The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,299 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 02, 2019, 05:48:19 PM
Aren't Targaryens fireproof?

They're not ice proof.

LastSonofKrypton

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 02, 2019, 05:48:19 PMAren't Targaryens fireproof?

Daenerys is. In the books, that was only the one time though. Higer powers were involved when she survived the funeral pyre. Show made it seem like a normal Targaryen trait, which is weird. But we saw Jon burn himself as early as Season 1.

Voodoo Magic

Eva

Eva

I hope Padme Amidale and Melisandre have interesting conversations in the afterlife, particularly on the subject of dying from losing the will to live.  :D

Whiskeybrewer

RIP Lyanna Mormont only had 63 soldiers but went out like a badass

Shasvre

Shasvre

Martin says that three successor shows are moving forward nicely.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/hbo/game_of_thrones/game-of-thrones-author-george-rr-martin-says-three-spinoff-shows-are-moving-forward-nicely-at-hbo-a168188

Quote from: Eva on May 05, 2019, 09:36:46 AMI hope Padme Amidale and Melisandre have interesting conversations in the afterlife, particularly on the subject of dying from losing the will to live.  :D

Anakin literally bored her to death. :P

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Nice.I didn't even know there are actually multiple projects considered.

But there sure is enough source material.

The Age of Heros, Aegon's Conquest, Dance ot the Dragons, Blackfyre Rebellion(s), Dunk and Egg's adventures, Robert's Rebellion and so on...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Wweyland

Wweyland

Tyrion looks so cute, yet sad.

Shasvre

Shasvre

So many leaks and spoilers from the coming three episodes. What a f**king shitshow. :(

LastSonofKrypton

Episode 4

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Indeed.

Spoiler
I guess they needed to level the playing field some more, but westerosi Bam Margera not only ambushing an enemy that has the benefit to scout from the sky with his f**king fleet midday and hitting a moving target with a medieval siege engine midflight from a ship over a ridiculous distance...is a bit of a giant ass pull
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Kurgan on May 06, 2019, 05:46:01 AM
Indeed.

Spoiler
I guess they needed to level the playing field some more, but westerosi Bam Margera not only ambushing an enemy that has the benefit to scout from the sky with his f**king fleet midday and hitting a moving target with a medieval siege engine midflight from a ship over a ridiculous distance...is a bit of a giant ass pull
[close]

Spoiler
Hitting it several times, without missing.  How did Dany not see them?  I'm no weapons expert but I'm pretty sure huge crossbows rely solely on line of sight, it's one thing to have them concealed in woodland areas, but in the middle of the water, and like you said, in the middle of the day, from an elevated position.  Also, Jon, Tyrion, and now Jamie have been completely nullified as characters.
[close]

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on May 06, 2019, 05:57:55 AM
Quote from: The Kurgan on May 06, 2019, 05:46:01 AM
Indeed.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Hitting it several times, without missing.  How did Dany not see them?  I'm no weapons expert but I'm pretty sure huge crossbows rely solely on line of sight, it's one thing to have them concealed in woodland areas, but in the middle of the water, and like you said, in the middle of the day, from an elevated position.  Also, Jon, Tyrion, and now Jamie have been completely nullified as characters.
[close]

The writing definitely took a dive over the last seasons for me. And you can only make up so much for that with a great soundtrack and visuals, epic moments just for the sake of them and fanservice. For all the praise that Benioff and Weiss got over the years, they kinda feel like hacks, when as soon as they run out of source material or stray from it, it starts to slip more often then not.

Spoiler
They could have easily done something that was halfway believable to take Rhaegal down with minimal changes. IDK, have Danny notice the fleet intentionally, Euron is pretending a panicked retreat, Danny charges and the fleet, thinking she is busting the ambush, hidden scorpions are unveiled and the dragons get hit point blank . Rheagal is killed, Drogon is wounded and has to retreat. After the Dragons are taken out, Euron destroys her fleet. Does not really help with the other problems of the episode, but would at least improve that scene for me. 
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed