I wish that movie makers took into consideration the fans input.

Started by CANNON, Oct 22, 2009, 10:09:43 AM

Author
I wish that movie makers took into consideration the fans input. (Read 8,221 times)

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: Master on Dec 22, 2009, 10:38:39 AM
For me black blood is yet another regurgitation process. Shitty, totally unneeded idea that alters they creature in the way that adds really nothing usefull to franchise.

They have black blood for a reason though, they are genetically modified Predators. I can appreciate that many dont like this idea but i think its great and it brings something new: Predators who like gene splicing the genes of their victims to become bigger and stronger. This makes them terrifying and great in my books - the Predators of old that honour prey who defeat them with gifts have been replaced by Predators who kill, gut and assimilate prey who defeat them!! That is trully bad ass and makes them a great bad guy for a movie. A bad guy should show no mercy, this will make them more scary and make the ordeal of the human characters being hunted by them more tense which will translate great on screen - just like the original.

Spoiler
Also the old "honurable" Predator makes an appearance but unfortunately its gets its assed kicked by the new variant of Predator.
[close]
Which is the overall theme of the franchise, survival of the fittest!

Highland

yeah, I'm not pissing my pants at how "cool" the green blood is when I'm watching the first 2, it's a minor detail. They are alien after all. I'd be more concerned about the overall look of the thing than it's make up. Is it proportioned well? how does it move? etc etc

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 22, 2009, 10:56:19 AM
For me black blood is yet another regurgitation process. Shitty, totally unneeded idea that alters they creature in the way that adds really nothing usefull to franchise.
They have black blood for a reason though, they are genetically modified Predators. I can appreciate that many dont like this idea but i think its great and it brings something new: Predators who like gene splicing the genes of their victims to become bigger and stronger. This makes them terrifying and great in my books - the Predators of old that honour prey who defeat them with gifts have been replaced by Predators who kill, gut and assimilate prey who defeat them!! That is trully bad ass and makes them a great bad guy for a movie. A bad guy should show no mercy, this will make them more scary and make the ordeal of the human characters being hunted by them more tense which will translate great on screen - just like the original.

Spoiler
Also the old "honurable" Predator makes an appearance but unfortunately its gets its assed kicked by the new variant of Predator.
[close]

It's not about the color of blood, it's just a detail.
I'm concerned about the change, what is perfect, and for me, Winston's Preds are perfect.
But that's not the point.
Many times I wrote and I argued honorable hunting. But ... I guess we don't understand ... For Preds. pride is to find the prey is strong enough to fight was equal as possible. BSP acts to weaken the prey prior to hunting. The game is not fair. That I don't like it. If they are so badass, playing the poor prey does not highlight this, right?
IMO after thinking about the genetic modification, I came to the conclusion:
Spoiler
Normal Preds chose the strongest preys to hunting, because they wanted the most honorable/strongest trophy. BSP hunting it's some kind of test too. Not experiencing the strongest, but "the gene pool is included from the strongest". This is the reason, why they use only DNA of the strongest of the preys.  This is the reason, why they use genetic modification at all. This is them trophy.
[close]
It is such a digression ...
But the question remains why they weaken preys at the start?
If the prey is weakened, how do you know that may be of value? Logical? ;)

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 22, 2009, 11:28:32 AM

Spoiler
[close]

It's not about the color of blood, it's just a detail.
I'm concerned about the change, what is perfect, and for me, Winston's Preds are perfect.
But that's not the point.
Many times I wrote and I argued honorable hunting. But ... I guess we don't understand ... For Preds. pride is to find the prey is strong enough to fight was equal as possible. BSP acts to weaken the prey prior to hunting. The game is not fair. That I don't like it. If they are so badass, playing the poor prey does not highlight this, right?
IMO after thinking about the genetic modification, I came to the conclusion:
Spoiler
Normal Preds chose the strongest preys to hunting, because they wanted the most honorable/strongest trophy. BSP hunting it's some kind of test too. Not experiencing the strongest, but "the gene pool is included from the strongest". This is the reason, why they use only DNA of the strongest of the preys.  This is the reason, why they use genetic modification at all. This is them trophy.
[close]
It is such a digression ...
But the question remains why they weaken preys at the start?
If the prey is weakened, how do you know that may be of value? Logical? ;)

Yes it can be argued that they weaken prey, but it can also be interpretared that they are doing it to single out the strongest Prey. They want to make it as tough as possible since they want the genetic material of the best most worthy prey. Anyone who can survuve being hunted by Predator dogs, falcons, the environment and the BSP it self is worthy and has genes that the BSP would covert.

Its possible that the the planet in which Predators (2010) is set could be some form of laboratory which the BSP use to single out the strongest prey. Any one who survives their tests is later captured, killed and their DNA extracted to be spliced into the Predator genome making the BSP stronger.

May be they want to be stronger to hunt bigger more tougher prey, something that we have not encountered and may encounter in future films. May be even other Predators...

who knows.

Mystic Ninja

Brody will be staring in two movies about gene splicing

http://www.splicethefilm.com/

keylight-di

Since I found the explanation of the reasons for genetic modification,there is more calmness  in my soul. I discovered the meaning. It might not be wise to explain, but the DNA as a trophy - it speaks to me. ;D
So can you agree with my theory? Does it make sense?  ;)

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 22, 2009, 12:22:14 PM

It was probably just a coincidence. I do not think that Brody chooses movies in this light. ;)

Reaper Pred

Spoiler
[close]

I SECOND THAT!!!!!

Mystic Ninja

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 22, 2009, 12:36:05 PM
Since I found the explanation of the reasons for genetic modification,there is more calmness  in my soul. I discovered the meaning. It might not be wise to explain, but the DNA as a trophy - it speaks to me. ;D
So can you agree with my theory? Does it make sense?  ;)

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 22, 2009, 12:22:14 PM

It was probably just a coincidence. I do not think that Brody chooses movies in this light. ;)

Hey, dont get me wrong I like the original Predator and its look. Its a classic!

However, after 4 movies I want something different. However, I understand that many disagree and would be happy with the original Predator but sadly after the abysmal AvP movies the Predator franchise needs a reboot and the people with the power have decided for "Genetically modified Predators" - something fresh and pretty cool imo.

When I watch a Predator movie I always root for the human characters. This is one of the reasons why I hated the AvP movies since the human characters were shit and they tried too hard to humanise the Predators. Predators are meant to be bad guys not fighting side by side with humans! This is why I enjoyed reading Predators (2010) leaked script since the BSP was evil and wanted to hunt and kill all humans/prey for its own twisted genetic engineering purposes.

keylight-di

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Dec 22, 2009, 02:47:28 PM

Hey, dont get me wrong I like the original Predator and its look. Its a classic!

However, after 4 movies I want something different. However, I understand that many disagree and would be happy with the original Predator but sadly after the abysmal AvP movies the Predator franchise needs a reboot and the people with the power have decided for "Genetically modified Predators" - something fresh and pretty cool imo.

If you want something different, just go and watch different movie ;). It couldn't be about Preds. At all. There are so many movies about so many monsters. Why do you want to change this monsters?? They makes this movies so unique. If are you borring, just find something to watch. Simple? And left my beloved Preds alone. ;D ;)

When I watch a Predator movie I always root for the human characters. This is one of the reasons why I hated the AvP movies since the human characters were shit and they tried too hard to humanise the Predators. Predators are meant to be bad guys not fighting side by side with humans! This is why I enjoyed reading Predators (2010) leaked script since the BSP was evil and wanted to hunt and kill all humans/prey for its own twisted genetic engineering purposes.
They never fight with humans. Human in AvP it was occasional partner, something like in "Prey".  Accident at work.  ;)
In other circumstances (remember the beginning of this movie?) Lex would end as a trophy on the wall. I'm sure.
I don't get you wrong, I guess. I just think, that you aren't really, truly fan. ;D

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 22, 2009, 03:18:50 PM

If you want something different, just go and watch different movie ;). It couldn't be about Preds. At all. There are so many movies about so many monsters. Why do you want to change this monsters?? They makes this movies so unique. If are you borring, just find something to watch. Simple? And left my beloved Preds alone. ;D ;)

They never fight with humans. Human in AvP it was occasional partner, something like in "Prey".  Accident at work.  ;)
In other circumstances (remember the beginning of this movie?) Lex would end as a trophy on the wall. I'm sure.
I don't get you wrong, I guess. I just think, that you aren't really, truly fan. ;D
Hey key...
I am a true fan of the original predator too...but still i believe the predator franchise needs something like The"bsp" to revive the fans..like mystic ninja said.
..I want the original pred to kick the bsp's ass  though...

keylight-di

We still don't know how BSP will looks like. Maybe it will not be so bad as I'm afraid. Who knows? ;) I only think that some changes are unnecessary, risky and could throw the entire franchise to the "Class B Movies." Not everything.
Everything more I could say it could be spoiler... ;)
If even Preds need changes, I doubt that it is right way...
(Preds are perfect, old good Winston's Preds are perfect, it's my holy love, they are perfect..... if someone is boring, it's probably me ;D).

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Dec 22, 2009, 06:06:37 PM
We still don't know how BSP will looks like. Maybe it will not be so bad as I'm afraid. Who knows? ;) I only think that some changes are unnecessary, risky and could throw the entire franchise to the "Class B Movies." Not everything.
Everything more I could say it could be spoiler... ;)
If even Preds need changes, I doubt that it is right way...
(Preds are perfect, old good Winston's Preds are perfect, it's my holy love, they are perfect..... if someone is boring, it's probably me ;D).

Hahaha!!.. I used to think like U untill AvP :'( ... i mean preds were all weak  :o....Hoping Atleast the upgraded preds(bsp) will look good

Master

If there must be Super Predator in it, than
Spoiler
It have to kill normal Pred cause all audience would think otherwise. If it`ll be opposite, than there will be no surprise = boring predictable film like AvP-r.
[close]

And in AvP Preds weren`t weak. Their opponent was just superior.

keylight-di

Quote from: Rahul on Dec 22, 2009, 06:44:42 PM
Hahaha!!.. I used to think like U untill AvP :'( ... i mean preds were all weak  :o....Hoping Atleast the upgraded preds(bsp) will look good
But this is exactly what I mean - Anderson changed Winston's vision, he made different story and we have AvP. No, I like AvP despite all these weakness. Probably because I can compared it with the AvP: R. In comparison with AvP: R, each movie is genius, don't you think? ;)
If you change the very base of the film (and the Preds are this base) then this film is no longer the same. You change all this universe, all philosophy.  I do not want another AvP: R. I do not want another senseless slaughter. :-\
I'm afraid changes because AvP, and more because AvP:R. ;)

But this is only my subjective opinion. Nothing more. ;D

keylight-di

Quote from: Master on Dec 22, 2009, 06:55:01 PM
If there must be Super Predator in it, than
Spoiler
It have to kill normal Pred cause all audience would think otherwise. If it`ll be opposite, than there will be no surprise = boring predictable film like AvP-r.
[close]

And in AvP Preds weren`t weak. Their opponent was just superior.
Yea... It could work. I just want them win, not another weak Pred butchered without meaning, as in AvP .... Stupid ... :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed