The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,277 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Another incredible episode.

Jaime and Brienne are my favorite characters so far this season and that last scene was badass.

"...Sorry about the sapphires."

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Valaquen on May 13, 2013, 12:07:53 PM
Spoiler
Definitely Tyrion's threat to geld Joffrey if he touches Sansa.
[close]

I don't remember that from the book, but I assume you're right. :)

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

I love this series, I really do. Watching it is so unmeasurably enjoyable. Still I'm slightly ahead with the books, but some of the stuff in the series is better than in the books and I've never said that about any other adaptation. I mean the thing with varys and his "old friend"... mindblowing.

In all honesty though, this is by far the weakest season. I'll admit, you cannot write the 3rd book into one season easily. It would certainly rush things, especially on Robb's side. But the 3rd season is just so slow and half of the time, there's no suspense in an entire episode! Conversations are just there for the sake of the book and sometimes even just for the sake of it... Don't get me wrong, the series provides a high standard for anything else. But measured against it's previous seasons it just totally falls off.

Granted, there was great stuff (It's game of thrones, that's what it's meant for), like always:

Spoiler

Beric Dondarrion and the Hound fighting
Varys conversation with Tyrion about revenge.
Littlefinger's anthem about chaos
Brienne's fight with Jaime
Brienne's bath with Jaime

[close]

Oh and any scene that involves Charles Dance, somebody give this guy please the role of the Sith Lord in the next star wars trilogy or I don't know, any film that requires a masterful villian.

But there's too much time filling north of the wall, in the gardens of king's landing, in the caves of the brotherhood without banners, in the castle of stannis, in the desert with a totally redundant ser jorah... wether it's exposition, word-wanking or simply boring stuff...

half of the scenes with jon snow or daenerys could be cut, as well as the brotherhood scenes...

The first two seasons simply had it more in them. I'm not talking about action, I'm talking about the feel and the pace.

Will I enjoy the rest of it? Sure, I still love it, it's just lacking some of the spirit that used to make it outstanding.

Oh and the next best song after the stark theme, full of chills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82dsNULbmFs#ws

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

f**k yeah, Jamie Lannister!

The heroic take on the rains of castamere is beautiful. :'(

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 14, 2013, 08:46:26 PM
But there's too much time filling north of the wall, in the gardens of king's landing, in the caves of the brotherhood without banners, in the castle of stannis, in the desert with a totally redundant ser jorah... wether it's exposition, word-wanking or simply boring stuff...

half of the scenes with jon snow or daenerys could be cut, as well as the brotherhood scenes...

I would be so pissed is all that stuff was cut.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Agreed.

This has been my favourite season so far, precisely because it's taking its time and fleshing things out.

Gates

Gates

Spoiler
f**king bear pit..! :D
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 14, 2013, 08:46:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbSQ8JbyQo8#

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

S3E7 spoilers below
Spoiler
I love how Drogon's frills/spines/whatevertheyare come out as he opens his mouth.
..Hell, I just love the dragons in this series. They're all beautiful and amazing. An adult must have been an amazing sight to behold. 
[close]

Gates

Gates

Spoiler
Hell yeah...I hope we get closeups of the others soon...
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

The first half of A Storm of Swords was pretty much all build up, with an 'event' here or there. Then it rockets. Personally I think the show gets better and better.

Shasvre

Eva

Eva

Finally caught up with the last 2 or 3 episodes.

Jaime is really starting to appreciate Brienne, huh? Why shouldn't he - she has more backbone than most characters in the show. I loved Peter Dinklage's performance in the family counsel scene, when he realized who his father intends to set him up with. Good thing Jon Snow is up North with Ygritte, because the Stark endeavor back home is falling apart fast..

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Sometimes I gt annoyed because the focus is so short on the characters.... but I understand why. Just sometimes I wouldn't mind the whole hour being about Jon and Ygritte.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Watch Blackwater. Watch only Blackwater. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed