Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 78,110 times)

predalien27

Oh.  :o

Sylenall

Sylenall

This is easy.

We need host migration.  For all 3 platforms.

Can that even be patched in?

Kane

Kane

Quote from: Sylenall on Feb 09, 2010, 09:56:10 PM
This is easy.

I think so.
Doesn't seem too difficult to integrate.

VainApocalypse

This is easy.

We don't need host migration on the PC; the PC has dedicated servers.

Sylenall

Sylenall

Quote from: VainApocalypse on Feb 09, 2010, 10:15:10 PM
This is easy.

And yet according to this recent interview the PC version can only play ranked matches in MM, hence our shared problem.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=311141

"Dedicated servers won't have this issue of hosts quitting for obvious reasons, but I was led to believe that for us to achieve ranking we need to play in ranked matches which is the match making process. All that I know about the ranking is that it's only useful for unlocking skins but there might be other goodies that unlock as well."

VainApocalypse

Has anyone added the default mouse acceleration/smoothing as something that needed to be changed or atleast have an option added to turn it off? There is no place for it on the PC...Ever.

VainApocalypse

Quote from: Sylenall on Feb 09, 2010, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: VainApocalypse on Feb 09, 2010, 10:15:10 PM
This is easy.

And yet according to this recent interview the PC version can only play ranked matches in MM, hence our shared problem.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=311141

"Dedicated servers won't have this issue of hosts quitting for obvious reasons, but I was led to believe that for us to achieve ranking we need to play in ranked matches which is the match making process. All that I know about the ranking is that it's only useful for unlocking skins but there might be other goodies that unlock as well."

This game looks more like a console port every time I log onto these forums.

In this case, the mechanic that needs to be changed isn't a lack of host migration, it's the presence of matchmaking on the PC in the first place, and whichever developer thought it would be a good idea to put it there needs to be fired.

OiScout

OiScout

I don't know if I'm reading you guys correctly, but:

Even if we have dedicated servers, I'm pretty sure MM works with it.  Dedicated servers and MM aren't mutually exclusive.

It states "There will be ranked and player matches with PC having the option to host dedicated servers."  They have the OPTION to.  Although I agree, that's just retarded.  Automatically gives one person an edge right there.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

I would really like to see the removal of the Alien-vision glow from your own character model when playing as a Xenomorph. I think that it takes away from some of the coolness of seeing yourself trophy/stealth killing someone when you see your own limbs passing through them. It would also make it obvious that you're seeing your own tail when you spin around and see it.

If nothing else, I'd be fine with just completely disabling the vision HUD during the Stealth Kills if that was the only way to go about it.

Image Examples

Glowing green outline around your own jaws.

Slightly less obvious (not sure why).

X 8)

Baasje92

Baasje92

When you get out of a throphy kill, it won't help you at al  cause you seem to be paralysed for another 10 hours pffffff. Then what's the point of it, hoping that some freakking noob doesn't know to attack again..... Ofcourse stupid bullcrap!

Elliott

Elliott

Quote from: Baasje92 on Feb 09, 2010, 11:17:31 PM
When you get out of a throphy kill, it won't help you at al  cause you seem to be paralysed for another 10 hours pffffff. Then what's the point of it, hoping that some freakking noob doesn't know to attack again..... Ofcourse stupid bullcrap!
... Are you high? Everytime I get out of a Trophy, I kill them. Even mid-strike, I still kill them.
You must be laggin'.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

If you're referring to my post- it's not so much an issue with the Stealth kills themselves, as much as it is the aesthetics of seeing them from the Alien's PoV.

X 8)

VainApocalypse

Quote from: Galliruler on Feb 09, 2010, 11:22:22 PM
... Are you high? Everytime I get out of a Trophy, I kill them. Even mid-strike, I still kill them.
You must be laggin'.

Agreed. I can usually manage to take back the advantage after escaping a trophy kill.

PsychoticMarik

Agree with your post completely X SOLDIER.
Alien vision on your own body is retarded and kills the atmosphere.

Zephon

Zephon

The only thing that kills atmosphere is that cursed PERSECUTION crap... omfg. I can be on a 15+ kill streak and then my first death is because some random wanker can see the skull above my head on the other side of the bloody map.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed