love how it manages to be both really different and yet still identifiable as the same species from the first film. To my mind no one else has pulled that off since. Winston was a boss.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't get why they're apparently so hard to recreate, but then I'm not a creature designer so maybe there's a certain amount of talent required in simply reproducing what's already come before.

Kradan

Kradan

Voodoo must know the answer

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I just think Predators are something the talent at ADI struggle with, soup to nuts, design to paint application.

In contrast, I'm fine with what KNB did on the fast and cheap with Predators.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 10, 2020, 10:36:13 PM

(The Stuff Of Nightmares)

Oh my Gahhhhdddd...!

Jungle Hunter is the perfect Predator, honestly. KPH gets to act like a mofo at the end of Predator. Though, I might be tied with Elder Predator. There's so much character in just a short minute. So much is said and expressed with just a few gestures.

The Elder was a modified Jungle Hunter suit, so that makes sense!

QuoteMy wife loves Gort.

Your wife sounds awesome!  :)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I will never understand how people think this was ever an acceptable Predator.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 10, 2020, 10:36:13 PM

My wife loves Gort.

Gort 4 lyf

SiL

SiL

I still don't know why they went for a fully animatronic face. The eyes just do not work.

... Nothing else does, but the eyes seal it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed