10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 37,389 times)

St_Eddie

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on May 01, 2017, 10:16:11 AM
Scified has leaked the actual Backburster images, and throatburster one too.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive-alien-covenant-neomorph-bursting-scene-images-leaked-major-spoilers

**Let's not post these here to avoid any legal issues.** ;)

Um... they're just screengrabs from the leaked footage (there's even that same man's head blocking the lower section of the screen).  Why is that site treating it as some kind of exclusive?!  Stoopid...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 01, 2017, 12:03:30 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on May 01, 2017, 10:16:11 AM
Scified has leaked the actual Backburster images, and throatburster one too.

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/exclusive-alien-covenant-neomorph-bursting-scene-images-leaked-major-spoilers

**Let's not post these here to avoid any legal issues.** ;)

Um... they're just screengrabs from the leaked footage (there's even that same man's head blocking the lower section of the screen).  Why is that site treating it as some kind of exclusive?!  Stoopid...

Exactly. They're not an exclusive. That footage is all over the internet. They're just playing their usual games in an effort to grab attention again. I really hate that website.

P.S #FloatingHeadConfirmedForAlienCovenant

Quote from: M_Tak on Apr 30, 2017, 08:00:58 PM
Isn't the whole point that the WY company want the teams they send out to unknowingly obtain these alien life forms, no matter the consequence?

Not as far as Covenant is concerned though. This seems to be an entirely coincidental thing.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2017, 12:08:29 PM#FloatingHeadConfirmedForAlienCovenant

That very same man has attended every single cinema screening which I've ever been to.  Without fail, he'll always purposefully choose the seat in front of mine, even if the cinema is empty, except for the two of us.  Now he's taken to blocking my view during online videos!  It's a step too far and I'm going to report him to the police for stalking.

Don't even get me started on his twin Brother, whom insists on sitting directly behind me and kicking my seat for the duration of the film, whilst noisily grazing on a bag of Revels.  Bastards, the pair of them.

The_Foxcatcher

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: iain on Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM
*link removed. Please don't share links to this pirated footage in the public boards. Hicks.*

This is Piracy!

Master Corporal Hicks, this is not good for your web site's reputation.

Anyway, saw it (as I thought it was some official promotional release footage).

The landing and entry scene was not as good and/or gorgeous as in Alien and Prometheus. But the whole sequence was good; a much professional approach from the crews was documented.

The Backburster scene was cool and gruesome. Finally, something different. The pacing was perfect. The performances were good. Overall good built-up of suspense and tension.

The Backburster neomorph was truly vicious. I couldn't see the throat burster scene as the clip was too dark.

Not happy to see the crews walking without helmets. Not happy to see the short-cut 'Spore planting neomorph'  concept. Anyway, it sure looks like a hardcore horror slasher film.

Will wait for the grand concepts of Prometheus to evolve in future sequels if this doesn't deliver.

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 01, 2017, 01:09:29 PM
*link removed. Please don't share links to this pirated footage in the public boards. Hicks.*

This is Piracy!

The landing and entry scene was not as good and/or gorgeous as in Alien and Prometheus. But the whole sequence was good; a much professional approach from the crews was documented.

The Backburster scene was cool and gruesome. Finally, something different. The pacing was perfect. The performances were good. Overall good built-up of suspense and tension.

The Backburster neomorph was truly vicious. I couldn't see the throat burster scene as the clip was too dark.

Not happy to see the crews walking without helmets. Not happy to see the short-cut 'Spore planting neomorph'  concept. Anyway, it sure looks like a hardcore horror slasher film.

Will wait for the grand concepts of Prometheus to evolve in future sequels if this doesn't deliver.

Agreed completely. When you can actually see the throat burster, it is actually quite gruesome.

Hopefully the spore planting neomorph concept gets some kind of explanation. The life cycle of neomorphs seems far more efficient if your objective is to kill off people asap. I am really excited to see the adult neomorph. My only concern is the CGI with the mouth from that one short promotional video but I'm confident they can make it all look right.

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 29, 2017, 09:33:20 AM
I like how you're all arguing that "slipping on the blood was NOT dumb"
(it was kinda like bad slapstick comedy, getting a giggle out of the crowd
in a moment that's supposed to be OMGSCARY!).

but nobody's really arguing against the young neomorphs looking goofy.
;D

It was like watching a young woman wrestling with a cat.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-8QLcwGQ3Pzo/UV3hioi9gyI/AAAAAAAAUhw/R60no0aWIPk/blad%252520cute%252520cat_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
how would you have put the scene together to make it better?...from your shallow standpoint of course...lets hear it

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This is Piracy!

To be honest, I thought I had actually removed the link when I first saw the thread. The footage is pretty much everywhere now, unfortunately. That said, I would ask that people don't share links to this footage on the public forum.

The_Foxcatcher

The_Foxcatcher

Quote from: cucuchu on May 01, 2017, 01:19:14 PM

This is Piracy!

Agreed completely. When you can actually see the throat burster, it is actually quite gruesome.

Hopefully the spore planting neomorph concept gets some kind of explanation. The life cycle of neomorphs seems far more efficient if your objective is to kill off people asap. I am really excited to see the adult neomorph. My only concern is the CGI with the mouth from that one short promotional video but I'm confident they can make it all look right.

Actually, it doesn't sound logical biologically. In what way does the spores plant a Neo-morph embryo inside the host? Does the Spore mutate any one of the human organ into a Neo-morph or does it contains a Neo-morph zygote/blast cyst? And then, only if the adult neomorph lay those pods which produces spores, the life cycle would be complete.

BTW, loved the way the neomorph headbanged the glass and broke the way out. I guess it must be the same one from the trailer which tries to break the window above McBride.

cucuchu

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 01, 2017, 02:03:22 PM

This is Piracy!

Actually, it doesn't sound logical biologically. In what way does the spores plant a Neo-morph embryo inside the host? Does the Spore mutate any one of the human organ into a Neo-morph or does it contains a Neo-morph zygote/blast cyst? And then, only if the adult neomorph lay those pods which produces spores, the life cycle would be complete.

BTW, loved the way the neomorph headbanged the glass and broke the way out. I guess it must be the same one from the trailer which tries to break the window above McBride.

I think that one is one of the Xeno's actually that is trying to get to McBride. But yeah, the aliens in this seem much more relentless than what we have seen before.

I suppose the neo-morph lifecycle is not logical based on what we know NOW but hopefully we learn more about it and the origin. I hope it is more than simply black goo getting on some flowers or plants and mutating them.

Darth Vile

Yeah - it will be interesting to see how they work the lifecycle of a neomorph. One would imagine that a creature that can find a host so incongruously, gestate/grow so quickly, and be so aggressive at birth, would have dominance over our beloved xeno. Perhaps for all these advantages, the neomorph is weaker, or only lives for a matter of hours etc?

cucuchu

Quote from: Sgt. Shanx on May 01, 2017, 01:27:12 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Apr 29, 2017, 09:33:20 AM
I like how you're all arguing that "slipping on the blood was NOT dumb"
(it was kinda like bad slapstick comedy, getting a giggle out of the crowd
in a moment that's supposed to be OMGSCARY!).

but nobody's really arguing against the young neomorphs looking goofy.
;D

It was like watching a young woman wrestling with a cat.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/-8QLcwGQ3Pzo/UV3hioi9gyI/AAAAAAAAUhw/R60no0aWIPk/blad%252520cute%252520cat_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800
how would you have put the scene together to make it better?...from your shallow standpoint of course...lets hear it

I actually quite liked the scene and have no real complaints at all. The only thing I might change is that she is laying on the ground holding the knife at it. If something that small, on the ground level, was a threat to me, I would probably stand up to give myself the height advantage and make it harder for it to get to my vitals/neck/head area and allow me to punt the damn thing every time it ran at me. Of course I would probably just end up dead within 30 seconds like her but that is the only thing that I might change.

Predaker

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on May 01, 2017, 02:03:22 PM

This is Piracy!

Not sure it's meant to have a complete life cycle where it can reproduce. Perhaps they are mutant aberrations from the black goo used to kill off life and then die off themselves, which maybe David changes/experiments with to create the Alien as we know it with a complete lifecycle. This way it continues on after he is gone without requiring the black goo anymore, which the engineers used to seed life and then eradicate it.

The_Foxcatcher

The_Foxcatcher

This is Piracy!

Ok Now.....Now I realised what was that thing that's making me less excited for the movie:-

Crews without helmets and setting of Earth like green planet. This is what's bugging my subconscious.

I feel the Lack of off-worldly adventure.

The primary Alien movies i.e. Alien (1979) & Prometheus had crews exploring a strange rocky planet with their helmets on! Their slow expedition is what which set the Alien Adventure & the sense of 'darkest corner in the universe'. It also makes the crews look like Astronauts and draws an outlook of hard sci-fi film. Scott also considered Prometheus crews helmets to be big oval ones so the actors' faces remain prominent.

Looking at Alien: Covenant, I can't feel the characters as astronauts. I feel them like mountaineers with hiker bags adventuring for fun (thanks to the bad costumes). I can't feel the extra-planetary adventure. I can't feel it as an 'Alien' film. I can feel it just like AVP1 set in New Zealand forests. Ofcourse, we shall be seeing Engineers' world, Juggernaut, David's experiments etc. But it still doesn't feel like Alien. 

Evanus

^ Yeah, I think that's been bugging me as well. It's interesting to see an Alien movie taking place on an earth-like planet, but at the same time it feels less like Alien.

cucuchu

Quote from: Evanus on May 02, 2017, 12:15:14 PM
^ Yeah, I think that's been bugging me as well. It's interesting to see an Alien movie taking place on an earth-like planet, but at the same time it feels less like Alien.

I do not mind it because of the idea being they are colonists settling a planet. That coupled with this being the Engineer home world (presumeably ). I am guessing this is at a point in the timeline when terraforming has not been perfected to the point it was on Aliens with the "shake and bake" colonies. Keep in mind that
Spoiler
it looks like the final act takes place on the covenant in space
[close]
, so it will not all be on that planet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed