Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 75,138 times)

Wweyland

I am actually missing the DH Press novels (except Original Sin) so these omnibuses are great for catching up.
I'm hearing the quality of these novels is not that great compared to the old and new stuff?

Xenomrph

I wouldn't say they're bad, they're just a little inconsistent. I liked No Exit a lot but the ending isn't great.

Local Trouble

Do you have any pics of your bookshelf?  I imagine it's quite extensive.  :)

426Buddy

Yrah ive never read any of the dh press novels unfortunatly. Gonna have to start tracking down the originals online eventually.

I wish i could get South china sea at a reasonable price.

SM

Quote from: Wweyland on Jul 01, 2018, 03:05:17 PM
I am actually missing the DH Press novels (except Original Sin) so these omnibuses are great for catching up.
I'm hearing the quality of these novels is not that great compared to the old and new stuff?

There's good bits here and there, but yeah, they're generally average.  I think the original plan was to have stories where the Aliens weren't the focus, and it didn't really come off.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jul 01, 2018, 08:40:28 AM
Been meaning to send SiL his copy of DNA War back too...
It took me how many years to send through those Alien Appendix discs ... ? I'm not expecting it back any time soon ;D

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 01, 2018, 07:48:23 PM
Do you have any pics of your bookshelf?  I imagine it's quite extensive.  :)
Bookshelves, plural. I've got multiple "libraries" around the house, sorted by media type. It's not all Aliens/Predator stuff, but it's still a lot of stuff. :P

There's a shelf for graphic novels, art books, and RPG books, there's a shelf for paperbacks (that's where most of the Aliens/Predator novels are), there's two shelves for hardbacks and paperbacks that spilled over from the first shelf, there's a shelf for DVDs/Blurays, there's a shelf for video games, and there's two shelves for "Weird War II" stuff.

I can take pictures of any/all of it if you want.

felix

I am a big collector of movie tie ins and novelizations myself. Have several boxes of them in my house.

A good novelization really adds to the enjoyment of the movie. Orson Scott Card's The Abyss novelization for example.

Huggs

Quote from: felix on Jul 02, 2018, 06:13:03 AM
A good novelization really adds to the enjoyment of the movie.

Indeed. Foster's Alien novelization is full of tense scenes that surpass and improve what's seen in the film. Two modern novelization that jump to mind are Skull Island and Alien Covenant. Enjoyed both of those much more than the movies. And I loved the Skull Island movie.

SM

The Abyss was a cracker.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 02, 2018, 06:19:03 AM

Indeed. Foster's Alien novelization is full of tense scenes that surpass and improve what's seen in the film. Two modern novelization that jump to mind are Skull Island and Alien Covenant. Enjoyed both of those much more than the movies. And I loved the Skull Island movie.
As a big fan of movie novelizations, I'll have to check out the one for Skull Island. I thought the movie was great, and if the novel is better then that sounds like something worth my time.

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2018, 06:23:26 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 02, 2018, 06:19:03 AM

As a big fan of movie novelizations, I'll have to check out the one for Skull Island. I thought the movie was great, and if the novel is better then that sounds like something worth my time.

Tim Lebbon really nailed it.

Xenomrph

I just bought a copy. Thanks for the recommendation!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 02, 2018, 06:29:43 AM
I just bought a copy. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem. It's nice to know I can accidentally help sell something, even when I'm not at work. Say, you're going to need good lighting to read that properly. When's the last time you changed your light bulbs? :D

felix

I really wish i had a copy of Alan Dean Foster's The Thing novelization. Can't find it anywhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed