In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,406,131 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Shit guys, it's all about money. Put simply Russia has been robbing the former soviet territories into the ground. If the state of Ukraine were to join the EU, as roughly half of the populace does, Russia stands to lose not only a significant amount of capital but also several major naval ports. Actually, more than money, it is likely all about naval power. Which would tie in with their attitude about the recent conflicts in Syria and Georgia. The next big reason is that Russia does not want European powers to get right up side it's borders. Russia has essentially used Ukraine and all of it's border-states as meat shields from western aggression for nearly a century. There is also the fact that Ukraine might still have things, unknown to us, that Russia wants. From weapons to vodka.

Oh and yea, Putin is a Dick.

Rong

Rong

Some one get Frank Underwood on the phone plz.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Wood hehe, Penis hehe...

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Eva on Mar 03, 2014, 07:51:48 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 03, 2014, 07:39:07 PM
This is about power, Putin is power hungry. It is that simple.

Western leaders humiliated Putin by not showing up at the Winter Olympics. Now it's his turn to return the favor by demonstrating to the world how powerless they really are to act in unison when put to the test.

Politics is all about power, nothing else. Always have been.

I seriously doubt that a country will go to war over the Olympics.  That makes no sense to me.  Putin does not care about the USA, and Russian leaders are not going to exhaust funds and manpower in a pissing contest.   

However, I do agree that Western leaders disgraced Russia by not showing up.  Not only did it disgrace Russia, but every other country in attendance as well. 

Eva

Eva

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 03, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

Western leaders humiliated Putin by not showing up at the Winter Olympics. Now it's his turn to return the favor by demonstrating to the world how powerless they really are to act in unison when put to the test.

I seriously doubt that a country will go to war over the Olympics.  That makes no sense to me.  Putin does not care about the USA, and Russian leaders are not going to exhaust funds and manpower in a pissing contest.   

However, I do agree that Western leaders disgraced Russia by not showing up.  Not only did it disgrace Russia, but every other country in attendance as well.

It won't come to war against the Western powers, that's the whole point. Putin watched how these clowns were completely unable and unwilling to react with force on Assad gassing his own population in Syria. He's gambling that they'll be prepared to meet whatever political demands he will make over Ukraine at least halfway, just to avoid getting involved in armed conflict. And he's probably right - Syria proved his analysis right, if that is his agenda.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Eva on Mar 03, 2014, 08:07:54 PM
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Mar 03, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

It won't come to war against the Western powers, that's the whole point. Putin watched how these clowns were completely unable and unwilling to react with force on Assad gassing his own population in Syria. He's gambling that they'll be prepared to meet whatever political demands he will make over Ukraine at least halfway, just to avoid getting involved in armed conflict. And he's probably right - Syria proved his analysis right, if that is his agenda.

That I agree,  it's not like containment is a real threat at this point.   :-\

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Eva on Mar 03, 2014, 07:38:14 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 03, 2014, 07:32:59 PM
So inept they form the bulk of the world's power.

Power is worthless when not accompanied by the determination, will and skill to actually wield it when necessary.

I don't disagree but the rest of the world needs to make up its mind.  Do people actually WANT the US, the EU, Australia and Canada to be the worlds police or do they want us to shrink back to our borders and mind our own business.  Can't have it both ways.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 03, 2014, 07:52:38 PM
Shit guys, it's all about money. Put simply Russia has been robbing the former soviet territories into the ground. If the state of Ukraine were to join the EU, as roughly half of the populace does, Russia stands to lose not only a significant amount of capital but also several major naval ports. Actually, more than money, it is likely all about naval power. Which would tie in with their attitude about the recent conflicts in Syria and Georgia. The next big reason is that Russia does not want European powers to get right up side it's borders. Russia has essentially used Ukraine and all of it's border-states as meat shields from western aggression for nearly a century. There is also the fact that Ukraine might still have things, unknown to us, that Russia wants. From weapons to vodka.

Oh and yea, Putin is a Dick.

So should the US and NATO put boots on the ground in Crimea? I too agree the Soviets interest in the region is definitely naval power related.

BANE

BANE

Or maybe they are genuinely concerned about Russian supporting Ukrainians.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Some Ukrainian people are out there praising the Russians. Getting photos and shit.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

There is a significant Russian speaking population which is why the situation is delicate.

But probably for this reason the new leadership announced that though it would look to the European Union to join, it would still however keep ties with Russia.

That's not good enough for Russia apparently, when they started sending in the first troops after. Russia claims it's defending the rights and lives of Russian speaking citizens from ultranationalist. Only problem is there has been no reports of such a thing happening whatsoever, ergo, Russia is bullshitting.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I read something saying that the way to actually defeat Putin is by having Ukraine being an economic winner.

Putin was probably counting on the new leadership to be vengeful, incompetent and as corrupt as the previous leadership and counting on the people to rebel against Russians to give him more reason for full out war. Putin is gambling.

Problem for him is the that while much has gone wrong for Ukraine the new leadership is smart, going to the UN for help, and the people have remained lawful.

Taking the Crimea is an easier task because most of the population is Russian speaking. To attack the rest of Ukraine on the other hand would be a much greater task. It is believed if the Russians attack further through invasion than the Ukrainians will fight and at least make a good account of themselves just like Finland in the Winter War, and it would be under full spot light of the media and sanctions would get harder and harder on Russia's economy.

Putin knows this and he knows he isn't rich enough to keep on doubling his bets.

So how can the west help Ukraine? Nations like Canada are putting together financial aid packages for Ukraine who is struggling economically due to the Russian intervention.

BANE

BANE

Russia could steal all the aid packages.

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Let's give Russia aids

if u kno wat im sayin LOLOL

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed