The Last of Us: Part II

Started by Darkness, Dec 04, 2016, 06:18:45 AM

Author
The Last of Us: Part II (Read 6,475 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Last of Us 2 was finally announced yesterday with an older Ellie as the lead character:

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Saw this yesterday, ever since I have an urgent need to buy a PS4  ;D

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm in the minority but I didn't think The Last of Us was that great. It wasn't bad, just not anywhere near worth the hype it got.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Yes...so excited about this!

Kimo

Kimo

Big fan of the first game so can't wait for this. Anyhow, people are speculating all over the internet that Joel maybe dead and Ellie is talking to him in some psychotic episode she is having in that trailer? Whatever the case may be, I reckon one of them will end up dead be it Joel after the first Act or Ellie at the end of the game. 

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 13, 2016, 03:33:31 PM
Big fan of the first game so can't wait for this. Anyhow, people are speculating all over the internet that Joel maybe dead and Ellie is talking to him in some psychotic episode she is having in that trailer? Whatever the case may be, I reckon one of them will end up dead be it Joel after the first Act or Ellie at the end of the game. 

Well damn, that didn't occur to me but it makes sense!

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: PredBabe on Dec 15, 2016, 03:06:20 AM

It does but why would Naughty Dog make it so obvious in this new Trailer? I think it's a deliberate Red Herring.. but I do believe that either Joel or Ellie will end up dead by the end of part 2. Anyhow doubt this game will see the light of day till at least 2019/2020. By then anything is possible on writing and changing story plot.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Kimo on Dec 15, 2016, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Dec 15, 2016, 03:06:20 AM

It does but why would Naughty Dog make it so obvious in this new Trailer? I think it's a deliberate Red Herring.. but I do believe that either Joel or Ellie will end up dead by the end of part 2. Anyhow doubt this game will see the light of day till at least 2019/2020. By then anything is possible on writing and changing story plot.

Very true, they have been known to make scenes specifically for their game trailers. Also, I'd be shocked if they didn't kill one of them off this time around.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Digging this thread back up as Naughty Dog and Neil Druckmann have been teasing about more information being released later today for a State of Play broadcast.The hype is hitting me all over again! Can usually count on Naughty Dog for some solid storytelling and fun gameplay.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2wgwz7geRj/?igshid=1fbk7z9um180p

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rXYONgJMn/?igshid=6l98jekeuvc3

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2o0p1sA6bO/?igshid=7z5gwgpti8y1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btmN-bWwv0A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkmWigbq9Y&t=215s

Just gonna include the gameplay trailer here for info sake.

Kimo

Kimo

Games looking good can't wait to play this. However I notice when Ellie falls through the ground in to the room below full of clickers (well trailer makes it look like that since you only hear them) she's wearing a breathing mask. In the first game she could breath the spores in because she can't get infected. Wonder if the virus has advanced, or if it's just the way the trailer has been cut and the mask is ment for something else?

I reckon the Asian looking bloke has a thing for that lass who Ellie gets off with. I reckon he's gunna be a bad guy working undercover for that cult that was gutting people in the last trailer that had that woman who looked like a even older Ellie or Ellie's mum? I think he either kidnaps that lass or kill her and Ellie gunna be pissed and hunt him down were she some how crosses paths with that cult. Great to see Joel back he looks like his age a decade since we last saw him. Ellie looks around 19 so this must take place around 5 years later?

Anyhow all thats just speculation but can't wait to play this game.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Joel!  :D

Yeah I think it's supposed to take place about 5 years after the first game. I think I also heard that it will jump back and forth in the timeline too which is why people are speculating the lady being hanged is possibly Ellie's mom. There was also a TLoU poster in Uncharted 4 that shows a pregnant woman, so they might go through quite a bit of her backstory too...? Perhaps her mom also crossed paths with this group that Ellie is now seeking vengeance against.

Also, if I were Ellie, I don't think I would share with everyone that I'm immune to the infected.

Kimo

Kimo

That's a good point Ellie not sharing that she is immune to other people that makes perfect sense.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Ugh, that Clicker noise brings back some bad memories...

razeak

razeak

I played through the first game this past January. I thought it was excellent. I'm pretty hyped.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Naughty dog has a tendancy in making the same type of game such as Uncharted. Great games the first go around, but to finish with all the trophies almost doesn't feel forth the effort. They should fix that. This time around the game should be twice or thrice as long as indicated by the devs. I also don't feel that they can accomplish that in an entertaining way unless we see more story, more of those clicker things or variation, maybe more mutations and some kind of hive mind thing. Otherwise, to tread the same adversaries and throw in humans is a bit of a meh.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed