Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 493,615 times)

Vickers

Vickers

The Mentalist
Season 5 Episode 22: Red John's Rules

The finale started off a little slow but things really got moving quickly and the fifth season ended with a bang. The writers deserve all the credit they get for making that final scene so powerful. When the Red John case (which has been in existence since the show's pilot episode) is down to seven suspects and the reveal of those names is not the most powerful part of the final scene, you know you've got a winner of a cliffhanger.

Revenge
Season 2 Episode 20: Engagement

After a disappointing previous episode, things are back to great form. The show is at its best when it balances its cheesy borderline soap-opera story arcs with really intense revelations that propel the story forward. The campy quality of this show works just fine but it only works when it maintains a certain level of authenticity and when things actually move along at a consistent pace. Unfortunately a series such as Revenge suffers when the episode orders are more than 20 episodes per season. That being said, I'm very surprised that they seem to be taking a really brave direction with the upcoming 2 hour season finale. The preview reveals the character making a very big confession that is bound to set the wheels in motion for a thrilling third season.

Evangelion

I'm warming up to this show. >:3 A slow start with great promise from the most recent episode Sweeps streamed.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Againnnn...

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Episodes 6-12

The last episode...so many sad and happy feels. :)

Lie

Lie

Quote from: King Rathalos on May 12, 2013, 02:12:20 PM
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Episodes 6-12

The last episode...so many sad and happy feels. :)

Yeah I hear that shows pretty good, definitely on the list now.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air

Chapter One - Welcome to Republic City
Chapter Two - A Leaf in the Wind

Awesome and funny. I didn't expect the mix between a fantasy setting and a 30's New York, but it worked surprisingly well. The animation and voice acting is excellent, full of energy and life. Really looking forward to seeing more of this show.

Also, Pro-bending is f**king awesome. 8)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Glad you like it!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Chapter Three - The Revelation
Chapter Four - The Voice in the Night
Chapter Five - The Spirit of Competition

I'm loving this so f**king much. Not only is it the funniest thing I've watched in quite some time, but the story is really good as well. The villain is interesting, but doesn't steal the show (yet, anyway). Heck, even the love triangle was handled well, which is something that rarely happens.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Woot! That show is pure viewing bliss and it only gets better and better. The finale is spectacular on the level that it could be a series finale.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Bates Motel.

Pretty f**king awesome to be honest.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2013, 12:51:07 AM
Woot! That show is pure viewing bliss and it only gets better and better. The finale is spectacular on the level that it could be a series finale.

Right now it feels as if Councilman Tarrlok could be Amon. I don't buy that he's wearing a mask because of his ruined face.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 8

Episode 24 - Something New

After eight years, they FINALLY revealed who "the Mother" is. Never seen the actress before, but it's nice to see the show coming to an end next season. :)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Shasvre on May 14, 2013, 09:56:22 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2013, 12:51:07 AM

Right now it feels as if Councilman Tarrlok could be Amon. I don't buy that he's wearing a mask because of his ruined face.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 8

Episode 24 - Something New

After eight years, they FINALLY revealed who "the Mother" is. Never seen the actress before, but it's nice to see the show coming to an end next season. :)

Oh look, I might actually watch one more episode of that show. :P

Anyone who has stopped watching the show long ago like me and is curious about who the mother is:

Spoiler
Lily and Jennifer Love Hewitt had a baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0mronoPszI#ws
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Fall

Episode 1

Gillian Anderson travels to Belfast in order to catch a serial killer in this five part series. So far it's pretty good. Anderson doesn't take much place and we are instead following the killer, played by Jamie Dornan. An excellent performance from him, if you ask me. He's very calm and in control the whole time. And I like that it takes place in Belfast instead of making it another US based crime show.

Chapter Six - And the Winner Is...
Chapter Seven - The Aftermath
Chapter Eight - When Extremes Meet
Chapter Nine - Out of the Past
Chapter Ten - Turning the Tides
Chapter Elven - Skeletons in the Closet
Chapter Twelve - Endgame

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 14, 2013, 12:51:07 AMThe finale is spectacular on the level that it could be a series finale.

You were right, that finale was quite fantastic. I don't know what hit me the most...

Spoiler
The almost teary-eyed end to Tarrlok and Noatak - or the "f**k yeah!" conclusion to Korra's story arc.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Can't wait for Book 2 to start up on that. :)

You should give The Last Airbender a shot; it's got more of a childish tone than Korra, but it's absolutely fantastic once you get used to it.

Nightmare Asylum

Game of Thrones S1E01-04 'Winter is Coming', 'The Kingsroad', 'Lord Snow', and 'Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things'

I had no intention of starting this show yet, but I had some friends over who knew I bought it and wanted to check it out themselves. Wound up making it through four episodes. :D

Anyways, there are a lot of adjectives running through my mind right now that I can use to describe this show. I'm going to keep it plain and simple, though: I loved it, and I can not wait to watch more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed