Inconsistencies

Started by UDA, Feb 06, 2013, 10:30:00 AM

Author
Inconsistencies (Read 74,816 times)

SM

SM

Which is, in the wake of Prometheus, now the starboard prong.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 08, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines: A game so bad the fans would rather talk about rocks.
:laugh: Sad but true.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Gren_86 on Mar 10, 2013, 06:22:10 AM
Quote from: Aceburster on Mar 08, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines: A game so bad the fans would rather talk about rocks.
:laugh: Sad but true.

Why would you relate a classic metal song to this garbage?   :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Mar 10, 2013, 05:18:56 AM
Which is, in the wake of Prometheus, now the starboard prong.
Wait what do you mean?

SiL

SiL

People assume what we saw in Alien was the front of the ship. Prometheus showed it to be the back of the ship.

maledoro

maledoro

Not to sound sarcastic, but people thought that what we saw in Alien was the front of the ship? I've always thought of it as the back.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Mar 10, 2013, 09:08:21 AM
People assume what we saw in Alien was the front of the ship. Prometheus showed it to be the back of the ship.
I guess I'm mis-remembering 'Prometheus', because I don't recall it changing the orientation of the ship.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 11, 2013, 03:11:37 AM
I guess I'm mis-remembering 'Prometheus', because I don't recall it changing the orientation of the ship.
End of Prometheus shows the ship flying with the prongs facing behind it.

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 10, 2013, 02:47:45 PM
Not to sound sarcastic, but people thought that what we saw in Alien was the front of the ship? I've always thought of it as the back.
Plenty of people thought it was the front. I don't know why, but that's also what I figured.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: SiL on Mar 11, 2013, 08:38:05 AM
Quote from: maledoro on Mar 10, 2013, 02:47:45 PMNot to sound sarcastic, but people thought that what we saw in Alien was the front of the ship? I've always thought of it as the back.
Plenty of people thought it was the front. I don't know why, but that's also what I figured.
I've been haunting the boards for almost ten years now and I did not know that. I feel like I've been living a lie.
;)

SiL

SiL

It never came up, man. I'm ... I'm sorry. :(

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Huh, yet another reason for me to re-watch the movie.

I always assumed the prongs-forward was the way it was meant to fly. Like, the two prongs have things that don't really look like engines, so I figured they were weapons/cockpits/sensors/whatever, and the "forward" entrance to the ship was the 3 vagina-looking holes on the bottom in the middle that Dallas and co. use to enter it in 'Alien'.

Incidentally based on the "holographic space battle" easter egg in Colonial Marines, the developers thought the prongs were the "front" of the ship, too.

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 12, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
Incidentally based on the "holographic space battle" easter egg in Colonial Marines, the developers thought the prongs were the "front" of the ship, too.

The ship in the holographic space battle also is flying with a busted arm so I dunno how much thought they even put into it lol

SM

SM

Very little.  They had 8 months to correct that.

QuoteIncidentally based on the "holographic space battle" easter egg in Colonial Marines, the developers thought the prongs were the "front" of the ship, too.

So did the guys who did the Blu-Ray menus.  Because I (along with most people) assumed it flew prongs forward.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2013, 01:12:03 AM
So did the guys who did the Blu-Ray menus.  Because I (along with most people) assumed it flew prongs forward.
What do you mean about the blu-ray menus?

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 12, 2013, 01:06:27 AM
Huh, yet another reason for me to re-watch the movie.

I always assumed the prongs-forward was the way it was meant to fly. Like, the two prongs have things that don't really look like engines, so I figured they were weapons/cockpits/sensors/whatever, and the "forward" entrance to the ship was the 3 vagina-looking holes on the bottom in the middle that Dallas and co. use to enter it in 'Alien'.

Don't forget though - the tunnels from the 3 vaginal openings are way to small for a jockey or engineer to walk through.  I always figured they were just exhaust vents or something - not necessarily the engines, but vents nevertheless (I also believed the ship flew prongs forward).

The ship flies ass forward at the very last shot of Prometheus, I believe, as Shaw closes her monologue and you see it zoom up into the bright heavens.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 12, 2013, 01:12:53 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2013, 01:12:03 AM
What do you mean about the blu-ray menus?

Starboard side, aft, etc, I think SM means that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed