In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,202 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm not saying its the dog's fault.  I'm saying that there is no guarantee that a dog that has attacked once won't attack again, no matter how you train it.  Hence why they are put down. 

When humans encroach on an animals turf and the animal gets put down, that's bullshit.  Numerous cases of guard dogs being put down because they bit some vandal or burglar.  That is straight bullshit. 

However, a coydog comes into your yard and rips the testicles off of your horse, the I'm not going to blame, or even be surprised when the owner of the horse/cow/sheep/lamb/kid puts the dog down with his Winchester. 

My Uncle was just lucky my sister loves animals and refused to even consider putting the animal down.  Had the dog bit me there is great chance the dog would've died and my Uncle and I would've hurt each other. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Kimarhi, reading your last two sentences...what exactly happened?

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 15, 2014, 10:29:39 PM
My Uncle was just lucky my sister loves animals and refused to even consider putting the animal down.  Had the dog bit me there is great chance the dog would've died and my Uncle and I would've hurt each other. 
:laugh: Not too different are we, humans and dogs.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 15, 2014, 10:44:08 PM

Nothing.  I'm just trying to troll Vickers because he's all sensitive and shizz.

In reality the dog did bit my sister for no apparent reason, she was just petting it and the dog had been around us for years.  But my sister is the type to volunteer at animal shelters and has even contributed free graphic designs to the humane society.  So even though my Mom was ultra pissed nobody talked about putting the dog down.  My Uncle loved the dog and ended up giving it to somebody else since my sister was afraid to come around it.

Had the dog bit me..........I would've been merciful as well. 

If some dog was mauling me though, that'd be a different story. 

I really do see unchained dogs as vermin though.  Until you've had to sprint from yard to yard on your way home from school to avoid a pack of loose roaming dogs, you probably can't understand why somebody would want to put man's best friend down.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 15, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

Nothing.  I'm just trying to troll Vickers because he's all sensitive and shizz.

Too bad I didn't bite that troll bait. :P

I really do see unchained dogs as vermin though.  Until you've had to sprint from yard to yard on your way home from school to avoid a pack of loose roaming dogs, you probably can't understand why somebody would want to put man's best friend down.

Dogs shouldn't be chained up, period.

It's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs in their property at all times. When they're on the loose and terrified, that's the owner's fault. Not the dog's fault.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I find that when dogs bite, unless it's rabid and/or vicious, they only bite initially but then start licking you. Either that's their way of playing or acknowledging that they made a mistake.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 16, 2014, 12:03:19 AM
I find that when dogs bite, unless it's rabid and/or vicious, they only bite initially but then start licking you. Either that's their way of playing or acknowledging that they made a mistake.

We're talking about actual attacks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes I know. I just wanted to add that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Vickers on May 16, 2014, 12:01:08 AM

It's the owner's responsibility to keep their dogs in their property at all times. When they're on the loose and terrified, that's the owner's fault. Not the dog's fault.

Your assuming that loose dogs are terrified.  When a dog runs up to you to bite the shit out of you it isn't terrified.  Terrified animals don't attack unless they are cornered. 

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 16, 2014, 12:10:27 AM

Your assuming that loose dogs are terrified.  When a dog runs up to you to bite the shit out of you it isn't terrified.  Terrified animals don't attack unless they are cornered.

Regardless, let's say it was vicious, whose fault is that? It comes back to the owner. The owner is at fault too for not keeping their dog in their property.

No dog is inherently evil.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I like your new Sig and avi Vickers.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 16, 2014, 12:15:30 AM
I like your new Sig and avi Vickers.

Thanks. :) Awesome film.

SM

SM

Quote from: Vickers on May 16, 2014, 12:14:37 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on May 16, 2014, 12:10:27 AM

Regardless, let's say it was vicious, whose fault is that? It comes back to the owner. The owner is at fault too for not keeping their dog in their property.

No dog is inherently evil.

All dogs, however, are potentially dangerous, no matter how well trained and well behaved.

Vickers

Vickers

Maybe we should start putting people down too then.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Well...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed