In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,104 times)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I mean it is kinda f**king stupid that this many people lost their shit over a T-Shirt. Is it unprofessional? Sure. Does it make him a misogynist? f**k no. 

Vertigo

Vertigo

Lewis Hamilton. :')

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 23, 2014, 09:03:52 PM
Lewis Hamilton. :')

I never understood the thrill in watching race car driving. What excites you about it?

Vertigo

Vertigo

Mainly, it's been something I can watch with my dad (for whom F1 took on its significance back when the cars were incredibly dangerous, and the racing very close).
It does become a different beast when you have someone to support, though - you're willing them to manage an overtake, feeling the tension when they're trying to fend off a rival, facepalming when they crash or the car breaks down, cheering them on if they manage some ridiculous maneuvre or exceed your expectations.

If you don't have a driver or team you're invested in (or if they're having a very bad season), then yeah, it does get very dull. There's always the thrill of ridiculous speed, and appreciation of the extraordinary sophistication of the engineering, but that doesn't necessarily carry you through moment to moment. I often skip races, and only watch unedited broadcasts for the season openers and closers.

Anyway, some seasons are better than others, due to the constantly changing rules, and fortunes of the teams and drivers. This year there's been a lot of overtaking throughout the field, and a VERY close rivalry for the championship, with lots of drama between two former friends. The only thing that's been missing is multiple teams challenging for the #1 spot, but it's been gratifying watching Ferrari fall on its arse, ozzie Ricciardo smacking down four-time champ teammate Vettel, '90s hero team Williams pulling out of a decade-long slump, and Hamilton finally clinching a second championship that's been a long time coming.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Fair enough. I never found folks driving around a track particularly exciting, but like other sports, that's probably because I don't understand the level of skill required for it.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Might want to try watching Rush, if you haven't already. One of 2013's best films, and encapsulates a lot of the draw in an easily-digestible and entertaining format.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Darren Wilson found innocent here we go

SM

SM

Update stream

Looks like too many inconsistent or changed witness statements.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SM on Nov 25, 2014, 02:31:27 AM
Update stream

Looks like too many inconsistent or changed witness statements.

Yup.

Gate

Gate

BANE

BANE

HOW CLEVER OF ANONYMOUS

HAHAHAHA THANK YOU FOR THE JOKES

DING DONG!! WOOP WOOP YOUR ACNE CREAM AND FLESHLIGHTS ARE AT THE DOOR BOYS

f**k off

SM

SM

Now to break shops and steal things that belong to people who have nothing to do with any of this.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: BANE on Nov 25, 2014, 03:50:05 AM
HOW CLEVER OF ANONYMOUS

HAHAHAHA THANK YOU FOR THE JOKES

DING DONG!! WOOP WOOP YOUR ACNE CREAM AND FLESHLIGHTS ARE AT THE DOOR BOYS

f**k off
why u mad tho

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 25, 2014, 02:28:23 AM
Darren Wilson found innocent here we go

F*cking disgusted to say the least! So incredibly embarrassed to be an American... Sadly though I'm not surprised at all.

SM

SM

I only have a cursory knowledge of the details, but if you've got a number of conflicting witness statements and the medical examiner saying he wasn't shot in the back as was widely reported, what are they going to hit the copper with?  (I say this as someone appalled but unsurprised by the unending amount of gun violence in the US).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed