In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,090 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 06, 2015, 12:45:12 PM
Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on May 05, 2015, 07:43:19 PM
I cannot recall ever even witnessing genuine racism in person, and I'm sick of hearing about it. I chalk it up as simply baggage from previous generations--thought pollution for those of us who won't have anything to do with it.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/flashback-morgan-freeman-ending-racism-stop-talking-about-it

Morgan Freeman said it a decade ago, but I'm pretty sure the majority of SJWs would accuse him of having internalised racism.
To ignore an issue is to suppress it. No, don't do that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What he means is, if you stop talking about it, no one will think about it. He's absolutely right. If you bring a child into this world, the only reason they grow up to see race in others is because people tell them so. Stop calling out races and no one will care about it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You can choose to ignore it all you want but that doesn't erase the fact that prejudices based on sex, race, belief and economics are alive and well. Morgan is right about one thing however, black history month is an insult. It's a round about way of segregating black history from American history. It was made with the best of intentions. However Morgan now has membership to the elite class... so perhaps he simply no longer relates to being black. All things appear white at the top. :P

And another thing, not talking about race isn't what causes racism, it's being educated to be a racist that does. If one side shuts up then the other side will proposer. So it is a good thing to talk about such things like race. Ignoring it is ignorance. Of course what Morgan was referring to was how the media turns it into a money making scheme which btw Morgan, you made your money and fame in.

Just look at the obvious, if you watch foxnews then you are a major racist whether you know it or not. If you watch CNN then you are clueless. If you are in the msnbc camp then you think it is racist if we don't all belong to one major race. Haha perhaps its simpler than that, one group wants borders, one doesn't and the other is on the fence. :P

Come to think of it... is msnbc even around anymore?

Sabby

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 06, 2015, 11:05:05 PM
You can choose to ignore it all you want but that doesn't erase the fact that prejudices based on sex, race, belief and economics are alive and well. Morgan is right about one thing however, black history month is an insult. It's a round about way of segregating black history from American history. It was made with the best of intentions. However Morgan now has membership to the elite class... so perhaps he simply no longer relates to being black. All things appear white at the top. :P

And another thing, not talking about race isn't what causes racism, it's being educated to be a racist that does. If one side shuts up then the other side will proposer. So it is a good thing to talk about such things like race. Ignoring it is ignorance. Of course what Morgan was referring to was how the media turns it into a money making scheme which btw Morgan, you made your money and fame in.

Just look at the obvious, if you watch foxnews then you are a major racist whether you know it or not. If you watch CNN then you are clueless. If you are in the msnbc camp then you think it is racist if we don't all belong to one major race. Haha perhaps its simpler than that, one group wants borders, one doesn't and the other is on the fence. :P

It's silly to point out people's skin colour. I realize a lot of us have a knack for saying things like, "The other day, I ran into this Asian/black/brown/what have you guy/woman..." but when we think of white people we simply say, "The other day I rant into this man/woman..." but it's a habit I'm trying to overcome. Race is irrelevant. That's why the prejudices exist. When you say economics, anyone of any race can be harmed by poor economic stability. While minorities are disproportionately affected, I don't believe it's solely because of their skin colour or ethnicity.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2015, 11:33:05 AM

It's silly to point out people's skin colour. I realize a lot of us have a knack for saying things like, "The other day, I ran into this Asian/black/brown/what have you guy/woman..." but when we think of white people we simply say, "The other day I rant into this man/woman..." but it's a habit I'm trying to overcome. Race is irrelevant. That's why the prejudices exist. When you say economics, anyone of any race can be harmed by poor economic stability. While minorities are disproportionately affected, I don't believe it's solely because of their skin colour or ethnicity.
Actually for me I use white guy the same as Black guy or Asian guy or Local guy, asshole. Although I usually just go "guy" at first until pressed for "detail". People just need to know that for some reason; which I agree is for more than informative purposes. As far as economics, that's pretty much what I meant.

I'll be honest I do actually play the guess what race the criminal is during the news. Shockingly better than I would hope.

edit: Now that I think about it I stopped colorful scripting of people after realizing that it set people off in long boring triads that I just didn't want to hear.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 07, 2015, 11:44:44 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2015, 11:33:05 AM

Actually for me I use white guy the same as Black guy or Asian guy or Local guy, asshole. Although I usually just go "guy" at first until pressed for "detail". People just need to know that for some reason; which I agree is for more than informative purposes.

What are you calling me an asshole for? Did I strike a nerve?

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 07, 2015, 11:44:44 AMAs far as economics, that's pretty much what I meant.

Oh come on, don't give me that Cultural Marxist nonsense. People are responsible for their individual choices.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 07, 2015, 01:02:16 PM
What are you calling me an asshole for? Did I strike a nerve?
lol that's not what I meant. White guy, black guy, brown guy, or asshole are all the same to me. Well actually asshole is non descriptive. However all I meant is that for me, white guy is white guy and not just guy. So when I say I saw some guy it will literally mean any race of guy.

As far as economics, I was agreeing with you. eg "pretty much what I meant" No idea where the Marxist is coming from or was that just because you thought I called you an asshole? I did forget the "or" though. oops :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ok, my bad then. Internet conversations can be misinterpreted oh so easily. It sounded like you were saying, the reason why minorities are badly affected by the economy is because of their race or ethnicity.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well it does happen, I remember how Bank of America refused to give loans to Filipinos and Hawaiians as plain policy back in the late 90's. However being screwed by predatory institutions has little to do with race in general.

However "people are responsible for their individual choices"? What if those choices are based on fraud? Cough, hedging derivatives for one? Which has little to nothing to do with race or wealth but clearly people got f**ked for not being highly informed in bullshit market math. I think that's unfair to anyone who puts their trust in the system we live and operate in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjpmT5noto

I guess embedding is broken. Yea I think "we should have the right to f**k up once in a while without it completely destroying our lives". :P

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/08/health/ebola-eye-american-doctor/index.html

Well damn, the whole ebola living in his eye months after he was deemed free of the virus is eerily coincidentally to the premise of Prometheus. :P

Hubbs

Hubbs

Looks like the threat of a Labour/SNP coalition made everyone vote for the Tories. No complaints because now the UK gets its EU referendum.

Unfortunately that panic voting for the Tories cost UKIP badly but they still managed the largest increase in votes of all the parties.

I don't understand Scotland, they voted to stay within the UK, after which SNP numbers increased for some reason, and now they are completely SNP controlled. So why didn't they vote to leave the UK when they had the chance??

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

A referendum which is going to be pointless. Looks like the majority of Britain stands for the dismantling of the NHS, zero hour contracts, food banks, welfare cuts across the board and David Cameron looking after his rich pals.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: hfeldhaus on May 08, 2015, 02:56:32 PM
A referendum which is going to be pointless. Looks like the majority of Britain stands for the dismantling of the NHS, zero hour contracts, food banks, welfare cuts across the board and David Cameron looking after his rich pals.

Why would it be pointless? If we leave the EU that alone would help the NHS, at the moment its gonna implode because they can't handle the sheer number of people. But we are here now because of the SNP, yet I still don't get how they did it.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Are you seriously blaming the NHS problems on migrants? Ever since it's creation the NHS has been a cash cow. People are not going to vote us out of the EU because they see more good comes from it.

The SNP did well because of Labour doing badly to put it simply. What the Scottish haven't realised is that although they did well in getting SNP a fair number of seats there's still a Tory government reigning over them. I'm still trying wrap my head around the number of people who voted Tory. Guess alot of people didn't want Scots in power.

Darkness

Darkness

Mixed feelings. I don't know how they managed it. I hate the Conservatives and everything they stand for. I voted UKIP yesterday, for immigration reasons. But I would have probably voted Labour had it not been for their insistence on staying in the EU. Not that voting really matters here since I live in a labour stronghold. On the plus side, at least we do finally get the EU referendum in two years time.

I do think the whole "first past the post" system needs to be changed. Almost 4 million people voted UKIP and they have only one seat to show for it?

I don't think Labour will ever regain those lost seats in Scotland either and I think independence is inevitable now. It will surely happen at some point which is extremely sad for the UK. We should be trying to work together - not tearing down a relationship that has taken centuries to build up. Very selfish if you ask me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed