10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 37,645 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 27, 2017, 09:49:04 PM

So this is the aftermath of throat burster?

Spoiler
[close]

Looks like.

cliffhanger

not sure, i get the feeling that's the aftermath of a more adult nemorph on someone else, which was visible in the trailer.

btw, scene reminded me a bit of the moments when holloway was infected and then later fifield sits like a zombie and unleashes havoc on the crew.

SpeedyMaxx

They pulled the punch on Holloway - I was expecting him to turn into a psychotic mutant. And the Fifield sequence in the final film is too brief (they also should've gone with the CG version, IMO). This material is much more satisfying on that level.

Bonus Situation

Haven't read any spoilers in this thread (thanks btw for being considerate) but on the surface it sounds like a lot happens in this ten minutes so for that reason I'm out.

The amount of stuff I watched for Prometheus pretty much ruined the film (not that it needed much help IMO) as there wasn't that much I hadn't seen or couldn't put together in terms of the story.

After the latest Shaw / David sequence yesterday (from which I gather no one is sure how much if any of it will be in the film) and the rest of the trailers and prologues (which have exposed quite a lot) I'm stopping for the next two weeks.

Hopefully it makes the experience of the film better. Wish me luck!

echobbase79

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 09:56:18 PM
They pulled the punch on Holloway - I was expecting him to turn into a psychotic mutant. And the Fifield sequence in the final film is too brief (they also should've gone with the CG version, IMO). This material is much more satisfying on that level.

Yeah, I totally agree with you there. What was the reasoning for changing that anyway?

SpeedyMaxx

Yeah, I think it may have been a mistake for them to show so much. OTOH, I think there is a concerted effort by Fox and Scott to try and win back lapsed fans and releasing this material is a part of that.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 27, 2017, 09:57:31 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 27, 2017, 09:56:18 PM

Yeah, I totally agree with you there. What was the reasoning for changing that anyway?

IIRC Scott decided he was enamored of doing it practically with the actor - which I can understand - which he felt would be more real. It was technically, but I thought the original sequence looked fine and was far more strange.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I do really hope the VFX gets polished and it's not the latest build.

Spoiler
Mouahahaha it was so bad I was laughing.
Gore here, gore there, a bit more gore here...
No tension, barely any kind of suspense.
It's like a re-act of Fifield attack. Except they thought doubling it would make it better.
Also the there and back again and there and back again and there and back again totally made me laugh.
It's funny cos I think he tried to show people as realistically as possible in panic situation but for some reason, I can't feel the panic :D Same problem Prometheus had, poor edit kills the action on screen.
[close]

Infected

Anyone else got the "do the Mario" song vibe when you saw this?

Spoiler

[close]

reecebomb

The first part, dropship sequence is very reminiscent of Aliens or rather a mix of Alien and Aliens in a rather unspectacular way, with utterly forgettable modern style jokes that have no place in this series, unlike Aliens where the humor felt real. The cast is hit and miss. Overall that scene at least looked good and is serviceable,  nothing to write home about.

The second part is a very much in essence a post 2000 b-grade sci-fi material. It's vicious and violent but nothing about it is shocking or scary nowadays. It's impossible look past the obvious cgi yet parts of it look really fkn good. It would be a lot more effective if they didn't show the creature that much and left out all the unconvincing bits. The cgi is completely overused, is this a cartoon or a videogame or what. Have some standards! I feel i have to tape it on to a very dirty vhs to hide the shitty effects. Don't kid yourseld by thinking that the cgi will improve.

They should wear their freakin helmets, the crew is no wiser than the incompetent idiots from Promethus.

I'll watch it to see how David is handled, but from now it's pretty safe to say that this film will not touch the original trilogy.

Ingwar

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 27, 2017, 10:00:05 PM

Spoiler
It's like a re-act of Fifield attack. Except they thought doubling it would make it better.
Also the there and back again and there and back again and there and back again totally made me laugh.
It's funny cos I think he tried to show people as realistically as possible in panic situation but for some reason, I can't feel the panic :D Same problem Prometheus had, poor edit kills the action on screen.
[close]

What did you expect seeing Alien coming through the spine and throat? No blood? It has to be bloodshed.
No tension? Barely any kind of suspence? No panic? We might have seen different video clip :)
Poor edit? Are you for real? :) This is one of the best editing I have ever seen in action sequence. It's mindlowing!

reecebomb

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2017, 10:11:12 PM

Spoiler
[close]

What did you expect seeing Alien coming through the spine and throat? No blood? It has to be bloodshed.
No tension? Barely any kind of suspence? No panic? We might have seen different video clip :)
Poor edit? Are you for real? :) This is one of the best editing I have ever seen in action sequence. It's mindlowing!

The utterly fake color grading and overused cgi makes it about as scary as watching Milla Jovovich kick a dog in a Resident Evil.

juxtapose

. .you really hate everything about this movie. .nothing is sacred either. .it's always negative with you. .no mattet how this movie turns out. .nothings gonna please you. .not an attack but then why come here if all u do is have a negative opinion about every aspect and detail?. . .can't u just apreciate that we getting another alien movie. .did u actually apreciate any alien movie so far?

Infected

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 27, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
The first part, dropship sequence is very reminiscent of Aliens or rather a mix of Alien and Aliens in a rather unspectacular way, with utterly forgettable modern style jokes that have no place in this series, unlike Aliens where the humor felt real. The cast is hit and miss. Overall that scene at least looked good and is serviceable,  nothing to write home about.

The second part is a very much in essence a post 2000 b-grade sci-fi material. It's vicious and violent but nothing about it is shocking or scary nowadays. It's impossible look past the obvious cgi yet parts of it look really fkn good. It would be a lot more effective if they didn't show the creature that much and left out all the unconvincing bits. The cgi is completely overused, is this a cartoon or a videogame or what. Have some standards! I feel i have to tape it on to a very dirty vhs to hide the shitty effects. Don't kid yourseld by thinking that the cgi will improve.

They should wear their freakin helmets, the crew is no wiser than the incompetent idiots from Promethus.

I'll watch it to see how David is handled, but from now it's pretty safe to say that this film will not touch the original trilogy.
It could be your lack of imagination?

Ever been to another country like Thailand or Mexico, and got food poisoning or you got really sick all of a sudden due to bad hyghiene there, well imagine that, but ten or fifty times worse and you are as a young man running back to your ship because you really dont wanna die, and heavily breathing, feeling like you got a 100 degrees fever, i already felt that part when i saw him stumbling towars the dropship.
After that you see the neo climbing onto the woman on the ground, my mother has a jack russel, same size as the neomorph when born, a jack russel when in hype mode, all of his muscles tighten up and he just feels like a stone ball and is strong as hell and is gonna get what he wants, now imagine a alien small neomorph with the power of maybe 20 jack russell terriers? and being slippery as hell, feeling like a wet slippery newborn baby with spikes and claws, and going for your throat and you cant do much about it, cut it open and what happens? acid bloods pours over your chest?? i dont know but i instantly felt pretty sorry for those two people.

salomonj

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 27, 2017, 10:11:12 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Have to agree. This is one of the best action sequences of all time. I just saw this filmed clip and its great but way scarier on the big screen

reecebomb

Quote from: Infected on Apr 27, 2017, 10:15:29 PM
Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 27, 2017, 10:08:40 PM

It could be your lack of imagination?

Ever been to another country like Thailand or Mexico, and got food poisoning or you got really sick all of a sudden due to bad hyghiene there, well imagine that, but ten or fifty times worse and you are as a young man running back to your ship because you really dont wanna die, and heavily breathing, feeling like you got a 100 degrees fever, i already felt that part when i saw him stumbling towars the dropship.
After that you see the neo climbing onto the woman on the ground, my mother has a jack russel, same size as the neomorph when born, a jack russel when in hype mode, all of his muscles tighten up and he just feels like a stone ball and is strong as hell and is gonna get what he wants, now imagine a alien small neomorph with the power of maybe 20 jack russell terriers? and being slippery as hell, feeling like a wet slippery newborn baby with spikes and claws, and going for your throat and you cant do much about it, cut it open and what happens? acid bloods pours over your chest?? i dont know but i instantly felt pretty sorry for those two people.

I've been to Thailand, never had any food poisoning there or anywhere. Can't see how this is related to this though. Are you comparing eating in Thailand and having the shits from up and below with being on a unknown planet with no cautionary procedures.

I believe that well shot jack russel attack will be far more scarier than this space fantasy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed