What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 594,625 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My home internet went down last night literally as we were scheduled for an interview. And I'm up to go to work on a weekend. Hopefully not take us long though - installing a load of new equipment.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2016, 06:40:13 AM
My home internet went down last night literally as we were scheduled for an interview. And I'm up to go to work on a weekend. Hopefully not take us long though - installing a load of new equipment.
Hate when that happens.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I tried to watch the movie The Host, otherwise known as Gwoemul back in Korea, on DVD.. but SOMEHOW.. the disc skips and it freezes while playing the film. Alright, I'm pretty pissed off because this was one of my favorite monster movies and now I'm gonna have to find a replacement.

The thing is... the disc hasn't been heavily damaged, hasn't been worn from playing so much as the disc was kept protected in it's case for years. So... how does a disc malfunction if it hasn't been exposed or worn from not having been played so much?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

For the third time in three months, I've had a stone with my windshield, and this time it's proper f*cked it, I've got a 15-inch crack in the glass. Not only has this completely messed up my weekend because it would be illegal to drive like that, I've had to shell out another £100 for the second new windscreen in as many months.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 06, 2016, 01:07:09 AM
I tried to watch the movie The Host, otherwise known as Gwoemul back in Korea, on DVD.. but SOMEHOW.. the disc skips and it freezes while playing the film. Alright, I'm pretty pissed off because this was one of my favorite monster movies and now I'm gonna have to find a replacement.

The thing is... the disc hasn't been heavily damaged, hasn't been worn from playing so much as the disc was kept protected in it's case for years. So... how does a disc malfunction if it hasn't been exposed or worn from not having been played so much?

What are you playing it on PS4? Have you tried it on another player?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 06, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
For the third time in three months, I've had a stone with my windshield, and this time it's proper f*cked it, I've got a 15-inch crack in the glass. Not only has this completely messed up my weekend because it would be illegal to drive like that, I've had to shell out another £100 for the second new windscreen in as many months.

That blows man! You have my sympathies. Lately, every time I've been on the M1 for a long trip lately I've had a chip. I've got a pretty decent on in the middle of the screen - nothing drastic but I think it's too big for the resin.

I have really got that Monday feeling today. I'm the only one in this morning, my brain really isn't working.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 06, 2016, 09:39:32 AM
What are you playing it on PS4? Have you tried it on another player?

I have played it on a standard DVD player, and it happens at a very specific scene in the film. So when it more or less... crashed on the DVD player, I tried playing it on the PS4, the same thing happens. It's not the PS4 or the DVD Player, it's the disc.

I checked to see if there were any scratches on the disc, there didn't appear to be any visible ones. I checked to see if there were finger prints, none, as I often handle my DVD discs with a lot of care and am careful enough not to get finger prints on them.

I've had this movie for several years.. And it's always played just fine up until now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

People who don't even look at the idiot proof instructions I send them.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2016, 09:52:25 AM
The problem with idiot proof anything is that there are a lot of idiots in the world

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Instructions:

1. Turn off computer.
2. Turn on computer.
3. Type in password given.
4. If unsuccessful, repeat process.
4a. If unsuccessful after 10 attempts, pick up computer modem and throw thru window.
5. Tell boss the modem needed to stretch it's wings.
6. If boss states modem has no wings and is an expensive piece of equipment, state that modem was filled with viruses that would have brought company down.
7. Search for new employment following termination.
:laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Well my Fridge Died last night. Gonna have to buy a new one with next day delivery.

I've only just got some money and now it all goes to shit lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jun 07, 2016, 05:15:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 07, 2016, 09:52:25 AM
The problem with idiot proof anything is that there are a lot of idiots in the world

It's not the instructions. It's just people not even attempting them even though they're so straightforward that my shit, recently turned sentient, will be able to follow them.

Just finished Personal Protection today. I hate doing it. All the fannying around, shouting. It's semi-roleplay and I hate that.  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Turns out i cant get next day delivery on my new fridge. I have to wait for the delivery guys to ring me to sort out when i can get it. They will ring me before Sunday. F**k Sake.

Does Hubbs work at Argos or something? lmao :laugh:

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Could barely sleep last night at all. Whenever I'm on the brink of dosing off, I get this really odd sensation of falling, a tightening (not pain) in my chest and heart area, fingers go numb, breathing gets shallow and hard, feels like I'm about to, well... And the worst part is I'm completely helpless. Even if I think I'm moving, or even shouting for help - I'm not, no matter how scared I get, almost as if I'm paralyzed or something. Last night alone it happened at least 3 or 4 times in a row... Woke up twice screaming for help. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not that nobody woke up.

Today I've been struggling with indigestion all day. My entire insides hurt, I feel especially uncomfortable with sharp pain in my heart area. I've tested my heart, like, a million times within the past year or so, and they found nothing. I'm a young healthy man in this sense - so I know for sure the pain is simply from the indigestion. Still, doesn't ease my mind. It keeps distracting me, and I have a big exam I need to prepare for tomorrow... It's already late afternoon/evening and I've done next to nothing, I have no idea how I'll manage to pull this off without taking a toll on my sleep schedule again...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Deadmeat on Jun 09, 2016, 03:47:44 PM
Could barely sleep last night at all. Whenever I'm on the brink of dosing off, I get this really odd sensation of falling, a tightening (not pain) in my chest and heart area, fingers go numb, breathing gets shallow and hard, feels like I'm about to, well... And the worst part is I'm completely helpless. Even if I think I'm moving, or even shouting for help - I'm not, no matter how scared I get, almost as if I'm paralyzed or something. Last night alone it happened at least 3 or 4 times in a row... Woke up twice screaming for help. I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not that nobody woke up.

Sounds like a severe case of Sleep Paralysis. I've had it a few times as well. It sucks.

Do you sleep on your back or front?

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 10, 2016, 11:11:43 AM
Quote from: Deadmeat on Jun 09, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Sounds like a severe case of Sleep Paralysis. I've had it a few times as well. It sucks.

Do you sleep on your back or front?

I highly doubt it'd be sleep paralysis, since I didn't have any nightmares or freaky hallucinations. All my sensations were purely physical in this sense. I read up a bit on it and it looks more like a nocturnal panic attack than anything else.

I almost always sleep on my stomach or in a fetal position. But even switching to sleeping on my back (which I did) didn't help at all, I still felt all these terrible sensations.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed