The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,245 times)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 11, 2012, 04:54:01 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 11, 2012, 12:10:09 PMAlso more episode titles have been revealed, so far all the episodes titled are:

S02E01: The North Remembers
S02E02: The Nightlands
S02E03: What Is Dead May Never Die
S02E04: Garden of Bones
S02E05: The Ghost of Harrenhal
S02E06: The Old Gods and the New
S02E07:
S02E08:
S02E09: Blackwater
S02E10:
I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 11, 2012, 12:10:09 PMNew character featurette on Daenerys - loads of new footage including one hell of an epic shot from the sky of Dany and her people crossing the Red Waste. A longer shot of Drogon, her Dragon looking visually stunning, and interviews too! Hopefully we'll keep getting more of these day-by-day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poh2qV2GjVk#ws
Great video. Also, it doesn't look like...

Spoiler
Doreah will die in the desert, because that short interview with Roxanne McKee looks like it could be taking place in Qarth, going by the background and the dress she's wearing.
[close]

I'm guessing that The Ghost of Harrenhal is going to feature a hell of a lot of Arya :) I'm wondering however if they're going to move "Weasel Soup" earlier in the season and bring some of Arya's season 3 arc into Season 2. I don't think they will.

And
Spoiler
It looks like Irri who is crying in Dany's arms, but I can't be sure. Curious to see if they actually do kill her off. I don't think it's Doreah - for the reason you said, and because Roxanne McKee spoke of how her character has been given a "life" by Dany.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Do we know if Meera Reed and her brother will show up at all this season?

First Blood

First Blood

Ah, the swamp folks. They're pretty cool.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 11, 2012, 07:07:18 PM
Do we know if Meera Reed and her brother will show up at all this season?

They haven't been cast sadly. Which is quite disappointing, because they're awesome. The general belief is that their story and dialogue will perhaps be given to Osha. How that will work beats the hell out of me, because
Spoiler
Osha leaves with Rickon.
[close]
However, I'm sure they'll figure it all out.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 11, 2012, 07:12:35 PMThe general belief is that their story and dialogue will perhaps be given to Osha.

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Spoiler
It would make sense to bring her along if they're going to the north side of the Wall.

As for Rickon, maybe they just send him away with another survivor from Winterfell? Easy enough to add to the story it would seem.
[close]

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 07:09:11 PMAh, the swamp folks. They're pretty cool.

Aye, but the image I have of her in my head keeps getting mixed up with that other trident wielding Mera. :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

I recently reached the halfway point in A Clash of Kings. I am pacing myself reading a couple of chapters at a time but...

Spoiler
Just finished the chapter of Renly's death. Holy shit.
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 07:28:17 PM
I recently reached the halfway point in A Clash of Kings. I am pacing myself reading a couple of chapters at a time but...

Spoiler
Just finished the chapter of Renly's death. Holy shit.
[close]

That's a great chapter.
Spoiler
I've always felt that if translated well, that scene could be quite horrific. I've always thought that with great music setting the mood, and the lighting you could get an eeriness that is quite terrifying. After all, it's demonic shit that's truly going down during his death.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Spoiler
I have a feeling its the work of Melisandre. Stannis where is your honor...
[close]

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 07:40:37 PM
Spoiler
[close]

HaHa. You've got one hell of a good read ahead of you for the remainder of that book.  :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 07:40:37 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Not to spoil it for you, but you'll very soon see how it's the work of Melisandre as well. ;)

Now that's a part that creeped me out a fair bit.
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 11, 2012, 07:47:47 PM
HaHa. You've got one hell of a good read ahead of you for the remainder of that book.  :)

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 11, 2012, 07:49:13 PM
Spoiler
Not to spoil it for you, but you'll very soon see how it's the work of Melisandre as well. ;)

[close]

Can't wait to press on fellas. ;D

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 07:52:25 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 11, 2012, 07:47:47 PM

Quote from: Laufey on Mar 11, 2012, 07:49:13 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Can't wait to press on fellas. ;D

:D

I'm hoping for more and more of the character Featurettes soon. Hopefully a Jon Snow one next. I can't wait to see more 'Beyond the Wall' scenes. But, I'll take anything I can get right now. Just thankful that they're actually giving us so much, yet so little. :)

Just found out from someone on www.winteriscoming.net through the HBO schedule that they will be showing two Featurettes tomorrow on characters: Jon Snow and Joffrey Baratheon. :D Oh happy days!

First Blood

First Blood

What are some of your favorite moments from Season One? I love this little exchange in-particular. It was fascinating watching Littlefinger and Varys have duel of wits with one another. And the opening shot of Littlefinger eyeing the Iron Throne with his back to the camera was sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEhwkmrhpFw#ws

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 08:14:52 PM
What are some of your favorite moments from Season One? I love this little exchange in-particular. It was fascinating watching Littlefinger and Varys have duel of wits with one another. And the opening shot of Littlefinger eyeing the Iron Throne with his back to the camera was sublime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEhwkmrhpFw#ws

Yeah that is a great scene. Whenever Littlefinger and Varys are on-screen you know that there is some kind of treachery or deceit going on haha.

I have many favourite scenes: The scene in which we first meet Tywin Lannister and he is skinning the Stag whilst talking with Jaime - "Why is he still alive?" when talking about Eddard Stark. Another Tywin Lannister scene that I love is when Jaime has been taken by Robb, and he shouts out "They have my son!" It sent chills down my spine.

I've noticed that most of my favourite scenes belong to characters who are either (in so many ways) villains, or loathsome people...however...the scene that the hairs stood up on my arms when it played out, which made me smile and continues to every time I watch it is when Robb becomes King of the North. The Greatjon Umber's speech is so powerful, and the music is incredible - sets the mood fiercely. And, when the Lords of the North all bow to Robb, putting their swords before them (even Theon), and Robb turns and his mother gives him the slightest of nods - I always think, "Wow! This is one of the most epic, emotional, and cinematic stories ever told!. "There sits the only King, I mean to bend my knee too. THE KING IN THE NORTH!"

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 11, 2012, 08:14:52 PMWhat are some of your favorite moments from Season One?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8zYeN9z8XY#ws

That whole ending was just so good. :)

I'm also really fond of the scene where Robert, Ser Barristan and Jaime are sharing war stories.

Quote"What did the mad king say when you stabbed him in the back? I never asked. Did he call you a traitor? Did he plead for a reprieve?"

"He said the same thing he'd been saying for hours, 'Burn them all.'"
Jaime gets a lot of undeserved shit for that, in my opinion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed