Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,164 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Is the robe Shaw's wearing the same one David is wearing later in the movie?

Evanus

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 27, 2017, 06:35:00 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 27, 2017, 06:31:52 PM
David didn't seem to like Weyland though. He literally said: ''Doesn't everyone want their parents dead?'' And he seems to dislike Weyland in this clip too. He wanted to be free, and now he is.

Good Point, totally forgot about that.

So what you think his main reason is? (to show he has power) or just thought *What the hell i'll kill them for the lols?*
Honestly, I've got no idea what his reasoning is. I think he had to get rid of them before he could create life on his own, or something like that.

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 27, 2017, 06:54:47 PM
David didn't seem to like Weyland though. He literally said: ''Doesn't everyone want their parents dead?'' And he seems to dislike Weyland in this clip too. He wanted to be free, and now he is.

So what you think his main reason is? (to show he has power) or just thought *What the hell i'll kill them for the lols?*
Honestly, I've got no idea what his reasoning is. I think he had to get rid of them before he could create life on his own, or something like that.

By learning their ways (who knows how long he had to study the Engineers) he seemed to secure enough justification to destroy them. Shoot, his credo of "in order to create you must destroy" might be part of their playbook.

Evanus

Yep that's certainly a possibility. But I wonder how all of this could relate to his hate for humanity..

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Hard-R on Apr 27, 2017, 09:40:53 AM
Shaw is curiously staring at this (and there doesn't seem much to it).
I am presuming that this is just a light to illuminate the passageway or possibly a window to the outside/stars?
Does this suggest they were already on the move before she went into hypersleep?

Just spit balling....

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=57075.0;attach=7842;image

Knew ive seen this before:

OmegaZilla

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 27, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
Quote from: Shinawi on Apr 27, 2017, 04:05:43 PM
In my opinion, the Engineers should be suspicious about a really old spacecraft moving towards their home unexpectedly. Since this is a military spacecraft, it shouldn't be moving towards their direction without any clearance. Imagine if a forgotten WWI battlecruiser approached the US coast.

Thats applying human thinking to aliens.
But the Engineers ARE humans

cliffhanger

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 27, 2017, 07:09:58 PM
In my opinion, the Engineers should be suspicious about a really old spacecraft moving towards their home unexpectedly. Since this is a military spacecraft, it shouldn't be moving towards their direction without any clearance. Imagine if a forgotten WWI battlecruiser approached the US coast.

same DNA after all.

awavey

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 27, 2017, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 27, 2017, 06:54:47 PM

By learning their ways (who knows how long he had to study the Engineers) he seemed to secure enough justification to destroy them. Shoot, his credo of "in order to create you must destroy" might be part of their playbook.

hold on though, what possible dark secret of the Engineers beyond the  "if you dont stop it, there wont be any home to go back to"  would David have learnt though, the Engineers werent exactly given the sympathetic treatmeant in Prometheus, Shaw may well have wanted to set out to the homeworld to discover why they seemed to bear such a grudge, but it sounds more like he learnt their way to manipulate the black goo to create a xenomorph.

and for all the praise of the cgi ship approach, dont you think they pilot it just a bit too close to the mountain range ;)

hfeldhaus

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 27, 2017, 07:20:19 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 27, 2017, 07:09:58 PM

same DNA after all.

::)

Earth bound human thinking then.

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 27, 2017, 07:04:10 PM
Yep that's certainly a possibility. But I wonder how all of this could relate to his hate for humanity..

Is it hatred though? He seems to have an air of superiority.

Ulfer

Interresting prologue, with a nice atmosphere, I think.
As for the Engineers, as of now, there are multiple possibilities (I haven't read recent articles).
In an ideal world we coud have a complex scenario : multiple factions, multiple variants of the species, etc. I've a proclivity to like complexity, I admit it, because it's funnier for someone like me, and it feels more real, furthermore. ^^ But in this kind of movie, it's rare to have such a thing (I laugh everytime people say parts about politics in Star Wars I were boring - it was what, ten minutes of the film, and it was a simple matter).
The space-faring Engineers could be a tiny section of their society (the species itself can be as complex as ours) : scientists and astronauts, with a system of caste, or oligarchy, which would explain some elements, I think.

NickisSmart

I had a chance to watch it:

There's lots to discuss, including David's deceiving of Shaw and her mysterious fate, as well as David's theft of Promethean Fire and his study of what essentially amounts to forbidden science or occult knowledge, akin to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, while he is stranded on the alien planet and Shaw is ostensibly out of the picture.   

I cannot wait for this film to come out! :)

DorkiDori

so i just ran across that concept picture of the xenomorph that weve seen associated with the film, and something hit me regarding some info leaked a while back...

Spoiler
i wonder if the details that were mentioned about concept drawings and the fate of shaw related to the image below...

the information mentioned something about Shaw being hooked up to some sort of machine and turning all Giger-esque looking... like she was being transformed into something. i wonder if the above image IS Shaw!?!? look at the tubes coming from the back of the xenos head... Also notice that it looks extremely human in its facial appearance?
[close]

GrimmVision

Quote from: DorkiDori on Apr 28, 2017, 04:45:56 AM
so i just ran across that concept picture of the xenomorph that weve seen associated with the film, and something hit me regarding some info leaked a while back...

Spoiler
i wonder if the details that were mentioned about concept drawings and the fate of shaw related to the image below...

the information mentioned something about Shaw being hooked up to some sort of machine and turning all Giger-esque looking... like she was being transformed into something. i wonder if the above image IS Shaw!?!? look at the tubes coming from the back of the xenos head... Also notice that it looks extremely human in its facial appearance?
[close]

I agree. That concept art is just simply too good not to be used at all in the film. I doubt they'll give us anything that's less than that when it comes to
Spoiler
revealing Shaw and what it is David has done to her. Regardless of whether or not she was a willing participant in an experiment. Giving us anything less visually stunning would be a punch to the gut. "Hey, look at what could've been but this is what you got instead."
[close]

DorkiDori

i still like the idea someone proposed that the engineers technology hurt or killed Shaw and David is retaliating because they actually became friends.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed