NBA Finals TV Spot!

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 09, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

Author
NBA Finals TV Spot! (Read 44,975 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah personally I think the biggest sign they got dropped, is the fact they didn't appear in the APC and the fact the upgrade was revealed first , certainly a strange move, however if they are indeed still in there , maybe they are but they get used as cannon fodder , not the captured ? Also Hollywood I agree 100% , and this is coming from someone who was completely negative to begin with in the earlier days. Honestly I think this film could be incredible for fans and movie goers alike. All the right signs are there imo ;D

Xan21

Xan21

what are you dribbling on about... this looks nothing like the originals... it looks lile avpr with a slightly bigger budget

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Xan21 go and watch the originals then , not all of us want to watch the same film again and again. I said it has taken influence from all the predator films , and why wouldn't it ?

I'm glad they are finally giving us new stuff. And I bet if it was in the vein of the originals , you would also say it's too much like the originals.

Some people just cannot be pleased  >:(

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Xan21 on Jun 11, 2018, 01:22:20 AM
what are you dribbling on about... this looks nothing like the originals... it looks lile avpr with a slightly bigger budget

Why would it look like the original if it doesn't take place in a jungle...?

It can look like AVPR from the little footage we've seen and still have much stronger characters, better action, dialogue, story beats, flow, lighting, and turn out to be a much better film overall. Personally, I haven't seen anything worth getting worried about in these trailers. What were you hoping to see?

predator2rules

predator2rules

I AM SUPER EXCITED. THIS LOOKS FRIGGIN AWESOME.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 10, 2018, 11:49:19 PM
Yeah personally I think the biggest sign they got dropped, is the fact they didn't appear in the APC and the fact the upgrade was revealed first , certainly a strange move, however if they are indeed still in there , maybe they are but they get used as cannon fodder , not the captured ? Also Hollywood I agree 100% , and this is coming from someone who was completely negative to begin with in the earlier days.

They have a whole convoy in the script. We've seen the set photos. There's no way they cut out the ally Predators.

Honestly I think this film could be incredible for fans and movie goers alike. All the right signs are there imo ;D

Really? A masterpiece eh? What signs?

Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 11, 2018, 01:44:17 AM
It can look like AVPR from the little footage we've seen and still have much stronger characters, better action, dialogue, story beats, flow, lighting, and turn out to be a much better film overall. Personally, I haven't seen anything worth getting worried about in these trailers. What were you hoping to see?

Well considering we could never even see AVP:R in the first place...

Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 10, 2018, 11:40:55 PM
You think so? It seems like the classic predator will have more to do in the plot than just being slammed on a car.

In the sense that it makes the body count rise, yes.

Think about it, in what specific way were the "super" predators in RR's 'Predators' superior? They felt like every other predator except they looked a little different when the mask came off. Point being, there was never a time in the film where it felt like the protagonists were dealing with a creature that wasn't a predator. So in my opinion, a predator was the actual antagonist in the movie.[/quote[

That's not really the point though. Supers were implied to be better not only by RR and co, but also by the film itself "The bigger ones hunt he smaller ones" and the film goes out of it's way to have super beat the shit out of the Classic Predator. Filmed and framed to make it look like a curb stomping.

I didn't read the script but I doubt 5 seconds is all this classic will have in him. Shane Black knows what he has, he's not going to downplay the capabilities of a classic predator. We already know it slays its way through a convoy or two, so that'll be fun to watch and establish it as badass in its own right. Have faith, bud, it's not looking too bad right about now after that last TV spot if you ask me  ;D

As scripted
Spoiler
After captured catches up with the loonies and Holbrook, it is basically revealed that he is actually a "good" Preddo. Though, the script fingers him as a "good guy" in the first couple paragraphs, during his "escape" from the ark.

Moments after this reveal that Captured is in fact a "good" guy, he is taken out by Upgrade. They would have had to dramatically alter what's happening in the story at that point, and I don't just mean adding in a body slam into a car. That can easily be dropped into that sequence of events, I mean changing what's happening plot side. It's all a big escape, wherein Upgrade gives chase like a Terminator.

IE: There isn't really a spot for Captured to have a good fight with Upgrade. It's going to be a curb stomp, because the idea is once again to show just how dangerous this new version of Predator is.
[close]

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2018, 03:20:29 AM
Quote from: Hollywood on Jun 11, 2018, 01:44:17 AM

Well considering we could never even see AVP:R in the first place...

lol true true.

You think so? It seems like the classic predator will have more to do in the plot than just being slammed on a car.

QuoteIn the sense that it makes the body count rise, yes.

You mean by himself dying or by killing human characters? I admit I didn't read the script  :P

Think about it, in what specific way were the "super" predators in RR's 'Predators' superior? They felt like every other predator except they looked a little different when the mask came off. Point being, there was never a time in the film where it felt like the protagonists were dealing with a creature that wasn't a predator. So in my opinion, a predator was the actual antagonist in the movie.

QuoteThat's not really the point though. Supers were implied to be better not only by RR and co, but also by the film itself

I don't really care what the filmmaker might've  intended, only what they communicated through his movie. Noland, the guy with several cards missing from a full deck, didn't seem too reliable with his imaginary friend in regards to knowledge of the situation, if you ask me.
Quote"The bigger ones hunt he smaller ones"
How much bigger were they if at all? I couldn't tell a difference. Were the "super" preds 3 inches taller or something?

Quoteand the film goes out of it's way to have super beat the shit out of the Classic Predator. Filmed and framed to make it look like a curb stomping.

was it really a one-sided fight? And considering the classic was strung up for days?

I didn't read the script but I doubt 5 seconds is all this classic will have in him. Shane Black knows what he has, he's not going to downplay the capabilities of a classic predator. We already know it slays its way through a convoy or two, so that'll be fun to watch and establish it as badass in its own right. Have faith, bud, it's not looking too bad right about now after that last TV spot if you ask me  ;D
As scripted
Spoiler
After captured catches up with the loonies and Holbrook, it is basically revealed that he is actually a "good" Preddo. Though, the script fingers him as a "good guy" in the first couple paragraphs, during his "escape" from the ark.

Moments after this reveal that Captured is in fact a "good" guy, he is taken out by Upgrade. They would have had to dramatically alter what's happening in the story at that point, and I don't just mean adding in a body slam into a car. That can easily be dropped into that sequence of events, I mean changing what's happening plot side. It's all a big escape, wherein Upgrade gives chase like a Terminator.

IE: There isn't really a spot for Captured to have a good fight with Upgrade. It's going to be a curb stomp, because the idea is once again to show just how dangerous this new version of Predator is.
[close]

I trust you've made a good point here but I don't want to learn more spoilers than I've already unintentionally learned.

von

von

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2018, 03:20:29 AM
Yeah personally I think the biggest sign they got dropped, is the fact they didn't appear in the APC and the fact the upgrade was revealed first , certainly a strange move, however if they are indeed still in there , maybe they are but they get used as cannon fodder , not the captured ? Also Hollywood I agree 100% , and this is coming from someone who was completely negative to begin with in the earlier days.

They have a whole convoy in the script. We've seen the set photos. There's no way they cut out the ally Predators.

a predator can be seen on the APC alongside the humans in the teaser too

The Old One

The Old One

A masterpiece is rarely a film that pleases moviegoers and fanatics alike btw.

azamultic

azamultic

I highly doubt they are cutting Ally Predators out of the movie, I didn't read the script, but I think they going to show them soon in the trailers, or keeping them a surprise for simple movie goers, who don't know about all this leaked info.

Also I agree with Hollywood that Predators from RR didn't feel superior at all. They tried to make subtle changes and it didn't work for me personally, the super predators from RR "Predators" felt weak compare to first two predators from original movies.

Three predators couldn't handle a group of warriors from Earth, where the single Predators were slaughtering everybody. Yeh I get the point that all characters from "Predators" were bad ass like Dutch and Mike Harrigan, but it didn't feel like it. Also I don't like action scene in the end of "Predators". The fight was Meeeeh.

It's why I don't have problem with the Upgrade here, because Shane does action well, and also Upgrade really look different in the size department, where it's delivering idea much clear that this is Super Pred.

The Old One

The Old One

I wonder if the Predators in Nimrod Antal's film all looked like Berserker under the mask or perhaps they were regular Predators that teamed up with this, mutated runt called Berserker because they didn't want to follow the rules.

I'd say considering the Predators storyline is unlikely to return that, that was probably the case. Especially in the light of this new film that paints both Berserker and Upgrade very much as Rogues that have strayed off the path.

azamultic

azamultic

The Old One If I am correct I think they all were super preds, because their skin texture(not color, but texture, it felt more thick elephent like) were the same as Mr. Black one, and different from all other from original movies.

Huggs

Huggs

So I'm wondering if Dutch has a cameo in the re-worked 3rd act now. Maybe he'll be the custodian at the school, and all this predator infighting is crashing his retirement party.

What a movie that would be, like an R-rated home alone meets precinct 13. Arnold using his tools and climbing in the ceiling to fight the predators and save everybody. He could finish with a great one-liner like, "go flush yourself" or something about "detention".

In the alternate ending a predator would just fall through the roof onto his cake, and he'd run away screaming "not again!".

predator2rules

predator2rules

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 11, 2018, 04:45:02 AM
So I'm wondering if Dutch has a cameo in the re-worked 3rd act now. Maybe he'll be the custodian at the school, and all this predator infighting is crashing his retirement party.

What a movie that would be, like an R-rated home alone meets precinct 13. Arnold using his tools and climbing in the ceiling to fight the predators and save everybody. He could finish with a great one-liner like, "go flush yourself" or something about "detention".

In the alternate ending a predator would just fall through the roof onto his cake, and he'd run away screaming "not again!".

Maybe he will be Kindergarten cop. It's not a tumor.

azamultic

azamultic

I personally would be happy to see Danny Glover in the franchise again) "Too old for this SHIT" ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed