Ridley Scott Wants To Re-Invent Alien

Started by Darkness, May 06, 2006, 12:01:20 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants To Re-Invent Alien (Read 1,691 times)

Darkness

UGO have also done an interview with Ridley Scott and he of course talks about the future of the Alien franchise. He says he would like to re-design the alien as it’s no longer scary.

UGO: Insofar as doing sequels, if you were to do another Alien movie, how would you like to approach it given your evolution as a director since the original?
RIDLEY: If I “was” going to do another Alien movie, I would have to re-design it. He’s no longer scary, and I think there’s a new franchise, which has kind of blown that away, I think.

UGO: Do you mean Alien vs Predator?
RIDLEY: Oh, please. It’s a pity in a way, because I was kind of beginning to address it, looking at it again, thinking there may be something there that we can go with one more time. I think you can’t stay with that beast any longer. You’ve got to change it. It can’t be as simple as that. I mean, the first thing I would have gone back to was [H.R.] Giger. I’d have gone back to where I started, basically. But yeah, the Alien movies, one continuously improves or sustains the quality of these films…

Mr. Weyland

You see what Paul Anderson has done, James and Ridley said something about the avp movies being a good idea, but then Paul Anderson went and messed it up   >:D   i hope the next avp gets Ridleys and James attention this time, maybe one of them should do AVP3.

0PIY

???   reinvent the alien.... whaaaaaat?

Duke Flukem

Duke Flukem

I think to re-invent the Alien is only a good idea if H R Giger is involved.   ;D   He could keep inkeeping with the traditional design and elaborate on the scary aspects as well. I think A Couple of designs could emerge. A more lethal Killer and more of a worker drone. To me the Queen was a great design but we need to see more variety in the Alien culture.

Lyaller

I don't know if it's a good idea are a bad idea all I know is if R Scott & J Camron are involed it will be good

R

R

DOESN'T EVEN NEED VOTING!!!! WHO ELSE WOULD MAKE A PROPER TRIBUTE TO THESE CREATURES? ALIENS VS PREDATOR SHOULD BE MADE BY R SCOTT & J CAMERON  ONE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT ONE DAY THE RIGHT PEOPLE WILL MAKE THE RIGHT MOVIE, BUT THAT'S JUST ME (POOR SMUCK WITH NO ONE TO TURN TOO BUT THIS FREAKIN WEBSITE!)     ;D     ;D     ;D  

beranmee

The first AvP was well.....................rubbish, for me it had no guts Figuratively and literally. the previous Alien and Predator films were visually good and got a response from the audience (when i say alien films i mean alien and aliens). AvP was didnt have the same impact, no real vision to push the franchises in a new direction..... For AvP to work the director needs two things: 1)a story to push his imagination and make him really push the actors and effects to the limit 2)VISION Both Ridley and Cameron have vision and usually have good scripts to pull from

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed