What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,623 times)

SM

SM

All I remember was that it was really big and had a ton of second hand records.

(We're talking over 30 years ago... )

Huggs

Huggs

You guys are making me think about the old music shops and arcades I used to go to. My God, even the payphones and the pool hall are gone. What the hell happened to this world?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Feb 06, 2019, 05:08:51 AM
All I remember was that it was really big and had a ton of second hand records.

(We're talking over 30 years ago... )

I vaguely remember one around there. I would've been a mid teen around that time.

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 06, 2019, 05:37:51 AM
You guys are making me think about the old music shops and arcades I used to go to. My God, even the payphones and the pool hall are gone. What the hell happened to this world?

So many cool things gone. I tell my 21 year old son all the time of pre-internet things and how I wish he experienced that. He thinks I'm a daft old git but yer I miss the fact movies were a genuine surprise at the cinemas ... trailers were a very rare experience. So much mystery and real exploration has disappeared now simply because Google, etc allows you have it on your phone in seconds.

OK old fart rant over ;-)

SM

SM

I miss second hand record and book shops too (there's still at least one really good second hand book shop in the Melbourne CBD).  Most of my vinyl collection was bought second hand.

But I do like the fact I can watch what I want when I went without ads though.

Portable devices make great babysitters.

So it's not all bad.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SM on Feb 06, 2019, 06:05:27 AM
I miss second hand record and book shops too (there's still at least one really good second hand book shop in the Melbourne CBD).  Most of my vinyl collection was bought second hand.

But I do like the fact I can watch what I want when I went without ads though.

Portable devices make great babysitters.

So it's not all bad.

I hear ya.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah luckily near me we have a couple of second hand vinyl stores, but its a shame alot of other places are vanishing. They are blaming it on the rise of online sales, but i only order online if i cant find the stuff i want in store

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Took the car in for MOT today. She failed and she's costing me more than I've ever spent on an MOT before.  :( All 4 tires need replacing and there's something up with the horn they need to check out.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2019, 03:58:55 PM
Took the car in for MOT today. She failed and she's costing me more than I've ever spent on an MOT before.  :( All 4 tires need replacing and there's something up with the horn they need to check out.

Have you been punching the horn out of anger at all of us? All it takes is a gentle press for it to work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No, I generally just bottle it all up and let it stew inside.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Still waiting for the explosion.

Huggs

Huggs

Equal to 40 megatons?

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 06, 2019, 03:58:55 PM

Excuse my ignorance (as an Aussie) but what's an MOT?

SM

SM

Sounds like a roadworthy.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Annual test of vehicle safety in UK.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 07, 2019, 06:20:57 AM
Equal to 40 megatons?

Slow leak building up to a massive eruption.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed