Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,136 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 15, 2012, 09:30:15 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 15, 2012, 03:08:52 AM
I remember reading a while back where someone hypothesized that the Jockeys themselves are long dead, and need human hosts to resurrect themselves. Hmmm.
Nice point. Honestly, the attempt of now extinct alien race ro recreate themselves at expense of humans appeals to me much better, than "we created Aliens ourselves" plot. Moreover if it turns out, that crew will not have to fight breathing Alien species, but rather the remnants of alien technology, augmented with crew's own curiosity.

That's an interesting concept. It not entirely far-fetched that when the engineers developed the alien xenomorphs (if that is indeed the case), they integrated aspects of their own lifecycle, meaning the need for a host.

If the engineers turn out to be our makers/Gods, were we only created to become a reduced and disposable part of their lifecycle and not a civilization in our own right? Ridley said this much - that the crew would confront a civilization demonstrating a very uncivilized behaviour.

About the tall being (engineer?) seen when the famous chair rises - it seems to me that the sarcophage on the left has opened, so I guess that he emerged from that. I think he's preparing to pilot the ship and this scene will be happening just moments before we see the ships collide while in flight.

Edit: 180924609 was faster than me  ;)

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

My thought exactly.  The big blue "Engineer" came out of a Cryo Chamber in the main control chamber, and is not a mutated crew member.  Unless the chamber has something to do with the mutation process?

That leads to the question(S).

Are the engineers and space jockeys different aliens?  Or is a space jockey simply an Engineer wearing the suit?  If they are different it's my opinion that that the Space Jockeys are slaves to serve the Engineers.

By most accounts we are pretty sure that some crew members are being changed/mutated.    I wonder if they are being changed into space jockeys to serve as slaves?

We are reasonably sure that Shaw gets impregnated or serves as a host to something.  I'm wondering if this progenitor to our Xenomorphs?

Cant wait to see the answers.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

I don't think this room is a "chamber" and has something to do with some mutation process or things like that. And I think the blue guy is the Engineer. In the shot of the first trailer he's preapring his ship to left off.

I still think that this room is the command room of the Derelict and the chair is the pilot seat.

After the impact with the Prometheus, the Jockey tries to maintain his ship but the Xeno burst his chest, he dies and he crashes on LV4-26.

If it's a sacrifical chamber or whatever, why the Galaxy map ?

ikarop

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 15, 2012, 01:35:02 PM
I don't think this room is a "chamber" and has something to do with some mutation process or things like that. And I think the blue guy is the Engineer. In the shot of the first trailer he's preapring his ship to left off.

I still think that this room is the command room of the Derelict and the chair is the pilot seat.

After the impact with the Prometheus, the Jockey tries to maintain his ship but the Xeno burst his chest, he dies and he crashes on LV4-26.

If it's a sacrifical chamber or whatever, why the Galaxy map ?

I guess I should rephrase that.  Cryo chamber = the four pods on the floor. 

When I asked, "Unless the chamber has something to do with the mutation process?" I was talking about the four pods on the floor and not the whole room.

Control Chamber = the room as a whole where the chair, map, and four pods are located.  I don't think there is anything sacrifical about the room or the pods.   I was just thinking out loud as to the possible purposes of the four pods

Ond3000

Ond3000

Hi
long time lurker, first time post..

I've read so much about the film on this site and others and loved the forensic dissection of every tiny drop of the very little information we've been drip fed over the last year or so. But something of my excitement is slowly ebbing away as we talk about human mutation and Jockey suits where now as the film draws closer it really ought to be growing..
And I think I've worked out why it is.

My love of ALIEN (and as like a half life, to a much lesser degree all that followed) is rooted squarely with the alien. But not just its final stage or indeed any part of its cycle but rather IT, and it's surroundings utter alieness. From the biomechanical vessel and pilot, the queesy psycho sexual body horror of the egg and hugger, the carnage of its 'birth' to the vicious singleminded relentlessness of the UTTERLY terrifying final creature (that to this day is still the beast in any of my nightmares). This specific alieness, this vicious horror, is the product of one vision. HR Gigers vision..
He may have not written the script or directed the film but can you imagine the outcome if it weren't for him? Sure Ridley is fantastic and Blade Runner remains my favourite film, but even with his direction, the cast and everyone else involved in the production the film would not still occupy that dark place in our colective conciousness if it weren't for that perfectly realised 'alieness' that Giger rendered in both concept and final physicality.

Now with Prometheus, although it has been said that he is attached to the film in some capacity, there has been very very little spoken about his involvement from Scott, Fox or any other source about what he's actually doing. You might argue that they're holding something back for some reason, but for the life of me I can't think why they would. When Fox spends however many hundreds of millions of pounds on making and marketing a project like this do you not agree that if there is anything and I mean anything that they might utilise to engender interest or excitement that they wouldn't? Why wouldn't they attach Gigers name more prominently to any of their marketing? Leaving aside the esoteric nature of his creations appeal  he was after all responsible for the only Academy Award that the film received so on a purely academic level why have we not heard anymore about his involvement? You might also argue that if he was explicitly involved it would point to the inclusion of the xenomorph itself which they are clearly still teasing us with (for the record i don't care whether the actual creature appears in this movie or not I just want more of that biomechanical vision is all) but of course Giger is responsilble for the derelict and the Jockey too, so again, why not?..

I'm left with the sad realisation that he's probably only been involved more in an advisory capacity as a courtesy to his initial involvement. Or simply he's decided himself not to get involved too much because either he felt shafted by Fox after Alien3 or he's just too old to comit so much of his time and energy to a project this big...

So Prometheus, directed by a great director, with a fantastic cast, in the ALIEN universe but WITHOUT much Giger? I'm afraid that I think that I'm going to enjoy it.
But not love it....

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

It looks like David is the one who finds the Orrery, it's in total darkness when he arrives, it's probably him who activates the mechanism for revealing the control desk and chair and ultimately the Star Map. When he first arrives all the sarcophagi are sealed so he must be involved somehow with the opening of that one.

Makes you think what David is up to though, it seems that he may be responsible for opening the door to the Ampule Room as well so how come he is conversant with SJ technology?

ThisBethesdaSea

Here's the conundrum as we continue to discuss the 'what ifs' in regards to Prometheus. We've bandied about so many ideas about every part of this film; can we be satisfied or happy with what we finally get if it ultimately doesn't match up to what we think?

This is the real danger about internet hype and forums. It reaches a fever pitch that a film cannot possibly match.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

The four pods on the ground are maybe just Hypersleep pods for the Derelict crew.

The question that really intriguing me is how the Jockey arrived on this planet and why ?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Maybe the film will touch a theme of a sentient robotic being (android - David) achieving transcendence ???

VGER

bunnyavpg

bunnyavpg

And it's obvious that the Genesis Device has been used on the planet. Movie is just a Star Trek rip-off, I want my money back.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

About the Prometheus story, the jockey part. I was more thinking of a plot like this shitty Supernova of Walter Hill. A space crew taking aboard their ship a strange passenger with evil intentions. Twisting their minds and offering them gifts... I like this kind of plot.

escroto

escroto

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 15, 2012, 12:35:28 PMAnd in the scene in the trailer where we saw the enigneer on the right of the screen, the cryochamber on the left is definitely open. Surely this is the one that he just came out of?
that could very well be the elder really pissed off at us and before doing something..., fun

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 15, 2012, 02:27:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyLU3Vq3Tw#ws
Thanks Micheal. I'm Bat Chain. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 15, 2012, 03:15:39 PM
Here's the conundrum as we continue to discuss the 'what ifs' in regards to Prometheus. We've bandied about so many ideas about every part of this film; can we be satisfied or happy with what we finally get if it ultimately doesn't match up to what we think?

This is the real danger about internet hype and forums. It reaches a fever pitch that a film cannot possibly match.

In the end it boils down to THAT. The movie will succeed or fail on a personal level depending on whether you like the hypothesized versions better than what we actually get. I think the future of film making will be based on this phenomenon. Basically it will be 'movie mods' that audiences can tailor make/tweak to suit there own cinematic appetites based on a core set of elements produced by the film company.

We are already doing this everyday in our minds when we see trailers. They just have to find a way to sell it to use and then display our work. Imagine how many versions of the Star Wars films there would be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed