Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,354 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 01, 2018, 07:20:15 PM
Stealth hunter , yeah sorry I mean marketing began last year , infinity war was already starting the hype train before civil war even came out ,  and the venom teaser trailer was only a disappointment to some because it didn't feature venom .

Predator isn't Avengers, though. Really, this timeframe isn't anything to worry about. It just seems so worse since the film was announced so long ago and had several filming dates pushed back so it really seems longer for us who have been tracking it. Marketing seems on track so far.

QuoteAnd I'm sticking to my guns so to speak , fox is not confident about this film , the signs are everywhere, I'm seeing a repeat of 2010s predators again. If you paid attention back then , the pattern is clearly in repeat .

Again, I have to disagree with you. Predators was made on the cheap and incredibly quickly. That really doesn't seem to be the case with The Predator. It's just too early to start marketing the film - it's that simple. Now that said - there has been a social media presence for Predator since it's initial announcement of the new film. The Facebook and Twitter outlets are very active, they started a new "official fansite" so it's not like Fox are sitting around doing nothing. They're trying to keep the Predator franchise active on social media - it's just not ready to start pushing out marketing for the new film because as has been stated, it's just been too early based on their usual marketing strategies. 4/5 months prior to release. We're entering that period now.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 01, 2018, 09:07:19 PM
And for what it's worth , if fox didn't want the backlash from fans , maybe they should be a little more sensible and less careless when it comes to leaking the entire script etc , and before you say " but you chose to read it "

I'm a fan , of course I'm going to read it . That's like putting chocolate under a 2 year olds nose and telling them not to eat it 😂

Respectfully, I disagree again. It's not like Fox wants this stuff out there. It's individuals doing this.

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 02, 2018, 02:38:37 AM
It may very well have just been a poor choice of words, or a thought expressed at the wrong time. Regardless, I can see where he's coming from, to a point. If you were going to see a movie that was rather groundbreaking and exciting like the original Predator or Alien, it would indeed add more to the "wow factor" not knowing exactly what you're going to be seeing. The problem nowadays is that for every Fury Road or Blade Runner you get 15 movies like Iron Man 3 or Dawn of Justice.

I don't need to be surprised by a movie. I've seen Jaws probably 30 times and it's still highly entertaining. A good movie can still manage to entertain you, even when you know what's coming. Still, we've seen predators wearing clothes and riding on APC's. So I'll keep up hopes for this movie, but I'll be reading the full plot summary and catch as much footage as I can before I make a decision. Quality is subjective, I want to see what they're selling first.

Nevertheless, I wish Mr. Black and crew the best of luck, and I'm grateful to Fox for green-lighting another predator movie. May we never see the day when the A&P universe goes extinct.

It's not a bad sentiment for a film maker to not want his audience to know everything about the film going in. And it's not like he's alone in that - people complain about spoilers all the time. Hell, I hate that trailers pretty much give away a lot of the film these days. I went to watch Cabin in the Woods without knowing what it was about. Absolutely blew me away.

Now I realize given what we do here on the website that seems somewhat hypocritical but sometimes I do wish I could be less spoiled.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 02, 2018, 12:29:56 PM
Wait for the trailer to come out, and you'll see people saying it sucks etc... Some others will say it's great etc... You can't please everyone anyway...

Too true. It's pretty typical of all fandoms. Unfortunately a lot of people also make up their minds well in advanced instead.

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 02, 2018, 08:54:08 PM
Yeah I knew that , Again it's bs , I don't want friendly predators in human clothes shooting human weapons . I don't want genetic mutated predators either , I was never fond of the super predators but I could live with it , but this mutated nonsense completely kills it for me . It's just cringy to say the least ....

I'm not keen on the pants idea but it's not something that will ruin the film for me. Personally, I love the idea of the Predators using our weaponry though. I love it in Big Game and I love it in Peter Briggs' AvP script. That works perfectly fine for me.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Corporal Hicks - How can you said that Predator in pants will not ruin the film for you? Okey its just your opinion. . but after all, you must have a really strange taste man. This is propably next to the leaked script a second thing that people are complain about, they are extratrrestial beings. . they dont need clothes in order to warm their frozen legs, they dont need any extra space for additional pencils or bullets in their pockets. Man, anyone who is okey with the whole (Predators in pants idea) just killing my last hope here.

Corporal Hicks

Because it's just one thing. There are 3 different (I think) Predator designs in this film. The fact that one of those designs - intended for Predators who have apparently been on Earth for a while - includes some human clothes isn't going to absolutely ruin a film for me if I enjoy more aspects of it.

But I don't know that yet. I need to watch the film first.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Corporal Hicks , do you not think regarding predators wearing our clothes and shooting our weapons , fox are trying to humanise them too much .

Look I'm not being funny , there are 7 billion people on this planet ,  do we really need to start making them like us ?  Where's the originality?  They are aliens and it should be kept that way . It's just laziness and sloppy script writing in my opinion.

Just because it worked in print doesn't mean it will on the big screen , anything can work in a comic that's why comic books are so successful, that doesn't mean the big screen will work , look at friendly little scar from avp i almost could reach out and hug him , I don't want super hero predators Its not good !!!

Another  area I have to disagree with you hicks on is predators , back in 2009/2010 the whole script was leaked , photos of the predators was leaked , it was marketed as a revival land it was a complete failure, and I'm sorry but those same things have happened again , and of course it's up to fox to keep a lid on leaks . I'm not going to be an apologist for their sloppiness. And lastly why are predators seemingly becoming weaker and weaker by the film ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 03, 2018, 09:52:24 AM
Corporal Hicks , do you not think regarding predators wearing our clothes and shooting our weapons , fox are trying to humanise them too much .

Look I'm not being funny , there are 7 billion people on this planet ,  do we really need to start making them like us ?  Where's the originality?  They are aliens and it should be kept that way . It's just laziness and sloppy script writing in my opinion.

I don't think it humanizes them. I think within the context of what we know of the story - that those particular Predators are here, working with some of us to hunt down the Upgrade - that it makes some sense. Do the shoulder cannons have finite energy? Are they able to recharge them from our power sources? It'd make sense they'd supplement their own limited resources with something available locally to them.

Perhaps these particular Predators actually like the weaponry? It shows character. Would you be complaining if they were using some sword or something that they'd taken from someone?

Like I said, the pants are a strange design choice and not one I'm keen on but applying the same logic - the Predators might get cold. Their own loin cloths might have been damaged in previous battle and the Predator bosses aren't willing to fork out on FTL costs just to send a couple of agents some new underwear. It's not inconceivable for reasons for why.

QuoteJust because it worked in print doesn't mean it will on the big screen , anything can work in a comic that's why comic books are so successful, that doesn't mean the big screen will work , look at friendly little scar from avp i almost could reach out and hug him , I don't want super hero predators Its not good !!!

That's execution, though. There's more to the team-up in AvP. Less to the simple notion that a Predator uses a gun. Lex didn't deserve the team-up in AvP. For me, it didn't work in AvP purely because she didn't deserve it. What she did shouldn't have earned her Scar's respect but on paper the concept of a team-up is fine by me.

Again, we don't know how it's going to be executed. That the Original Predator's conceive the Upgrade a big enough threat to want to work with us isn't a bad idea. It'll just depend on execution.

QuoteAnother  area I have to disagree with you hicks on is predators , back in 2009/2010 the whole script was leaked , photos of the predators was leaked , it was marketed as a revival land it was a complete failure, and I'm sorry but those same things have happened again , and of course it's up to fox to keep a lid on leaks . I'm not going to be an apologist for their sloppiness. And lastly why are predators seemingly becoming weaker and weaker by the film ?

It did leak. Which, again, led to people have the completely wrong ideas about the finished film. The Predators in Predators weren't the Super Predators. Pictures may have leaked but that was, again, the action of individuals. Are you suggesting that Fox should have all their phones confiscated? The computer usage of everyone who works on those films monitored? Those people are under contract and I would imagine they'd be very much punished if discovered, what they do they do of their own will. Fox have things in place to dissuade that behaviour.

Predators was intended to the test the water and it did fail. Doesn't equate to The Predator though. The Predator isn't (apparently) being made on the cheap. It isn't being rushed out. Yeah, they may want the same result from both but different efforts are being put into it.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks the leaked 2010s predators scripts proved to be  90% accurate . The photos proved to be true and I don't get what you mean by they were not super predators ? I seen the leaked photos I remember them , they were same predators that appeared on film .  And yes I think you are making accuses for fox when it comes to leaks , they work for fox so it's still fox's problem and fault . No other studio has so consistently leaked the way fox studios seems too when it comes to predator . Is it just pure coincidence then that both films had a early leaked script and photos of the creatures ? I think not somehow . It's just a simple fact .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 03, 2018, 10:25:38 AM
Hicks the leaked 2010s predators scripts proved to be  90% accurate . The photos proved to be true and I don't get what you mean by they were not super predators ? I seen the leaked photos I remember them , they were same predators that appeared on film . 

Can you point me to the bit in Predators where they show the new Predators having black blood and all the genetic harvesting stuff? The Predators in that finished film weren't the Super Predators from that script. As far as the finished film portrayed, they were just another race or ethnicity of Predators, same as all the other Predators in all the other films.

Personally, I wish they'd have reduced the number of Berserker Predators to just the one. Had that single new Predator get blown up with a claymore and survived the fight with Hanzo.

QuoteAnd yes I think you are making accuses for fox when it comes to leaks , they work for fox so it's still fox's problem and fault . No other studio has so consistently leaked the way fox studios seems too when it comes to predator . Is it just pure coincidence then that both films had a early leaked script and photos of the creatures ?

So you do think Fox should be constantly monitoring their employees activities to prevent this? Or are you suggesting that this is a strategy on Fox's behalf to "leak" the script and pictures? I'm not sure what point you're wanting to make with this?

azamultic

azamultic

Petr Švancara hello sir
   "Corporal Hicks - How can you said that Predator in pants will not ruin the film for you? Okey its just your opinion. . but after all, you must have a really strange taste man. Man, anyone who is okey with the whole (Predators in pants idea) just killing my last hope here. "
I think you are being close-minded(no offense). I am personaly not a fan of the way it looks, but what Hicks said, it depends from the execution. And I am not saying that it's totally kiling this movie for me. So how are we killing your hope my friend?  :)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks that's why I said it proved to be 90% accurate, and yes I'm very much suggesting that fox deliberately leak scripts , sort of a drip drop style of marketing, I don't know why they do it however . And maybe no phones allowed and computers monitored is the answer ,

You can't deny the similarities going on here .

The same rhetoric of being completely fresh and a revival was used back then as it is now ...

And who are fox exactly if individuals don't make fox what is is ?

Corporal Hicks

I was deliberately being extreme with my examples. No, that really isn't the answer and would be impossible to enforce. The US Government gets in bother over that kind for thing with the reason being national security. There's no way in hell that would ever be allowed or considered reasonable over just films.

I just can't disagree with you here. Fox aren't deliberately leaking the scripts. Regardless of both Predators and The Predator scripts leaking, rhe scripts aren't representative of the final production and often results more damage than good. And it's not something that is exclusive to Predator either.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks you are missing my point pal , so I'll say it again , " who are fox studios if it isn't made up by individuals ? "  I said fox have been sloppy with leaks and I'll stand by that . They have been , and will continue to be , way more so than any other studio . And when black said "wouldn't it be good going in not knowing anything " I get the feeling it was an inside dig at fox for being so careless with
his product .

Corporal Hicks

I really missed it if that was your point. Apologies. But one individual does not necessarily make up a group. It's not like the CEO is handing out scripts. I just think that mentality is a little unfair. Fox have things in place to prevent leaks - as do all companies - they're just not infalliable.

It's certainly possible Black may have been making a dig. It's also just as likely a dig at marketing strategies or fandom mentality of wanting it all now.  :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

Here's an example , when you work for a company you represent that company contracted or not ,  my example would be Manchester United .. bear with me ;)

Let's say a few of the players gets found out to be cheating , is it the individuals cheating or has the Manchester United team cheated ? They represent the team so it would be played out like the team has cheated , even though it was the actions of a few players . But they represent a brand and the brand has to take the fall and rightly so .

That's why I feel the way I do when it comes to fox .

Corporal Hicks

There's still a difference. The players, manager and owner are the faces of the team. They do represent. Some nameless guy or girl somewhere sending a script to a website doesn't represent Fox. If it was Stacey Snider then perhaps I'd agree with but no, I still consider it unfair.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

An extreme example sure , but it gets my point across .

Highly doubt they are just nobody's who are doing the leaking .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed