Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,704 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

This whole thread makes me have the same feeling when i bought my first car.....
I checked 50 magazines...looked 100 reviews....saw the car in the dealer 10 times....compared it to 2 more of its class..
went back to the magazines to read reviews about the 2 other cars...went to the dealers to see the 2 other cars......checked the latest reviews about them.......test drove them too.....then tried to see if the cost was worthy for each car....then looked articles in the internet...then videos....then...then...then...then....  ???
and after all these my head was ready to explode,i was confused and i just wanted to buy a damn car and get over with it.

JUST MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE WITHOUT PRESS TALK OR HINTS ABOUT THE PLOT ECT!!!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't think I will believe that this is a Alien movie until it's 100% official then Internet rumors. Something in my gutt is telling me that Scott is becoming the next Tite Kubo by trolling our fandom hard.

SpaceMarines

Quote from: prodigy211 on Feb 04, 2011, 03:07:25 AM
This whole thread makes me have the same feeling when i bought my first car.....
I checked 50 magazines...looked 100 reviews....saw the car in the dealer 10 times....compared it to 2 more of its class..
went back to the magazines to read reviews about the 2 other cars...went to the dealers to see the 2 other cars......checked the latest reviews about them.......test drove them too.....then tried to see if the cost was worthy for each car....then looked articles in the internet...then videos....then...then...then...then....  ???
and after all these my head was ready to explode,i was confused and i just wanted to buy a damn car and get over with it.

JUST MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE WITHOUT PRESS TALK OR HINTS ABOUT THE PLOT ECT!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YdhJHZMyzXw/R18vQSCQNoI/AAAAAAAAAHM/dDIH3NCv74Q/s320/dawn+of+the+dead+head+explosion.jpg

You've got red on you.

maddriver

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 04, 2011, 04:06:57 AM
I don't think I will believe that this is a Alien movie until it's 100% official then Internet rumors. Something in my gutt is telling me that Scott is becoming the next Tite Kubo by trolling our fandom hard.
Which means you will have (actually we will have) to wait until the first trailers get released. It's the only way to be sure.

BonesawT101

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 03, 2011, 05:34:04 PM
I'm getting the sense that 'Prometheus' will be related to the Alien franchise in a way that will see the plot deal with the Space jockey so to speak. while the alien as we know it may not appear, what COULD appear (I'm basing these theories on everything I have read so far - facts, the sky rumors, what Scott has said dating back to last year and up to this point) is what existed BEFORE the alien(s) we see in the original film existed - going back to the beginning of the evolution of the species. (this could also be what sky's insider source is talking about when he/she mentions the 'familiar and big giger Aliens'. This may also be what Ridley Scott is referring to in his introduction in the Alien Anthology booklet)

Giger's bio mechanical creatures that appeared in A L I E N  had to have evolved from something, i think that 'something' may be what we see in Prometheus and therefore they can not simply call it a prequel to 'Alien' etc etc because it may not feature the alien as we know it, it may however feature the alien that existed before it.

I also don't think that it will be a true prequel in the sense that it will tell the story of what happened to the jockey and how it crashed on LV-426 etc (for example the star wars episodes 1-3 are 'true' prequels because they told a very specific story of how Darth Vader and the empire came to be) My theory is that Prometheus will be set before Alien or will at least be related to it quite strongly if not completely directly (this is further backed up by Noomi Rapace when discussing her role in Prometheus in a very recent interview with the 'Dagens Nyheter newspaper, "I'm not playing Ripley from the other Alien films, although this one is connected with them" from alienprequelnews.com, 19th january 2011), but will not primarily concern itself with how the space jockey ended up on LV-426.

As earlier stated these are all just my theories after having been constantly reading everything i possibly can on this project for over a year now. I am a massive Alien fan and have been glued to every piece of news that has been released so far on this project haha. I ramble on a bit, but just thought I share my theories with the good folks of the galaxy!

I forgot to mention the reason why I think we could see the alien in it's ancestral form is because a couple of times Scott has alluded to this - "Yeah, the thing about "Alien vs. Predator" is, I know it's commerce, but what a pity. I think, therefore, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger."
- Ridley Scott, April 2010, from alienprequelnews.com he also said - "I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out." (this is part of the same interview I believe) april 27 2010 from NME.com.

stroggificated

stroggificated

I don't get the logic behind that. Scott really lost me there.
I repeat myself... ::)

Mus

Which part?

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 04, 2011, 09:03:07 AMI forgot to mention the reason why I think we could see the alien in it's ancestral form is because a couple of times Scott has alluded to this - "Yeah, the thing about "Alien vs. Predator" is, I know it's commerce, but what a pity. I think, therefore, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger."

so, here's a crazy thought i had.

the big change in aliens in the reproductive cycle is that it essentially ignores the other haploid phases. instead, it substitutes the insect haplo-diploid cycle (the warriors are haploid males, queens and unseen workers diploid females, like in an ant colony). originally, in alien, the facehugger was the haploid phase. it would contribute half its genes to the pool, and the other half would come from the host. essentially, the facehugger mates with its victims, and the result it produces is a diploid "adult" alien, composed of, on average, 50% genes from each "parent". now, being diploid creatures ourselves, we tend to think of this phase as the most important aspect of our existence. but biologically, we're just here to pass on our genes -- which we do through haploid cells. sperm and ova.

what if the focus is really just on that haploid phase, and the fearsome killing machine we know and love is really just a secondary result of the breeding process for the facehuggers? and they're the evolutionary origin, that just evolved a strange way to produce their eggs?

edit: or, stranger still, if there were a correlating "female" haploid species somewhere in the evolutionary history, and the fact that we ran into the middle of this whole process is just a complete accident.

Original Predator

We can prolly stop posting this on the AVP website now.

Considering it's called Prometheus, and has nothing to do with Alien or Predator.

Unless your just "following" this non Alien/Pred movie because R. Scott is directing it.

In that case where are all the Titanic Threads/Posts?

Valaquen

Did Prometheus just get a release, or something? People seem to know more about it than I do.

Wobblyboddle77

I love that description you have given regarding the alien reproductive cycle and how the face hugger contributes alongside the hosts dna to create what the xenomorph will look like once fully formed. If Michael Fassbender is an android, which appears the case, i wonder if scott will give him the same coloured blood as ash and also a few nods to the hyperdrive series ash was. Also will Weyland or Yutani be mentioned? would be cool if they were.

chupacabras acheronsis

wow people are still mad at this?

nendo

Quote from: arachnophilia on Feb 04, 2011, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 04, 2011, 09:03:07 AMI forgot to mention the reason why I think we could see the alien in it's ancestral form is because a couple of times Scott has alluded to this - "Yeah, the thing about "Alien vs. Predator" is, I know it's commerce, but what a pity. I think, therefore, I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing you finally see in "Alien," which is the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger."

so, here's a crazy thought i had.

the big change in aliens in the reproductive cycle is that it essentially ignores the other haploid phases. instead, it substitutes the insect haplo-diploid cycle (the warriors are haploid males, queens and unseen workers diploid females, like in an ant colony). originally, in alien, the facehugger was the haploid phase. it would contribute half its genes to the pool, and the other half would come from the host. essentially, the facehugger mates with its victims, and the result it produces is a diploid "adult" alien, composed of, on average, 50% genes from each "parent". now, being diploid creatures ourselves, we tend to think of this phase as the most important aspect of our existence. but biologically, we're just here to pass on our genes -- which we do through haploid cells. sperm and ova.

what if the focus is really just on that haploid phase, and the fearsome killing machine we know and love is really just a secondary result of the breeding process for the facehuggers? and they're the evolutionary origin, that just evolved a strange way to produce their eggs?

edit: or, stranger still, if there were a correlating "female" haploid species somewhere in the evolutionary history, and the fact that we ran into the middle of this whole process is just a complete accident.

I like that. I hate the hole hive system. That just ruins the hole thign of alien for me. Its not alien at all the hive system cameron added, which is probably why i've recently gone of it. Ridley's morphing scene was more alien than anything i've kidna seen before. makes it creepier.

I like your theory that this killing machine is a mere accident rather than an intended process of the species

arachnophilia

it's certainly a strange idea. i wonder if he's getting at something like that, with the emphasis on the facehugger and not the stereotypical alien.

Alexa Chung

Quote from: Original Predator on Feb 04, 2011, 08:21:19 PM
We can prolly stop posting this on the AVP website now.

Considering it's called Prometheus, and has nothing to do with Alien or Predator.

Unless your just "following" this non Alien/Pred movie because R. Scott is directing it.

In that case where are all the Titanic Threads/Posts?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed