Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps

Started by Prince77, Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PM

Author
Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps (Read 4,351 times)

SiL

SiL

If you're a child:

This is a video game outline. Look up script treatments beat sheets to learn how movie ideas are planned out.

Most of the things you've thrown together have no relationship to each other and it just sounds like a random collection of things you like thrown into a blender. Think a bit more about how the elements fit together.

If you're an adult:

You need a new bit for your trolling, this one is stale.

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 10, 2023, 09:02:22 PM- Play the Contra games, or at least watch videos about them. The similarities to what you're putting out there are striking, and again, I'm not entirely convinced you aren't fully aware of them and just filing the serial numbers off then adding a distracting amount of other crossovers. But assuming you're acting in good faith, go check them out. It's helpful to know what's come before you, especially when it's so incredibly similar.

Now, I looked up what Contra is. It is basically a video game about 2 military commandos fighting aliens. The military commandos are like John Rambos. But how is Contra similar to Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps? The protagonists of Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps are not 2 Rambos but 7 military soldiers that aren't like shirtless sweatband-wearing Rambos.

Quote from: GetThat81 on Sep 10, 2023, 06:09:26 PMhttps://youtu.be/vWo7miKSpDg?si=euWpb8mU2drQwW4y

I wonder when you are going to respond to my question. Again, what does that video have to do with my post? How is that video relevant to my post?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 10, 2023, 09:02:22 PM- Play the Contra games, or at least watch videos about them. The similarities to what you're putting out there are striking, and again, I'm not entirely convinced you aren't fully aware of them and just filing the serial numbers off then adding a distracting amount of other crossovers. But assuming you're acting in good faith, go check them out. It's helpful to know what's come before you, especially when it's so incredibly similar.

Now, I looked up what Contra is. It is basically a video game about 2 military commandos fighting aliens. The military commandos are like John Rambos. But how is Contra similar to Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps? The protagonists of Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps are not 2 Rambos but 7 military soldiers that aren't like shirtless sweatband-wearing Rambos.

Quote from: GetThat81 on Sep 10, 2023, 06:09:26 PMhttps://youtu.be/vWo7miKSpDg?si=euWpb8mU2drQwW4y

I wonder when you are going to respond to my question. Again, what does that video have to do with my post? How is that video relevant to my post?

Nope, not buying it; this is definitely a troll 😂 #iggybin

[EDIT: and call me paranoid, but this account was created only 6 days prior to the 'Aliens analysis' thread being locked, during the time everyone was finally putting a certain someone on ignore - a certain someone who also types out a novel worth of paragraphs in his posts and then demands people explain themselves when they disagree].

GetThat81

GetThat81

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 10:25:52 PMI wonder when you are going to respond to my question. Again, what does that video have to do with my post? How is that video relevant to my post?

What do you think?

So is this like the sequel to Fury of the Soldiers 2?

What happened to John Rambo and John Matrix? Shouldn't they be the ones to take care of the Diabolomorphs and the Umbrella Corporation?

Are those 2 taking a vacation so the 7 Ghost Corps soldiers are doing their job?

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: GetThat81 on Sep 10, 2023, 11:45:35 PMWhat do you think?

Just answer me.

GetThat81

GetThat81

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PMArea 1 - London, United Kingdom(The Umbrella Corporation planned to take over Earth so the corporation sent its robots to invade and destroy the city of London. The robots destroyed the city so the Ghost Corps was deployed by the US government to save the city from the robots. The Ghost Corps will arrive at this city at night by riding a vehicle. Before the Ghost Corps soldiers get out of the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle, James Braddock, will use this vehicle to crash into multiple robots sent by the Umbrella Corporation. This action of James Braddock killed those robots. Then, the Ghost Corps soldiers will get out of the vehicle and begin fighting the Umbrella Corporation robots that destroyed the city.)

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PMBefore the Ghost Corps soldiers get out of the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle, James Braddock, will use this vehicle to crash into multiple robots sent by the Umbrella Corporation. This action of James Braddock killed those robots. Then, the Ghost Corps soldiers will get out of the vehicle and begin fighting the Umbrella Corporation robots that destroyed the city.)

https://youtu.be/vWo7miKSpDg?si=KSLlAtbc3Q81e6Ux

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: GetThat81 on Sep 10, 2023, 11:54:47 PM
Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PMArea 1 - London, United Kingdom(The Umbrella Corporation planned to take over Earth so the corporation sent its robots to invade and destroy the city of London. The robots destroyed the city so the Ghost Corps was deployed by the US government to save the city from the robots. The Ghost Corps will arrive at this city at night by riding a vehicle. Before the Ghost Corps soldiers get out of the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle, James Braddock, will use this vehicle to crash into multiple robots sent by the Umbrella Corporation. This action of James Braddock killed those robots. Then, the Ghost Corps soldiers will get out of the vehicle and begin fighting the Umbrella Corporation robots that destroyed the city.)

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PMBefore the Ghost Corps soldiers get out of the vehicle, the driver of the vehicle, James Braddock, will use this vehicle to crash into multiple robots sent by the Umbrella Corporation. This action of James Braddock killed those robots. Then, the Ghost Corps soldiers will get out of the vehicle and begin fighting the Umbrella Corporation robots that destroyed the city.)

Seriously, what do you mean?

GetThat81

GetThat81

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 11, 2023, 12:00:40 AM
Quote from: GetThat81 on Sep 10, 2023, 11:54:47 PM

Seriously, what do you mean?

Oh, you know what I mean. You know what I mean, OP. You know what I mean. Everyone knows what you mean.

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 10, 2023, 11:29:00 PM
Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 10:25:52 PM

Nope, not buying it; this is definitely a troll 😂 #iggybin

[EDIT: and call me paranoid, but this account was created only 6 days prior to the 'Aliens analysis' thread being locked, during the time everyone was finally putting a certain someone on ignore - a certain someone who also types out a novel worth of paragraphs in his posts and then demands people explain themselves when they disagree].

I am not trolling.

GetThat81

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PM7. William Adama

William Adama is the commander of the Ghost Corps. But before this, he had nothing to do with Ghost Corps or any of its current members. Before becoming a member of Ghost Corps, William Adama was once the commander of the space carrier battleship called Battlestar Galactica. Many members of Ghost Corps respect William as their commander due to his great skill as a tactician and strategist. He is also the most mature member of Ghost Corps.

https://youtu.be/b306GsKc0as?si=MbQh16zX6TH_lamO

Prince77

Prince77

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 10, 2023, 09:35:35 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 10, 2023, 09:02:22 PMf**k it.

First off, this should be in the Fan Fiction section, not the Alien Films section, and will likely get moved to the appropriate subforum by a Mod or Admin.

Second. You have not written an idea for a movie, you have written an idea for a videogame. It's even broken down into maps/arenas like a classic FPS or well, like the Contra games people keep linking you to in these threads, that you're basically beat-for beat recreating.
I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt in never having heard of Contra, but that seems unlikely given the extreme similarities.

I cannot stress enough though that this is the outline for an action game, not a film. Films don't work like this, and you need to study how they do work. Then, pick a small number of these locations, and expand them into living, breathing places that actual narrative can take place in. No, a firefight is not narrative on its own.

The name you've given this mess sounds like what someone with English as a second language* would call their terribly made, totally-not-call-of-duty asset flip game on the Steam store. If you're going to continue with this, then for god's sake, name it something better. Something that sounds more science fiction-y would be a start.

*If English is your second language, then you're doing very well with it on a technical level, the spelling and grammar is fine. It's the ideas that are bad.

Diabolomorphs: No. Stop it. If you want something like that, then look into writing Warhammer 40k fanfiction, because the Tyranids are just this idea but better and 35 years older.
Fundamentally changing what the Aliens from the Alien franchise are, and then getting into power-level wank with it, is incredibly cringe and childish. So just don't do it.

The soldiers: Good grief. While crossovers are almost universally terrible anyway when it's just two worlds colliding, you've thrown in the entire kitchen sink, then gone looking for more. Don't do this either. It sucks and nobody except you will ever like it.

It seems like Umbrella is the most important part of this crossover to you, so if you're going to push on with this and try to make something worthwhile, my genuine advice is as follows:

- Change the name of the idea to something that actually sounds like it's in a science fiction setting. Use less words in general, and avoid giving it a subtitle if possible. If you do give it a subtitle, make the main title Alien or Aliens. That's how you get people to care enough to even bother looking.

- Get rid of all the characters from other movies. Every single one of them. They add nothing, it's not as cool as you seem to think it is, by a long way, and if some movie executive (I can only assume while suffering a stroke) did pick up your idea, the licensing issues would torpedo the whole thing minutes later. Create your own characters. Homage to other films and media is great, but don't lift things or people wholesale. Especially not from a dozen other well known franchises at once.

- Get rid of the Diabolomorphs. If you're going to use Aliens, use Aliens. a small amount of Umbrella style Zs or mutants you can possibly get away with as an isolated event. Not an entire Bigger Batman species. Don't try to re-invent the wheel here.

- Get rid of Umbrella. An evil biotech company f**king around with the Aliens is cool, but we already have a lot of them. You can choose an existing one from the Alien setting, or create a new one similar to Umbrella, but ditch the overt lifting from Resident Evil. It's not helping you at all.

- Play the Contra games, or at least watch videos about them. The similarities to what you're putting out there are striking, and again, I'm not entirely convinced you aren't fully aware of them and just filing the serial numbers off then adding a distracting amount of other crossovers. But assuming you're acting in good faith, go check them out. It's helpful to know what's come before you, especially when it's so incredibly similar.

I know this has been very negative, but it's honestly for your own good. You may well be a capable writer one day, but you'll never get there without being told why the things you're doing now are bad. And they are bad.
You need to ruthlessly strip 95% of this out and start again with a few core concepts that mean something to you, and grow your setting from there. Then start populating it with original characters who have real motivations beyond "saving the universe".
Be more reserved with the Aliens, or create your own original species and don't try to tie it in with the Alien franchise. The Dark Horse Aliens comics Labyrinth, Genocide, Music of the Spears, and Rogue all have elements of what you seem to want and I suggest reading any of them that you haven't, to see where other people have taken similar basic concepts.

I don't think you should give up, but I do think you need to start again after learning more about how movies are structured, and get over the desire to make it a huge crossover.

Some solid advice here from cancerblack, I second everything being said here.

Only thing I'd add, is when downscaling, if you are absolutely insistent on a crossover (I wouldn't personally), then narrow it to only two franchises and consider how their existing lore can work together for your story in a way that makes sense. For example; as Cancerblack mentions, Umbrella in the Alien universe /timeline makes zero sense, with the multiple corporations which do exactly the same thing within the alien universe already available (also, if you know your Resident Evil lore, Umbrella Corporation no longer exists, it's now Blue Umbrella, which is a very different thing altogether). However, whilst Umbrella in Alien is a terrible idea, on the flip, elements of Alien *could* (at a stretch) be introduced to the Resident Evil universe; consider, most of Umbrella Corp's bio weapons / viruses are sourced from the progenitor virus (an ancient virus)- thinking along those lines, consider a modern-day setting in the Resident Evil universe where a sample of a 'proto-pathogen' was obtained (keep its origins ambiguous/ no mention of engineers, drop hints that it was discovered at an archeological site or whatever, and imagine the kinds of bio weapons that may result (taking aesthetic cues of neomorph physiology, hammerpedes, trilobites, deacons into consideration when creating your original pieces as a nod - and consider the kinds of existing bio weapons umbrella creates/their common attributes, such as Nemesis, Mr. X (that sort of thing) - but don't go crazy. You want your zombie-type enemy for that classic Resident Evil callback? No problem; the alien universe & non-canon expanded media has provided you possibilities; Covenant showed those infected with pathogen turning grey and sickly looking when infected, Prometheus showed mutation in humans, in the Aliens arcade game hosts would be mobile and zombie-like attacking the player prior to chestbursters being birthed, etc etc... take what's available/compatible and make your own composition. (Again, I'm not saying do these things, this is just purely example of brainstorming common themes which *may* work). Though I must stress- I don't think these franchises are a good match 🤣

But what do you think of the 7 protagonists of Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps?

GetThat81

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 10, 2023, 05:03:13 PMAfter the Ghost Corps killed the Diabolomorph Queen and accomplished their mission, a spaceship arrives and picks them up. The Ghost Corps soldiers were then sent back to Earth by the spaceship.

https://youtu.be/gHxwMlKZqfM?si=5E84UPwNoOcavAkE

Murphy's Boot

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Prince77 on Sep 11, 2023, 02:05:28 AMBut what do you think of the 7 protagonists of Fury of the Soldiers: Ghost Corps?

How did they all get into this setting you've cooked up? You haven't even bothered to explain how the crossover happens.

littlesprout

littlesprout

This thread has become more entertaining than the topic at hand, but in all seriousness I've tried to read this multiple times and can't get past the first few paragraphs, no offense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed