What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 589,840 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Surely it's the homo-erotic realities that are worthy of the happy thread!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ You mean the super happy thread! ;D

I just purchased my ticket to see the Pet Shop Boys in NYC at the Theater at Madison Square Garden! My cousin and her husband live in Garden City (New Jersey), so they are pretty close to the city (she is a pharmac. sales rep and makes ridiculous money), so I got a free stay! Still deciding on the flight (1.5 hours non-stop from Pittsburgh), so I am making this my vacation this year. I hope to at least have a comp card by then, so I can approach some modeling agencies while I am there. Speaking of, I found out the top modeling/acting agency in Pittsburgh has open casting the first Tuesday of each month, so I requested the first Tuesday in June off and going to give it a go! All we can do in life is try our best and I plan to give it my all!

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Dad's 50th birthday yesterday. :) Had a lot of fun - burned several steaks and when I wanted to make a toast I forgot what I wanted to say and everyone went nuts. :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Deadmeat on May 23, 2016, 06:25:30 AM
Dad's 50th birthday yesterday. :) Had a lot of fun - burned several steaks and when I wanted to make a toast I forgot what I wanted to say and everyone went nuts. :D

Criminal! Steaks are supposed to be red, not burnt!  :o

I had a cracking weekend. Was running a Star Trek Attack Wing tournament on Saturday. It's the first one I've actually been excited for as I'd come up with a really fun looking fleet that I hadn't expect to do very well. Ended up going 2-1, losing in the final round but I'd been making little mistakes throughout as I've not played as much as I used to. Everyone seemed to have a great day all around.

Recorded our Robert Rodriquez Predators script episode with RidgeTop,HuDa and Xenomorphine and that was just so much fun. I'll be editing that one tomorrow and I can't wait to see how well that turned out. If it's half as much fun to listen to as it was to record that'll be a hilarious episode.

Sunday I went airsofting. Finally got my mate, who I share an office with at work, to come with and he got proper into it. We all did. My everything aches and I look like I've been attacked by bees or something so I know I got stuck in.  :laugh: I meant to take a picture of my forehead to post. I'll try to remember later.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2016, 07:06:58 AM

Recorded our Robert Rodriquez Predators script episode with RidgeTop,HuDa and Xenomorphine and that was just so much fun. I'll be editing that one tomorrow and I can't wait to see how well that turned out. If it's half as much fun to listen to as it was to record that'll be a hilarious episode.

Good to hear. I don't think my May episode went quite that well, though. :-\

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Got some shocking news from my Mum today.

Turns out I'm getting 100 times more than i expected in my Grandmother's will.

Nearly dropped the milk as i was making a coffee lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So...have I ever told you how much I appreciate you?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

99.8% of the time in life, it deals you bust hands.
00.2% of the time in life, you get a royal flush.
Enjoy the new found wealth, I'm sure she would want you to enjoy it (and maybe pay off a bill or two :P )!

Got a new haircut today, feels very grand. Also, I had to get the dog a summer haircut (aka shave down) but he does look cute and hilarious at the same time!

edit: Also doing research on Memphis Milano group, a very artsy group of designers that worked in Italy from the mid to late 1980s. Very cool and starting to give me ideas of my own art direction...
A brief history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Group

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 24, 2016, 03:47:56 PM
Got some shocking news from my Mum today.

Turns out I'm getting 100 times more than i expected in my Grandmother's will.

Nearly dropped the milk as i was making a coffee lol

So uhh... wanna lend me a grand?

Topazora

Topazora

..... oh God, I'm leaving for Japan Monday D:  excited but scared!  And stressed.  Training's completely done in 2 days and I leave the country Monday.  Oh... my God!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Are you on deployment? Congratulations though! I hear its a wonderful country.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lol well i could pay for some odd jobs lmao

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Today was the release of the most anticipated trading card product of the year, 2015-16 Upper Deck ICE NHL Hockey trading cards. I got first pick (as I was there before the store opened) and went with a box plus 3 extra packs. Spent 200$, but I never, ever did anything like this before, so I didn't feel bad about it. Additionally, this year's rookie class is superb and will be collectable for many years to come. I opened up the three first packs and the cards themselves are beautiful. Almost entirely printed on acetate with gorgeous colors and design. When I got home, I opened up the first pack from the box. I can't believe what just happened. I, I just can't believe it! To say I was excited was an understatement! :D

Spoiler

edit: Also finding an original, authentic Memphis Milano tie was very exciting, even more when the seller accepted my best offer ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I take it that's a nice rare card?  :laugh:

MY last rare I need for the Alien Resurrection expansion of the Alien/Predator CCG arrived yesterday!

Just 2 more promos to go and then I'm done!

And going to see Nice Guys tonight!  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

My copy of the Limited Edition (of 5000) 5-Disc Tenth Doctor Adventures from Big Finish arrived this morning

"Donna, We're On"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed