Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,579 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: irn on Feb 28, 2012, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon
I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.

What would be another nice kick in the teeth of AvP would be if they made Bishop from a rival company (Hyperdyne/Cyberdyne) while Ash (WY) and David (WI) are their own.

Ash was created by Hyberdyne, not Bishop...

irn

irn

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 09:02:26 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2012, 08:57:23 PM
I really like how they take advantage of the Weyland or WY corps involvement with artificial persons.  I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.  They seem to be a leader, if not the leader, in that field.
What.

In the original Aliens script it said Bishop was built by Cyberdyne, but it was changed to Hyperdyne at time of shooting.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Feb 28, 2012, 09:05:30 PM
I really like how they take advantage of the Weyland or WY corps involvement with artificial persons.  I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.  They seem to be a leader, if not the leader, in that field.
What.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/22528/497642-497641-terminator_super.jpg
The horror.  :P

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I'm loving this so so much.  It's great to come back after school with a very very intriguing video in my Youtube subscriptions.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: irn on Feb 28, 2012, 09:06:22 PM
In the original Aliens script it said Bishop was built by Cyberdyne, but it was changed to Hyperdyne at time of shooting.
I know it was, and it's not canon. Why anyone would take it as such?

irn

irn

Quote from: Master on Feb 28, 2012, 09:06:04 PM
Quote from: irn on Feb 28, 2012, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: RagingDragon
I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.

What would be another nice kick in the teeth of AvP would be if they made Bishop from a rival company (Hyperdyne/Cyberdyne) while Ash (WY) and David (WI) are their own.

Ash was created by Hyberdyne, not Bishop...

Exactly. It would be nice if they emphasized Hyperdyne being a rival cybernetics company, therefore taking the idea of a Bishop having anything to do with Weyland.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Master on Feb 28, 2012, 08:50:47 PM
QuoteCELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF BUILDING BETTER WORLDS.

I don`t really see the problem. It`s 50 th aniversary of Wayland company. Peter Weyland is clearly not in his 50`s, so company must have been started by someone else. This 'someone' might be C. B. Wayland. Problem solved.

I think you're misunderstanding the site's info.

They're stating its been 50 years since his announcement in 2023. Not that WY was founded 50 years prior to 2023.

Also I wonder if this means Michael Bishop was a human afterall

Master

Master

Quote from: irn on Feb 28, 2012, 09:06:22 PM
What.

Ash was created by Hyberdyne. Go watch Aliens if you don`t trust me.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: escroto on Feb 28, 2012, 08:59:27 PM
Now time to see how he also discards things like the alien queen, and mostly everything "aliens = bugs" introduced by Cameron. I want to see a return to the biomechanical nightmare the alien was once. Enough of Cameron's space ants shit.
I doubt it, considering Scott researched insects for the original film and usually compares his Alien to them (why don't more people know this?)

yup.

The insect stuff has been there from the start. But its not the egg/host/queen/hive nature that 'bugs' me its the expendable/stupid/only an animal thing that does it.

irn

irn

Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 28, 2012, 09:10:35 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 09:01:00 PM
Quote from: escroto on Feb 28, 2012, 08:59:27 PM
Now time to see how he also discards things like the alien queen, and mostly everything "aliens = bugs" introduced by Cameron. I want to see a return to the biomechanical nightmare the alien was once. Enough of Cameron's space ants shit.
I doubt it, considering Scott researched insects for the original film and usually compares his Alien to them (why don't more people know this?)

yup.

The insect stuff has been there from the start. But its not the egg/host/queen/hive nature that 'bugs' me its the expendable/stupid/only an animal thing that does it.

Yeah. Xenomorphs went from really eerie, aliens in Alien to space-velociraptors in AR.

The Runner

The Runner

Then went to canon fodder in AVP:R as weak little bitches :( :( :( :( :(

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

A director referring to his monster as an insect....and depicting it as one are very very different things. Cameron depicted the creatures as more ubug-like then mysterious organism.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 28, 2012, 09:15:58 PM

shhhh

shhhh

It's ok honey. AVPR is gone for good now thanks to this thread. Isn't it great?

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Spaghetti on Feb 28, 2012, 09:18:56 PM
Quote from: The Runner on Feb 28, 2012, 09:15:58 PM

shhhh

shhhh

It's ok honey. AVPR is gone for good now thanks to this thread. Isn't it great?

Now if only every copy of it was burned and we all had our collective memories of it erased.  AvP:R is still the worst movie i have ever seen, and lord I have seen some bad ones.

The Runner

The Runner

Yes.  :D

But what about PredXeno? What will he do?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed