Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 493,514 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 08, 2013, 01:41:13 AM
With all those rumors of T5 being an alternate timeline of sorts, they might as well tie it in to the show.

Wait, another alternate timeline? Would this one also be picking up post-T2?

BANE

BANE

The Vagina Monologues (HBO).

Wow.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: BANE on Mar 08, 2013, 03:52:40 AM

Wow.

Ever watch Taxi Cab Confessions? :D

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 08, 2013, 04:15:36 AM
Quote from: BANE on Mar 08, 2013, 03:52:40 AM

Wow.

Ever watch Taxi Cab Confessions? :D

I have.

Spoiler
By accident...
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Legend of Korra Book One, Chapters 7-10 "The Aftermath", "When Extremes Meet", "Out of the Past", "Turning the Tides"

Started watching the series last week. Took me a couple episodes to warm up to it and get used to how different it is from The Last Airbender. But holy shit, I'm in love now. The animation is superb, the fights exciting and intense, the backdrops and scenery beautiful, the story compelling, the characters relatable (although there's one or two I find incredibly irritating; but they have small roles), and the humour perfectly balanced with the serious. These past few episodes were all just exceptional, with moments where I'm laughing my head off, pumping my fist in the air in joy, or suppressing the growing lump in my throat. This has quickly become one of my favourite series.

Spoiler
And good Christ, the ending of that last episode. Iroh (who is obviously Zuko's son) leading the fleet back to Republic City, voiced by Dante Basco!
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

YUP.

I knew you'd love that shit, it's one of my favorite series as well. And have you noticed who Hiroshi Sato is voiced by?

Spoiler

Daniel Dae Kim -- Jin, motherf**kers, Jin!
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 08, 2013, 06:26:05 AM
YUP.

I knew you'd love that shit, it's one of my favorite series as well. And have you noticed who Hiroshi Sato is voiced by?

Spoiler

Daniel Dae Kim -- Jin, motherf**kers, Jin!
[close]

EDIT: Looking over more of the cast list. I knew about J.K. Simmons and now Daniel Dae Kim, but holy shit, Steve "Spike Spiegel" Blum? Clancy Brown? Lance Henriksen??!??!?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Okay, I didn't know you weren't aware of Clancy Brown and Lance Henriksen--? Were you watching with earplugs and subtitles?  :laugh:

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Was too distracted by the painted backgrounds.

Also, Clancy was using an accent for his role. Didn't quite sound like him. Sorta like how it doesn't quite sound like him when he does Mr. Krabs.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Psych- Oddly enough, it had to do with this guy who went on an online dating site and killed women because they would not date him even though he self proclaimed to be the "nice guy."

Shasvre

Shasvre

Game of Thrones - Season 2

The Old Gods and the New
A Man Without Honor
The Prince of Winterfell
Blackwater
Valar Morghulis

'Dat wildfire and carnage in Blackwater. :o

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Neon Genesis Evangelion E01 "Angel Attack"

Well, that was interesting. There were elements that I found interesting, but nothing has really grabbed me yet. It was very strange, and I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. A few of the dub actors were very irritating, as well. Music was good, though. Gonna watch some more of this, but based off what little I've seen, not liking it too much. I have a feeling it'll get much better though, judging by the reception of the series I've heard on the boards.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2013, 01:44:54 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 08, 2013, 01:41:13 AM
With all those rumors of T5 being an alternate timeline of sorts, they might as well tie it in to the show.

Wait, another alternate timeline? Would this one also be picking up post-T2?

I doubt it. The rumors were calling for a not dead Kyle Reese along with Sarah Connor being a part of it. Haven't heard anything else regarding this though.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 10, 2013, 08:34:58 AM
Neon Genesis Evangelion E01 "Angel Attack"

Well, that was interesting. There were elements that I found interesting, but nothing has really grabbed me yet. It was very strange, and I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. A few of the dub actors were very irritating, as well. Music was good, though. Gonna watch some more of this, but based off what little I've seen, not liking it too much. I have a feeling it'll get much better though, judging by the reception of the series I've heard on the boards.
To be honest, that was basically my exact same reaction after the first episode (which I why I didn't post about it); I gradually got worked in more and more until the sixth episode, Rei II (where I can safely say I was invested) and then that one just grabbed me completely. It takes time to get initiated but it's completely worth it when you get there. As I said about the voice actors, they were on the two episode recording schedule without a synopsis of the character to go off of, so they grow into their roles as the series goes along-- Misato especially, since in the first coulple episodes she appears to be a kinda-crazy party girl type, though this is only her trying to make Shinji comfortable and provide a relatable companion; down the line she really does fall into the role of a commander and the voice work is incredible from everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73MiKM1wvg#ws

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Neon Genesis Evangelion E02-6 "The Beast", "A Transfer", "Hedgehog's Dilemma", "Rei I", "Rei II"

Well, after being somewhat disappointed by the first episode, I finally see what all the big hullabaloo was about. This show has just been getting better and better as it goes along. I'm very much enjoying just about every moment (some irritating scenes aside). I won't say that I'm in love with it, but I can easily see that happening if this exponential increase in quality continues.

P.S. Sorry for leaving the stream so suddenly. Had some issues with the Procaster, had to exit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed