In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,029 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The US can't stay neutral. Hell, technically the Korean "War" never ended but even calling it a war is misleading to a point. Also there's that pledge to South Korea to come to there defense in exchange for stability and to prevent any gross escalation in armament. Such as South Korea developing nuclear arms. It's similar to the pledge we have with Japanese and hell, Taiwan for that matter. We're in it up to our eyes lids and will help defend South Korea without question. Whether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

With South Korea, they have no choice to help but stuff like ISIS we are better off not fighting against. I think it was better when America would stay out of other countries problems. When the Ottoman Empire was doing horrible things to Armenia or when Germany attack Poland, the US never bother with it. Why risk so much money and other soldiers lives for a war or fighting other people's battles that may not solve anything. We should let other countries solve their own problems and make their own decisions.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 22, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
It's probably just domestic posturing. North Korea wouldn't survive very long against even the South, let alone the combined might of any US forces called in.

Even if a second war with North Korea happens, we don't know how long it will gone for. Given how much time America spend in the last war in Iraq, it could take a decade. It always impossible to tell how long a conflict would last.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 23, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
With South Korea, they have no choice to help but stuff like ISIS we are better off not fighting against. I think it was better when America would stay out of other countries problems. When the Ottoman Empire was doing horrible things to Armenia or when Germany attack Poland, the US never bother with it. Why risk so much money and other soldiers lives for a war or fighting other people's battles that may not solve anything.

The reason the US gets involved is because someone has to play world police, I know it sounds ridiculous but its an unfortunate reality, and if not the US then who? As far as letting Iraq and Syria handle ISIS on their own, it would be an absolute military clusterf**k. Neither of those two countries can properly fight a war, ISIS is practically on Baghdad's doorstep, and that's with Western planes providing support. Without that ISIS would probably controlling most of Iraq at this point.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 23, 2015, 08:04:33 PM
With South Korea, they have no choice to help but stuff like ISIS we are better off not fighting against. I think it was better when America would stay out of other countries problems. When the Ottoman Empire was doing horrible things to Armenia or when Germany attack Poland, the US never bother with it. Why risk so much money and other soldiers lives for a war or fighting other people's battles that may not solve anything.

The reason the US gets involved is because someone has to play world police, I know it sounds ridiculous but its an unfortunate reality, and if not the US then who? As far as letting Iraq and Syria handle ISIS on their own, it would be an absolute military clusterf**k. Neither of those two countries can properly fight a war, ISIS is practically on Baghdad's doorstep, and that's with Western planes providing support. Without that ISIS would probably controlling most of Iraq at this point.

I have to admit it would be pretty scary to have China as the world police. That's how it could end up before long, however.

Gate

Gate

The irony of a Communist World Police Power.

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Gate on Aug 23, 2015, 11:14:54 PM
The irony of a Communist World Police Power.

No it would be ironic if they were Nazis. :P
#Godwinned

Shinawi

Shinawi

Actually, South Korea paid close to 900 million dollars for the U.S. bases last year.

With South Korea, they have no choice to help but stuff like ISIS we are better off not fighting against. I think it was better when America would stay out of other countries problems. When the Ottoman Empire was doing horrible things to Armenia or when Germany attack Poland, the US never bother with it. Why risk so much money and other soldiers lives for a war or fighting other people's battles that may not solve anything. We should let other countries solve their own problems and make their own decisions.
After WWI (and before it), the US wanted to stay out, but couldn't because the war came to the country. Since then, the US became the world police. Even if we pull out, I think there'll come a time when we won't be able to avoid another attack because the balance of powers would eventually become unstable again.

Quote from: Gate on Aug 20, 2015, 01:29:39 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/20/us-northkorea-southkorea-artillery-idUSKCN0QP0RO20150820

QuoteSouth Korea fired tens of artillery rounds toward North Korea on Thursday after the North launched shells to protest South Korea's anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts along the border, as tension escalated on the peninsula.

North Korea did not return fire but later warned Seoul in a letter that it would take military action if the South did not stop the loudspeaker broadcasts within 48 hours, the South's defense ministry said.

In a separate letter, Pyongyang said it was willing to offer an opening to resolve the conflict even though it considers the broadcasts a declaration of war, South Korea's Unification Ministry said.

A South Korean military official said the broadcasts, which began on Aug. 10, would continue.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539644405494556317/47C2F86059C34ABA50098707C2A959F1E3327B08/
The loudspeaker broadcasts began in reaction to the North Korean soldiers who planted mines in the South Korean side of the border. Two South Korean soldiers got hurt badly from it.

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 22, 2015, 03:40:49 AM
And America thinks it has migrant issues. Europe reaches melting point with migrant crisis.
I think Europe and the new migrants will learn to coexist as Europeans. It could take a long time, maybe even generations.

There are many people who forget that there really isn't a majority in ethnicity in the US because they tend to think in terms of race. (I'm not saying that you think that way). When we consider ethnicity, the British descendants are actually the minority. In fact, they rank fourth after the German-Americans, the Irish-Americans, and the African-Americans. And neither of them make up the majority. These minorities were treated badly in the past, such as the African-Americans who were slaves. Irish immigrants were recruited to the Union army as soon as they arrived during the American Civil War. This resulted in the biggest riots in American history, an uprising to be exact, in New York City. The German-Americans were looked upon in suspicion during WWI. And they weren't the only immigrants who faced hardships in America. There were many times when tensions between different ethnicities became violent. And yet, their descendants are considered as Americans now.

It's a tragedy what happened to the Native Americans in the past. I don't think the same will happen in Europe because (a) the Europeans won't suffer a plague from the new migrants and (b) there'll be more than enough Europeans to not go the same fate as the Native Americans did.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 21, 2015, 08:26:10 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 21, 2015, 04:32:22 PM
I think the problem in the US with cops being so extreme in their ways is simply down to the fact America is full of guns, the police have to be this way half the time.

People say, oh the police force in the UK or Europe or where ever are so much better and they don't act like American police etc... Yeah but over here there are no guns! The police can be very confident in the fact that, in a worse case scenario, they might get punched in the face or maybe someone might have a knife, but no one has guns, you're not gonna get shot when you pull someone over in their car.

The other problem being I'm pretty sure many officers are now afraid to do their jobs properly because everyone is looking to cry racism or assault etc...People are using the current climate to their advantage and abusing the police.

I've seen these clips where American police have pulled someone over in their car and the guy pulls a gun, its terrifying! I think being a policeman/woman in America is more dangerous than being in a military conflict with the US army.
Yea those points you bring up are likely very real. Also America is a big place and full of back water and ghetto culture. More so all of this violence has little to do with race and more to do education or lack there of. Another thing, I think cops just forgot how to "dog fight" like the good old days.

Also RagingDragon; Novak 1334 is just dishing out what foxnews serves all damn day on their channel and about the corresponding examples you posted, well like Bill O'reilly always says "don't try to excuse bad behavior by pointing to the other bad behavior". Wait did you also point to where cops shooting people could be considered a good thing?  :laugh:

Ban all guns. rawr. No, no, I just kid. However just think of the day we finally get ray-guns. Ballistics is going to have their work cut out for them or worse.

On guns, I'd like to inject a small tidbit, for what it's worth. I went shooting in northeastern Ontario last month. Not hunting; just target shooting in a clearing which as evidenced by all the empty shells and casings, is a popular spot for gun enthusiasts. We fired off four different guns, one of which was a Swiss K31. After using one and seeing the kind of damage those rounds can do to jugs of water, it made me to shudder to think what they would do to a human being. It only made me respect the hardware even more and makes me not want to shoot anyone with it...or any gun for that matter.

P.S. I realize that last sentence makes it sound as if I was thinking of doing terrible beforehand but I didn't know how else to word it :P

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

So you went shooting and now you don't want to shoot guns anymore? That's weird, almost everyone I've taken shooting for their first time loved it, I even turned my one insanely liberal friend from wanting all guns banned to now being an RPAL owner with a fetish for classic German firearms, guy has 6 lugers.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

I just find it reprehensibly weird that people can walk the streets with semi automatic rifles/ shotguns and other nonsensical weaponry because of some open and carry law.  Don't get me wrong, I love the States, you gave us the NFL, Kevin Smith and Bill Hicks, but sometimes, I struggle to believe whether this is a real place or somewhere you can only access through either a magical train station and or wardrobe

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 24, 2015, 02:22:10 PM
P.S. I realize that last sentence makes it sound as if I was thinking of doing terrible beforehand but I didn't know how else to word it :P
Dude we know what you meant. :P I also like guns, shooting things is fun. Hell it is a sport that requires some kill skill unless you are shooting dumb animals or defenseless people. It's just the way I look at it, half the population shouldn't be allowed anywhere near firearms and about 90% of those are the guys with firearm boners.

edit: kill, skill... both sort of worked haha

Gate

Gate

https://news.vice.com/article/50-north-korean-submarines-have-reportedly-vanished-in-an-unprecedented-deployment?utm_source=vicenewsfb

QuoteMore than 50 North Korean submarines — about 70 percent of the country's known fleet — have reportedly left their bases and disappeared from South Korea's military radar, a development that comes as the two Koreas announced on Monday that they plan to lift the "semi-state of war" prompted by a land mine explosion that injured two South Korean soldiers on August 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkBMAHUkibY

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

...or they could have all been sunk.

Quotehave reportedly left their bases and disappeared from South Korea's military radar

Oh well that explains that.  :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 24, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
So you went shooting and now you don't want to shoot guns anymore? That's weird, almost everyone I've taken shooting for their first time loved it, I even turned my one insanely liberal friend from wanting all guns banned to now being an RPAL owner with a fetish for classic German firearms, guy has 6 lugers.

Oh no, I want to shoot again. I loved the experience. But I want to shoot inanimate objects. I can't ever imagine turning one on another human being. That's what I meant.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 25, 2015, 01:27:17 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 24, 2015, 07:53:52 PM

Oh no, I want to shoot again. I loved the experience. But I want to shoot inanimate objects. I can't ever imagine turning one on another human being. That's what I meant.
Oh okay, yeah it really is great. Word of advice, buy tannerite. Lot's of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed