brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,903 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Darkoo

Darkoo

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 24, 2011, 10:33:11 AM
I know we've all seen the scans, but has this official one from EW been posted?

Dat Fass! I love how "artificial" he looks. ;D

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I think the thing in the bottom right is clearly some sort of biomechanical creature, hopefully something jockey or jockey-related.  You can just tell the engineers are going to look incredible, probably something like this:

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

T Dog

T Dog

I wonder if ol Fassbender will be eyeing up Noomi during the film like he is in that wretched photoshop job.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

After looking at the new images I am wondering if Ridley Scott is a secret Ultraman fan. Seriously, the main uniforms look like the EYES uniform from Ultraman Cosmos with football shoulder pads painted black.

The Collector

The Collector

Don't you think the suites should have been less modern since this is taking place before Alien?

Vulhala

Vulhala

Kind of, but as was said earlier; horses for courses.

The Prometheus is a research ship. Nostromo was essentially a tug. You don't get given Navy Seal gear to go tourist diving in the Red Sea with mate  ;)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: The Collector on Nov 24, 2011, 06:55:01 PM
Don't you think the suites should have been less modern since this is taking place before Alien?

Yes.  Yes I do.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It has grown on me slightly.  All I would like it to be is more beaten up and rusty, but then again, how many times would scientists use these EVA suits anyway?  Not to mention, the ship is brand new, I would expect the equipment inside to be new as well.

Space Jockey King

Space Jockey King

Quote from: St_Eddie on Nov 24, 2011, 07:06:37 PM

Yes.  Yes I do.

Don't forget this is the year 2011 and by the time Prometheus hits it will be 2012, its not the year 1979.

Scott has all the latest tech and things to use for this film he can make it look as cool as he wants. and its much easier to make the suits than what he did in 79.

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Nov 24, 2011, 07:08:39 PM
It has grown on me slightly.  All I would like it to be is more beaten up and rusty, but then again, how many times would scientists use these EVA suits anyway?  Not to mention, the ship is brand new, I would expect the equipment inside to be new as well.

It could all be new.

If its got something to do with Weyland (which i think it does personally), then this film could show us the very first crew and spaceship for Weyland so everything could be brand new,

Never say no to Panda!

Well, Star Wars was '77,'80 and '83 and had muuuuch more futuristic stuff in it.
Of course, it was much more fantasy as well, Alien went down the more realistic route BUT the tech was there to create a much more futuristic look. Thank god he didn't do that  ;D

Cecil

Cecil

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 24, 2011, 10:33:11 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think that is a helmet nor an egg that they are looking in, but instead the bag the guy is holding in the far right of this picture.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Space Jockey King on Nov 25, 2011, 12:19:08 AM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Nov 24, 2011, 07:06:37 PM

Yes.  Yes I do.

Don't forget this is the year 2011 and by the time Prometheus hits it will be 2012, its not the year 1979.

Scott has all the latest tech and things to use for this film he can make it look as cool as he wants. and its much easier to make the suits than what he did in 79.

I'm aware of the year in which we live and the technology that's available.  However, I simply don't like the chosen aesthetic.  Regardless of the white/blue collar argument; I personally don't admire the direction they've take with the costume design.  It's entirely subjective and my individual opinion.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

There is so much comparison to A L I E N here it's pretty disappointing. Obviously we love ALIEN and we love Ridley Scott, but this film won't succeed if we don't let it. Letting it means letting the space suits look different, having each character be their own instead on insufferable comparisons to the characters from ALIEN. Letting Prometheus succeed means judging the film on the film itself and not quick shots or promotional photos.

icedog97

icedog97

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 25, 2011, 01:04:50 AM
There is so much comparison to A L I E N here it's pretty disappointing. Obviously we love ALIEN and we love Ridley Scott, but this film won't succeed if we don't let it. Letting it means letting the space suits look different, having each character be their own instead on insufferable comparisons to the characters from ALIEN. Letting Prometheus succeeds means judging the film on the film itself and not quick shots or promotional photos.

I'll second that...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed