Could AVP:R Have Been Better With A Bigger Budget?

Started by The Runner, Mar 26, 2019, 02:59:46 AM

Author
Could AVP:R Have Been Better With A Bigger Budget? (Read 14,054 times)

Wysps

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 10, 2020, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 09, 2020, 04:51:48 PM
The more I think about it the more I don't think they had a script doctor for this. If I ever get rich I swear I'm going to remake Requiem, or maybe do my own special edition.

What a waste of imaginary money. If I get rich, I'll use my power to remove everything that came after Alien³ from canon. Reboots would be allowed, but the original trilogy would be untouchable.

I'd be willing to offer my fake millions to this cause  ;)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 21, 2020, 01:36:14 AM
You'd miss Ron Perlman.

You are good. You really are. 

Quote from: Wysps on Feb 22, 2020, 11:21:54 PM
The more I think about it the more I don't think they had a script doctor for this. If I ever get rich I swear I'm going to remake Requiem, or maybe do my own special edition.

What a waste of imaginary money. If I get rich, I'll use my power to remove everything that came after Alien³ from canon. Reboots would be allowed, but the original trilogy would be untouchable.

As long as Voodoo is in the fake director's chair.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 23, 2020, 01:43:18 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 21, 2020, 01:36:14 AM
You'd miss Ron Perlman.

You are good. You really are. 

Quote from: Wysps on Feb 22, 2020, 11:21:54 PM

As long as Voodoo is in the fake director's chair.

I proudly will accept the fake director's chair, thank you.

thexenomorphfanboy

well yes, like any film, if it had a bigger budget, it would be better. well for most films.

but i dont think adding 30 million would make it a good film, because you would have to change the whole film to make it good. the fact that it is a teen slasher film annoys me alot.
it definitally would of added some cool stuff and made it better, but probably not a good film. look at alien covenant, huge budget, but it's an OK film

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: thexenomorphfanboy on Mar 08, 2020, 04:16:45 AM
well yes, like any film, if it had a bigger budget, it would be better. well for most films.

but i dont think adding 30 million would make it a good film, because you would have to change the whole film to make it good. the fact that it is a teen slasher film annoys me alot.
it definitally would of added some cool stuff and made it better, but probably not a good film. look at alien covenant, huge budget, but it's an OK film

I agree. You can have the biggest budget, best sounds and visuals, but still end up with a bad film.

Corporal Hicks

I'd have hoped that if they'd had a bigger budget, the story itself would have gone back to the drawing board.

RidleyScott99

AvPR had the worst photography of all time. You can't see. Everything dark and everything looks cheap.

AvPR could work better with bigger budget? Yes. Especially with a different style of photography. For example: the photography of PROMETHEUS is perfect. Perfect work from Dariusz Wolski.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Mar 16, 2020, 06:39:25 PM
AvPR had the worst photography of all time. You can't see. Everything dark and everything looks cheap.

One can still see AvPR depending on their devices, but indeed, these contrasting experiences alone is a pure indicator that it is horribly too dark for public viewing. It's a damn shame....   

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2020, 07:30:05 PM

One can still see AvPR depending on their devices, but indeed, these contrasting experiences alone is a pure indicator that it is horribly too dark for public viewing. It's a damn shame....

You could go dark and still see every single detail. The original ALIEN(1979) is the perfect example. BLADE RUNNER(1982) is another perfect example. The photography of AvPR is very awful and dated and it looked so cheap. AvPR looks like a movie from the 1950s even though it was filmed in the 2000s.

Gr33n M4n

Req had bad lighting as a way to hide the low budget effects.

Voodoo Magic

Indeed, but I don't think that was always the case with AvPR. Through veiwing behind-the-scenes footage and pics, a lot of the stuff looked good well lit.

Quote from: RidleyScott99 on Mar 16, 2020, 09:05:39 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 16, 2020, 07:30:05 PM

You could go dark and still see every single detail. The original ALIEN(1979) is the perfect example. BLADE RUNNER(1982) is another perfect example. The photography of AvPR is very awful and dated and it looked so cheap. AvPR looks like a movie from the 1950s even though it was filmed in the 2000s.

I'm agreeing with you. Not with the 1950's comparison but that it's horribly dark. The grading is awful.I was just mentioning some can see what's going on depending on the devices they use, but that particular condemnation is still deserved.

It's a shame because if I recall the trailers looked a lot better than what we got in the finished product.

JokersWarPig

bigger budget and set it around 100 years into the future and it could have been possible.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Shane Black has answered the OP's question. The Predator is a movie similar to AVPR but with a bigger budget. Now ... What did we learn from this? the same thing that we already knew...you can have all the money in the world and yet your movie is meant to be trash if you don't have a good story to tell to begin with. I guess there were not great references to inspire neither of both or they weren't skillful enough to use them  :P

Gr33n M4n

What's sad is Shane Black was actually in the original Predator. You'd think he would know how to make a proper Predator movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 21, 2020, 09:55:17 PM
You'd think he would know how to make a proper Predator movie.

We all saw Iron Man 3.

So no. No you wouldn't.

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed