New Entertainment Weekly Stills

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 21, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

Author
New Entertainment Weekly Stills (Read 22,304 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: imbrie on Apr 21, 2017, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 21, 2017, 05:55:22 PM
Are the Engineers gathered for some sort of event in that domed structure or in response to the juggernaut showing up? It would be interesting if the former and David is making a statement ("I'm your God now"!).

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 21, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
As I said this place is some holy site on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.

For the 99th time: They are the Engineers and Ridley Scott is doing away with that storyline.

For the 99th time that's conjecture on your part.

How can it be conjecture when they look like ..... Engineers? Anyway, why would Ridley introduce a new race only for them to be bombed and wiped out by David?

EDIT: do you mean conjecture in regard to Ridley doing away with the Engineers from the storyline rather than the beings not being Engineers?

Right... this isn't some new or different group. David and Shaw went to the Engineer's homeworld at the end of Prometheus, lo and behold we have a bunch of bald pale men wearing the same kind of stuff in that deleted Prometheus scene. The production designer says they're engineers. BTS they're called deadgineers. Its like they need a sign posted that says, "Welcome to the engineer homeworld! We were in Prometheus, directed by Ridley Scott!"

Anyway, they had to go at some point because the engineers are gone by the time of ALIEN. It could have been a lot worse than this. Maybe it would have been better if they were long extinct by the time David arrives but I'll settle for this sweet bombing scene.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .i bet the engineers are all over the galaxy. .or galaxy's. .and they will live on way after alien resurrection. .i refuse to believe that they extinct and that one little bombing performed by david was the end of them all. .pretty sure we will get to see some more of them in future installments. .i mean the big ass muscular beauties with biomechanical suits and all. .

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 21, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
. .i bet the engineers are all over the galaxy. .or galaxy's. .and they will live on way after alien resurrection. .i refuse to believe that they extinct and that one little bombing performed by david was the end of them all. .pretty sure we will get to see some more if then in future installments. .i mean the big ass muscular beauties with biomechanical suits and all. .

I think david killed the 'heart' of the engineers right there.... the whole lot.

but i do believe there's bound to be 1 or 2 max 3? in cryo on another planet somewhere else perhaps?

Scott bringing these guys into the franchise is awesome.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 21, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
. .i bet the engineers are all over the galaxy. .

That was thousands of years ago. They are a civilization in decline/ruin.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. . Ir.s sad tho. .

Predaker

Predaker

Maybe the sequels to Covenant will have David traveling to the true engineer homeworld or some sort of dark and nightmarish place that could be straight out of Giger's Necronomicon.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Nope. This is it.

juxtapose

juxtapose

i always look at them and think. . What the f**k is he thinking. . . .long live the xeno's then!!. .lol. .aww but if they never really return them bald big ass dude's. .it definately will be sad. .even if they mean thugs. .i always look at that face and think. . Whats going on in that head. .what is god thinking. .lol. .they so super mysterious and wise. .they seem to have a wisdom of something so utterly profound. .well thats how i have always viewed them. .

David

David

No were does this show that David was the one who destroyed this race an engineer like creatures.  It looks more like he is a witness to this event not the destroyer.  I think there is much reading into this.

Could have been that David and Shaw was taken on board the larger ship and shown the power of the engineers power.  It could be that Shaw was taken by the engineer for the next movie and David was aboard on this dead world.

Just a thought. ???

Enoch

Enoch

Engineer overview... just for comparison.

http://docdro.id/5tWF6l7

echobbase79

Quote from: David on Apr 21, 2017, 07:35:15 PM
No were does this show that David was the one who destroyed this race an engineer like creatures.  It looks more like he is a witness to this event not the destroyer.  I think there is much reading into this.

Could have been that David and Shaw was taken on board the larger ship and shown the power of the engineers power.  It could be that Shaw was taken by the engineer for the next movie and David was aboard on this dead world.

Just a thought. ???

Spoiler
It's been reported that David unleashes the urns onto the city. I'm just curious if Shaw is involved too?
[close]

zoidy

zoidy

Ridley isn't restricting his or anybody elses future vision for this series, btw. Even if this planet is what we think, so what? This race have seeded the universe, deliberately. And we are worried by what appears to be the plot of this movie tying the hands of future movies? It's one planet, no matter if it's historically significant.

If Ridley decides he wants another planet to be full of engineers just down the road in the future, he will do just that. Similarly, any future directors could do it no problem at all.

whiterabbit

It could either be that prison planet idea or this world is just another weapons depot. Which is why and how David gets trapped on it.

Mihail

Mihail

David would be like ''Die ants, i am the new god now"

Infected

Infected

For the people who didnt get it yet, David is in the scorpion ship, this pic and the angle reveals it, the leg on the left, the opening...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed