In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,100 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Nov 06, 2015, 06:05:48 AM
Canada is lucky to have elected what looks to be a progressive government.

Again, his priorities do not indicate that this is a good thing. I hate anything labeled "progressive" because in this day and age, that means censorship and wrong think.

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Nov 06, 2015, 06:05:48 AMA PM who, by traditional definition, a feminist is hardly a bad thing.I am not entirely informed on his party policies, but the more I hear the more I like. Eg the "Because it's 2015" response.

The traditional definition means absolutely nothing. His actions will determine what happens. I'm all for the 50/50 cabinet but I'm still suspicious that he did it for aesthetics rather than purely practical purposes. However, word is getting out that the appointed women are indeed qualified and know their job, so that's encouraging. Also, remember that he only has three more women in his cabinet than Harper did and of those women, only four are non-white. So, it's not like it's a monumental change. I'm waiting to see what it means in practical terms.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 06, 2015, 06:10:53 AM
Quote from: Wrecktangle on Nov 06, 2015, 06:05:48 AM
Canada is lucky to have elected what looks to be a progressive government.

Again, his priorities do not indicate that this is a good thing. I hate anything labeled "progressive" because in this day and age, that means censorship and wrong think.

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Nov 06, 2015, 06:05:48 AMA PM who, by traditional definition, a feminist is hardly a bad thing.I am not entirely informed on his party policies, but the more I hear the more I like. Eg the "Because it's 2015" response.

The traditional definition means absolutely nothing. His actions will determine what happens. I'm all for the 50/50 cabinet but I'm still suspicious that he did it for aesthetics rather than purely practical purposes. However, word is getting out that the appointed women are indeed qualified and know their job, so that's encouraging. Also, remember that he only has three more women in his cabinet than Harper did and of those women, only four are non-white. So, it's not like it's a monumental change. I'm waiting to see what it means in practical terms.

Oh boy, 'positive discrimination' in affect even in political cabinets??!!  -_-
Can't we just hire and use people who are right for the job, good at their job, and not just for their gender or race  ::)

This sounds so pathetic, yeah the Canadian PM is way more progressive because he has more women in his cabinet, that clearly proves it ::) But wait! of all those ladies, only four are non-white! oh the horror! non-diversity alert! code RED...CODE RED!!! Wait...is red a politically correct colour to use these days??!! we're not gonna offend anyone using red are we??!! Oh God!!

This really bugs me and I hate that its creeping into movies, having to force people into jobs, roles, positions just to meet a quota and look good on paper, whether they are actually any good doesn't seem to matter now.

Not having a go Doom, just the having a pop at the PC nonsense.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I hear you man, no worries. For the record though, there's no such thing as "positive discrimination", just like "reverse racism/sexism" don't exist. It's just discrimination, racism, and sexism. But like I said, I'm hearing through the grapevine that the appointees are indeed qualified and deserving so it may not be so downhill. I just pray that that silly GamerGate jab was nothing more than window dressing, at least for now.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 07, 2015, 03:46:23 AM
I hear you man, no worries. For the record though, there's no such thing as "positive discrimination", just like "reverse racism/sexism" don't exist. It's just discrimination, racism, and sexism. But like I said, I'm hearing through the grapevine that the appointees are indeed qualified and deserving so it may not be so downhill. I just pray that that silly GamerGate jab was nothing more than window dressing, at least for now.

No there is ;) in the UK the term positive discrimination has been used in the past, can't recall if it was officially used or not, but its definitely a thing here that has been published. It has been used when companies are told (by the government) to deliberately hire more people of ethnic backgrounds to boost diversity within the work place. Public sector jobs like the police, fire brigade, nursing, council workers etc...are the roles that normally get this.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's still discrimination, positive or negative. Labeling it as positive is just a way to make it sound like it's a good thing.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 07, 2015, 05:43:58 AM
It's still discrimination, positive or negative. Labeling it as positive is just a way to make it sound like it's a good thing.
You do know by that explanation; indifference is the only solution.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If by indifference you mean letting people choose what they want to do in life, then yeah.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Everything must be diverse now, no matter what, its just gotta be.

Look at our Royal family, they are all white, always have been, I'm amazed no one has actually popped up saying, the British Royal family needs to be more diverse to fit into modern day society, can we replace them, or a few of them.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 07, 2015, 04:51:35 PM

Look at our Royal family, they are all white, always have been, I'm amazed no one has actually popped up saying, the British Royal family needs to be more diverse to fit into modern day society, can we replace them, or a few of them.
f**k you think that's awesome, the royal family isn't even British. They're German.  :laugh:

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 07, 2015, 04:19:39 PM
If by indifference you mean letting people choose what they want to do in life, then yeah.
Yea but indifference also means not being able to care about things. Letting people choose what they want to do in life is freedom. Which is why both sides are wrong.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 07, 2015, 04:51:35 PM

They are foreign German,Russian,Spanish.They royal family can only marry protestants.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I know what they are ::) my satirical point was, they are, and always have been white, but that doesn't fly these days, everything has to be diversified or there is outrage. Outrage culture is the new trend.

SiL

SiL

Most people just point out they're long past irrelevant and the whole concept just needs to be dropped.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: SiL on Nov 08, 2015, 08:10:45 AM
Most people just point out they're long past irrelevant and the whole concept just needs to be dropped.
Its true whats the matter say in price harry marring a Catholic from a different race.

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 08, 2015, 05:13:29 AM
I know what they are ::) my satirical point was, they are, and always have been white, but that doesn't fly these days, everything has to be diversified or there is outrage. Outrage culture is the new trend.

What it, down the line, the heir to the throne married a non-white?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 10, 2015, 05:17:04 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 08, 2015, 05:13:29 AM

What it, down the line, the heir to the throne married a non-white?
Nope. The guys in line for the throne were such major-assholes they decided to go outside the country. The buggers they found were so not English that they took the castles name as their heir name. It's as hilarious as it sounds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed