New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 40,418 times)

Rankles75

I was talking about the first two. I don't even acknowledge the existence of the other Terminator films...

Born Of Cold Light

That armor looks rather ungainly and Halo-y.

Quarax

What happened to all of his older posts?

noname

Why korea? That is so out of the blue  :-\

DaddyYautja

So this is going to be Aliens Part 2 and he is going to put marines in Chappie armor.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 16, 2015, 08:45:47 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jul 16, 2015, 07:28:48 PM
I wonder who the guys are behind them. Definitely not human but very different to the other alien figure Ripley was standing next to in the other artwork.

They both look human to me. Same kind of stylisation as Ripley in the foreground.

I am not saying that it was Arcturians, but it was Arcturians  ;D

evolution_rex

I'm 100% those background individuals are humans, nothing more. They may be some sort of Space Korean soldiers, which is why one has a mechanical suit and the other are bald. As for why there is a South Korean flag, who knows. The Colonial Marines are American,but I always sort of hoped that each film would take place farther and farther into the future and that connections to Earth would be little to none, but I don't really mind South Korea playing a role. It may be Yutani, but Yutani was always intended to be Japanese, and I'm not aware if it's a Korean last name. But I guess the Yutani could be named after a Korean who is of Japanese ancestry or perhaps Yutani just becomes a Korean last name in the future.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 16, 2015, 10:02:11 PM
Hicks is also wearing a flight suit with a ship crew patch on his left shoulder. Perhaps they are both serving on a civilian vessel now?

I imagine they'll have gone rogue and are operating under the radar with whatever means they can.

Xenomorphine

If those are Arcturians, it very much would matter if "yours was a male"...

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure they're just meant to be human background characters. Not distinct enough to be intended to be anything else IMHO.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 17, 2015, 07:12:47 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 16, 2015, 10:02:11 PM
Hicks is also wearing a flight suit with a ship crew patch on his left shoulder. Perhaps they are both serving on a civilian vessel now?

I imagine they'll have gone rogue and are operating under the radar with whatever means they can.

I'm eager to find out how they get involved.  Hicks' connections to the military maybe?

Corporal Hicks

Quite probably. It's really easy to conceive that Hicks' would have those kind of connections. Probably people who left the military or people he had run ins with whilst in the service.

Kel G 426

That leaves me to wonder why he gets Ripley involved.  Is it simply because they shared the same ordeal?  Maybe he needs a flight officer he can trust.  Perhaps she's the one who gets him involved.

Can't wait to find out the status of their relationship.  Have they kept in touch?  Are they a couple?  Or is this the first time they've met in 30 years?

I want to see Hicks kick somebody's ass.  Overpower some guards, take their guns, shit like that.

Hehe, I was cautiously optimistic before, but now that Blomkamp has released another Rip n Hicks pic and said he's loving it, I really want to let my guard down and believe this is happening.   I just need cast confirmation.

Exciting!

Whiskeybrewer

I'm loving Blomkampfs concept art. shows how much he wants it to look fantastic, but i'm still reticent about the possibilities of retconning the series

Corporal Hicks

You know what - on first reaction I would expect it to be Ripley who gets it all kicked off but I'm not so sure any more. I either expect them both to go have gone off the grid or spent the last decades on some sort of crusade.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed