What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,843 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So Friday I bunked off work early to go into town to meet the lady to do a little bit of shopping. Her car wouldn't start, and I left my wallet at work. She's had her car for about 5 days, it was a gift off her mother which was lovely. But it's been sat on the drive for half a year without being turned on. Turned out it was the starter motor, as it'd only start with a bump start. We managed to get it home. Then wake up the next morning to find out someone had hit her car in the night, dinting the wing enough that her car door can't be opened...  :'(

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Well that's awful. I'd swear you were describing a sitcom if I didn't know better.

TheSailingRabbit

I didn't sleep at all last night.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Really havent been in the right head space the past couple of days

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2019, 10:01:28 AM
So Friday I bunked off work early to go into town to meet the lady to do a little bit of shopping. Her car wouldn't start, and I left my wallet at work. She's had her car for about 5 days, it was a gift off her mother which was lovely. But it's been sat on the drive for half a year without being turned on. Turned out it was the starter motor, as it'd only start with a bump start. We managed to get it home. Then wake up the next morning to find out someone had hit her car in the night, dinting the wing enough that her car door can't be opened...  :'(

She's street racing while you sleep.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

A person I used to respect just said "your guys's" in a professional context.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 03, 2019, 08:50:48 PM

I never heard anything more wronger in my life.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 03, 2019, 08:50:48 PM

Maybe they meant the different masks one wears when different people, for all the world's stage and all that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But it's an affront to the Queen's English.

Huggs

Huggs

That's because it's Kings Speech.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Come to the south where we barely speak English. 

The Old One

The Old One

Come to County Cork where even I don't understand them.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 04, 2019, 02:46:47 AM

Ain't no shame in it. Ey got deirs, and we got ar'n.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 04, 2019, 02:46:47 AM

Spoiler

Huggs

Huggs

The great thing about the south is that we can kind of speak English (when we want to), but we also speak southern. So in certain situations, we can communicate with each other, but ya'll city folk won't know what the hell we're talkin' about.

If you're in a parking lot somewhere down here, and the guys by the Redbox machine stop talking about the electoral college and start sounding like Boomhauer, I suggest you hightail it on outta there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed