Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,200 times)

Mastes1

Mastes1

Thank god that Rothman has gone, he was the dumbass who was pushing PG13 films and the reason why we got a PG13 Die Hrad and why Prometheus was rumoured to be PG13 up until the very end (and it is PG13 really when you watch it).

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Mastes1 on Sep 17, 2012, 12:50:12 PM
Thank god that Rothman has gone, he was the dumbass who was pushing PG13 films and the reason why we got a PG13 Die Hrad and why Prometheus was rumoured to be PG13 up until the very end (and it is PG13 really when you watch it).

Add to that why the original script for daredevil got dumbed to a PG-13, why the third X-Men movie was terrible [his hatred of Giant Robots so no Sentinels [which was the only scene people cheered in that movie], Not waiting for contract to open up so you get lame off screen deaths, and offering Bryan Singer a wage reduction after the success of X-Men 2].  He is the reason Kingdom of Heaven was hacked apart for the Theatre release because he felt that a modern audience wouldn't want a 3 hour movie [most likely it was to get more screening daily].  This is just a small list.

You can read up on his handling of the first X-men film...He felt it was below him.  He hacked the budget, movies the release day from November to May.  He tried to make it a failure.  It backfired to say the least.

I for one am glad to see him go.  Though, the replacement might be no better.  It is Fox.

Add to that:

Galactus as a f**king GIANT CLOUD was his idea.  This is a rumour, but with his hate of giant robots it makes sense.  And if you think about it, maybe this is part of the reason that the Engineer was made smaller.  He hates giants.   

There is a rumour he shot down "Alien 5" with Scott and Cameron because they had an "AvP" script he was happy with.

Back to Fantastic Four, he ok'd a comedy director for it and then complained the tone of the movie was wrong.  Of course it was you hired the wrong f**king guy.  He also cut the budget and rushed production of it.

xii22loop

xii22loop

also FUN FACT Tom Rothman was responsible for the whole mess that X-men: The Last Stand was (alienating and not setting a production start date even after X2's box office returns, which led to the director of the first two leaving after being offered Superman Returns, then Rothman fast tracked the third X-men movie's production ridiculously to beat Superman Returns to theaters, with of course runtime restrictions to maximize profits).

I hope Rothman never finds another job at any studio, although that is sadly unlikely.

Promethée

Promethée

I think he is not innocent in the butchering of Dragonball either.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Promethée on Sep 17, 2012, 06:02:26 PM

The casting was off and the director wasn't great but it mostly lacked the confidence a studio should have. Before they even started filming they changed the budget to a laughable level...... Also they needed someone that actually knew the dragonball story.. But yeah to many things wrong with that movie. I actually felt raped when i left the theater..

keeperxiii

keeperxiii

Was he responsible for the TV productions as well? Can I blame him for wasting tons of money on Terra Nova and then not having the foresight to hire competente writers/producers? :P

Anyway, at least Prometheus had a pretty excelent production. CGI wasn't overused in the slightest and everything looks fantastic. I droll at the thought of seeing them create a truly alien world for the sequel (as opposed to the original's rock). Now they just need a few original creatures, as opposed to just random genetic freaks that look like mutants or squids. Supposedly that squid was meant to look like a proto-facehugger with a bit more "human" look.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 17, 2012, 06:29:29 PM
Quote from: Promethée on Sep 17, 2012, 06:02:26 PM

The casting was off and the director wasn't great but it mostly lacked the confidence a studio should have. Before they even started filming they changed the budget to a laughable level...... Also they needed someone that actually knew the dragonball story.. But yeah to many things wrong with that movie. I actually felt raped when i left the theater..

As soon as i saw chow yun fat attached i gave up hope.  I love Chow Yun Fat, but as Master Roshii?  No way, unless whenever he does anything doves go flying everywhere.

keeperxiii

keeperxiii

Master Roshi with doves flying everywhere? Count me in.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Sep 17, 2012, 07:25:05 AM
I like Bad Astronomy. It's not really rage or smugness; half of the reviews are made up of "Yes, this is convention, but let's talk about the actual science for a sec cos it's interesting."

Phil Plaitt is one of the good ones.  Bit nitpicky, but not to over the top.

SiL

SiL

Least he usually calls himself out when he's nit picking, though.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Tom Rothman is a legendary dick.  But I'm pretty sure Dragonball had enough problems approaching something like quality filmmaking before a single line of dialogue was written or a single frame of film shot.

SM

SM

Think the Holocaust was Hitler's fault?

Rothman.

keeperxiii

keeperxiii

Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
But he doesn't have a review of Prometheus or does he? I couldn't find any in his site at least.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: keeperxiii on Sep 19, 2012, 01:12:00 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 18, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
But he doesn't have a review of Prometheus or does he? I couldn't find any in his site at least.

Maybe Prometheus was too obvious a target.

SiL

SiL

I don't think he's done any recent movies, they're just reviews I like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed