Something is brewing on Instagram...

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 20, 2018, 06:48:28 PM

Author
Something is brewing on Instagram... (Read 69,712 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Cool :)

I work at an elderly nursing home.

Nukiemorph

They tagged Amanda Ripley and the story sounds like it would fit with what we know about Resistance.  I'm pretty sure this is just an announcement for Resistence.

bobby brown

Comic books aren't that wide in their commerce. This advertisement was costly to produce.

Side note, Have you guys noticed how few followers the official alien account have? I know alien isn't marvel or star wars but it kind of hurts when I see how few likes stuff like this gets.

SM

SM

Is Instagram the best medium for Alien?  Facebook has over 4m followers by contrast.

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 10:12:47 AM
Cool :)

I work at an elderly nursing home.

It's not my day job.  ;)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2018, 10:49:37 AM
Is Instagram the best medium for Alien?  Facebook has over 4m followers by contrast.

Ought to be good as any other platform? The local university here absolutely crushes them in numbers of followers and likes, and that's not even a particularly interesting university, or city, or even country.

The Kurgan

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 10:55:18 AM

Ought to be good as any other platform? The local university here absolutely crushes them in numbers of followers and likes, and that's not even a particularly interesting university, or city, or country.

They will get most of their students by default and most alumni will keep following after graduation.

SM

SM

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 10:55:18 AM

Ought to be good as any other platform? The local university here absolutely crushes them in numbers of followers and likes, and that's not even a particularly interesting university, or city, or even country.

Instagram has less than half the users of Facebook, and doesn't it cater to a younger crowd?

bobby brown

bobby brown

You can do better on Instagram than alien is doing currently. that is all I'm saying.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry but that just feels like whinging for the sake of whinging. It has no bearing on anything. Alien is on all the major social media platforms and has a massive spread across all of them. Everything can always get more but it's neither here nor there as those that don't pick it up on IG will pick it up on Facebook.

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 22, 2018, 10:30:10 AM
They tagged Amanda Ripley and the story sounds like it would fit with what we know about Resistance.  I'm pretty sure this is just an announcement for Resistence.

That seems to be the case! The story from the dossiers fits in with what we've seen of the synopsis' too. It's not the first time we've seen some form of advertisement for the comics either - Fire and Stone, Defiance, Dead Orbit all had some form of motion trailers.

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 22, 2018, 10:06:50 AM
SM, I am not expecting you to reveal your secrets, but how are you so well informed? :P You work in licensing or something?

I'll never get sick of using this in reference to people asking SM how he knows so much >>

"(S)he's supposed to be some kind of consultant. Apparently (s)he saw an alien once."

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 21, 2018, 11:13:13 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Dec 21, 2018, 11:10:28 PM
Yes I definitely think this will tie into Resistance. I don't find the Company to be "mustache twirly" because it's evident from as early as the Weyland Ted Talk that the company values scientific advancement over morals. It's an advanced age where new discoveries are in demand for potentially huge profits. Also androids can blend in any work force and perform tasks some may find unsavory haha.

Deliberately using innocent human civilians instead of lab animals doesn't quality as "mustache twirly?"

If you're going to want to use the creatures as a weapon, you need to field test them. I think it's a lil' on the daft side having everything branded with W-Y since it makes potential leaks in secrey a bit risky, but I don't think it's out there in the slightest that they would test the Aliens on larger scales. We got that in the old EU too.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 21, 2018, 10:50:04 PM
I think it's pretty cool the comics and novels are getting this sort of push.

The audio dramas got some cool trailers too! I like it. Alien may not be in the cinema but it's still so very alive and kicking. So many other releases!

irn

irn

They're all on the official Alien Universe site: https://www.alienuniverse.com/post/news-weyland-yutani-research-program

bobby brown

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2018, 11:43:46 AM
I'm sorry but that just feels like whinging for the sake of whinging. It has no bearing on anything. Alien is on all the major social media platforms and has a massive spread across all of them. Everything can always get more but it's neither here nor there as those that don't pick it up on IG will pick it up on Facebook.

Do you have to be that abrasive? To me, it indicates the health and relevance of the brand.

The Kurgan

It has been a niche brand for quite some time.

The last successful movie in the cinema was decades ago. A lot of young people who are the target audience of the social media platforms have propably never seen one of the older movies or do not care much for it. They have their own brands and franchises that they grew up with or are growing up with.

I don't think it is much of an indicator of the health of the brand in general. More of a popularity indicator  with the younger crowd.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sorry if you find that abrasive, that wasn't the intention. However, I find it irrelevant to the conversation at hand. It's one social channel. There are many others. If you wish to discuss that in more detail, feel free to start a new topic about it.

Wlvscrclwlvs

Wondering if this could end up being some kinda playable comic like telltale do with walking dead could see that have an appeal to wider audience whatever it is I'm happy!

The Kurgan

Quote from: Wlvscrclwlvs on Dec 22, 2018, 12:15:56 PM
Wondering if this could end up being some kinda playable comic like telltale do with walking dead could see that have an appeal to wider audience whatever it is I'm happy!

That what was i was thinking about too.
Iam quite a sucker for the telltale stuff and i think Alien would be a great franchise to join the club.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed