Exclusive teaser trailer!!!

Started by Darkoo, Mar 12, 2012, 09:41:30 AM

Author
Exclusive teaser trailer!!! (Read 95,126 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

I'm seriously starting to think that the Engineer we see in the trailer is actually one of the Prometheus crew, forceably mutated into one. Just look at the suit he's wearing--it looks a damned sight like the Prometheus crew suits, even with the cowl at the back--which, interestingly enough, seems to be part of the Engineer's neck, biomechanically fused. Methinks that's what our Mutant Space Zombie friend might be turning into--or maybe the Engineer activating the chair is actually Holloway, since we know he also gets hit with the acid/whatever as well. I remember reading a while back where someone hypothesized that the Jockeys themselves are long dead, and need human hosts to resurrect themselves. Hmmm.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Thats what iv thought all along.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 15, 2012, 03:08:52 AM...seems to be part of the Engineer's neck, biomechanically fused

A bit borg-ish don't you think? That leads straight to the the god awful conclusion (IMO) that there are no aliens, only altered humans, and the 'aliens' are some kind of invisible nano-tech.

Hoping you're wrong, but somehow doubting that you are.

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

Then next logical question is....'who's piloting the ship?'

I'm thinking the ship is already on the planet and it takes off with plans to go to earth or whatever and the Prometheus crashes into it to stop it>

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 15, 2012, 03:54:46 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 15, 2012, 03:08:52 AM...seems to be part of the Engineer's neck, biomechanically fused

A bit borg-ish don't you think? That leads straight to the the god awful conclusion (IMO) that there are no aliens, only altered humans, and the 'aliens' are some kind of invisible nano-tech.

Hoping you're wrong, but somehow doubting that you are.

-Chris

I'm with you on that!  If I find out that the aliens are actually altered humans or if the story is anything close to that, I'm not going to be a happy camper.  This will kill the intense atmosphere and mystery associated with the aliens.  There needs to be some kind of disconnect between us and the aliens.

I hope the new trailer has enough to lead us to believe (or hopefully prove) this isn't the case without giving the game away.

I just really, really don't want Prometheus to suck.  Yes, I expressed a little disappointment in there being more CGI than I would have liked but the film still looks beautiful so far.  My main concern at this point is the story.  I want the story to be as rich and as intricate as I think it will be.  And I love this cast.  This can't suck.  This just can't.

Please Ridley.  Please Fox.

ThisBethesdaSea

There are spores that trap ants and take over their bodies forcing the ants to basically work for them, and eventually kill themselvhes to further the lifecycle of the spore. It's fascinating and terrifying. Why can't the mutation take on this idea and yet bring it further? That's a huge disconnect between strange or parasitic presence and the capturing and enslaving of the free-willed human. I can't think of a scarier or more horrible way to go.

I don't get how we rule out ideas because WE don't see them working? Someone explain it to me?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 15, 2012, 04:58:51 AMThere are spores that trap ants and take over their bodies forcing the ants to basically work for them, and eventually kill themselvhes to further the lifecycle of the spore. It's fascinating and terrifying. Why can't the mutation take on this idea and yet bring it further?

Or the bug that shuts down the part of a rat's brain so it is no longer afraid of cats, because it needs to get into a cat to mature. Eeesh.

I agree it's a creepy idea, but how can you portray that on film without excessive exposition from the crew or banal psycho-drama? IMO you can't effectively go from real monsters that could cut you in half with a fart to microscopic monsters that can only be properly shown under a crewman's microscope.

Scott: How can we make these aliens scarier?
Lindelof: I know! We'll make them tiny, and invisible.
Scott: Brilliant! f**k I'm wasted...

-Chris

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 15, 2012, 04:41:40 AM
I just really, really don't want Prometheus to suck.  Yes, I expressed a little disappointment in there being more CGI than I would have liked but the film still looks beautiful so far.  My main concern at this point is the story.  I want the story to be as rich and as intricate as I think it will be.  And I love this cast.  This can't suck.  This just can't.

Please Ridley.  Please Fox.
My thoughts exactly. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 15, 2012, 03:08:52 AM
Methinks that's what our Mutant Space Zombie friend might be turning into--or maybe the Engineer activating the chair is actually Holloway, since we know he also gets hit with the acid/whatever as well.
They both could undergo mutation, actually all the team could be affected to more or less degree.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 15, 2012, 03:08:52 AM
I remember reading a while back where someone hypothesized that the Jockeys themselves are long dead, and need human hosts to resurrect themselves. Hmmm.
Nice point. Honestly, the attempt of now extinct alien race ro recreate themselves at expense of humans appeals to me much better, than "we created Aliens ourselves" plot. Moreover if it turns out, that crew will not have to fight breathing Alien species, but rather the remnants of alien technology, augmented with crew's own curiosity.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 15, 2012, 04:30:37 AM
Then next logical question is....'who's piloting the ship?'
What does make you think the ship needs a pilot?.. Horseshoe-shaped thing might be programmed preliminarily and triggered by our mishappy crew to float down the course.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

The IMDB page of the film has changed again.
Now, There is only the names of the main actors playing the crew + Pearce & Wilson. No more Mercs or Engineer characters. Only the crew. And apparently Patrick Wilson is Shaw's Father.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/fullcredits#cast

Infected

Infected

I think the jumping mowhawk guy is a puppet after being infected by something,
then his master comes in and deals with the rest of the guys.
But we dont know much maybe there are more different of jockey look a likes.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 15, 2012, 05:15:37 AM
I agree it's a creepy idea, but how can you portray that on film without excessive exposition from the crew or banal psycho-drama? IMO you can't effectively go from real monsters that could cut you in half with a fart to microscopic monsters that can only be properly shown under a crewman's microscope.
Well, they worked the gruesome life-cycle of an insect into Alien, I'm sure they could do if for Prometheus without needless exposition.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 12, 2012, 10:29:04 AM
Wow. That's a whole lotta CGI. :-\ And more Mutant Space Zombie madness!
Glad they're still using the original ALIEN trailer siren, now mixed with standard Blockbuster trailer choir instead of that tacky Inception BWAAHM :)

Im one of the most anti CGI person ever (I watched hugo the other day and I stoped it after 23 seconds. No joke)., and I have to say that CGI here looks great.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 15, 2012, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 15, 2012, 05:15:37 AM
Well, they worked the gruesome life-cycle of an insect into Alien, I'm sure they could do if for Prometheus without needless exposition.

But they did that with literal monsters. The sequence of facehugger to chestbuster to adult alien didn't need any kind of explanation and didn't rely on the audiences understanding of creepy insect behavior.

-Chris

I seriously doubt that the engineer is a mutated member of the Prometheus crew for the simple reason that there appears to be 4 large cryochambers in the Jockey Chair room (ie the egyptian sarcophagus looking things).

And in the scene in the trailer where we saw the enigneer on the right of the screen, the cryochamber on the left is definitely open. Surely this is the one that he just came out of?

Also, someone here spotted a 'blue suited body' lying just behind the said cryochamber. Perhaps someone from the prometheus crew triggered it open accidentally, then the engineer arose with a bad hangover and knocked him/her unconscious?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed