Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 186,646 times)

Xeno from Chino

So now we can see a chestburster coming out of Mickey. 3 red targets pointed at Donald's head from a distance. And a runner alien spawning from Pluto. I can't wait for this. haha.

Ultramorph

This is motivated solely by Marvel IP and Avatar. Hopefully AVP doesn't get lost in the mix.

Russ

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool. As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

https://marvelstudiosnews.com/2017/12/14/disney-ceo-leaves-door-open-r-rated-marvel-movie-brand-including-deadpool/

Maron

Time to celebrate.

FOX is gone. They are finally gone.

Alien Resurrection
AVP
AVP Requiem
Prometheus
Covenant
::) ::) ::)
I'm so fed up with this company. Good riddance!
Finally this franchise is out of their reach. Now let professionals do the work. ::)

No matter what comes next, it doesn''t matter if it's the end. FOX IS GONE!

Batalien

I would have hoped that Ridley would have got to finish his story with Awakening. Let's face it, Alien and Predator were never some big blockbuster movies. With Deadpool earned $783 million and Logan over $600 million not to mention they have big following that it would be a colossal mistake to make them PG, Alien & Predator never had anything like that. All I hope Disney just never makes a Alien Vs Predator reboot cinematic universe.

Anthony

Anthony

If Bob Iger is interested in Deadpool and keeping it R rated, I can still see future Alien and Predator films being R, and wouldn't expect news of Predator reshoots and editing to make it PG-13. Of course, their budgets might be changing.

dallevalle

this is awful news they already screwed up star wars damn....

MovieFan

I can see Ridley Scott coercing Disney to continue his plan for one final DAVID movie because he's got a lot of power on the many Scott Free titles in production.   
AND James Cameron who has a great deal of power at Disney now with his four AVATAR movies in production will surely have a say in the matter and Cameron is nothing if not loyal to his friend & mentor. 

BUT after the final DAVID movie I can totally see Alien (and Predator) never returning to theaters again and  becoming some sort of Anthology Series on the new Disney Streaming Service they plan to launch in 2019 to directly compete with Netflix. 

The Alien series even at it's best couldn't compete financially with the money animation & comic book movies bring in.   Why spend the money on theatrical releases where you have to split money with theaters, etc and only recoup a fraction of what they'd make on Marvel Movie #75 when they could release it on their own over-the-top streaming service where they don't have to share the profits with anyone.   

newagescamartist

Incoming pg-13 nostalgia reboots with no originality.

RidgeTop

Still has yet to be seen how US and UK regulatory agencies will handle such a massive merger. In the US they blocked the AT&T and Time Warner one.

0321recon

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 14, 2017, 05:47:58 PM
Still has yet to be seen how US and UK regulatory agencies will handle such a massive merger. In the US they blocked the AT&T and Time Warner one.

I hope the government does something good for once and blocks this.

JungleHunter87

Quote from: RidgeTop on Dec 14, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Indeed. However, it would do well too keep in mind, Rupert Murdoch is a close friend and ally of Trump and his administration. All with whom the power lies in the US, to stop the merger.

Arisgate

Yeah, it's just a buisness... the thing is that Disney got the money. So may be they will put what it takes to get the fan back on the track  about our so loved licences turned to s*"*" .

I've seen the last jedi and it comfort me tn that Idea... no perfect but faaaaaaaaaar more going to somewhere better that the triolgy before. (I mean ep I II III0

Of course it's always to make more money but "hey! it has always been like this does it not?"

Whos_Nick

We don't need another Ridley prequel just reboot it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed