AvP Requiem rewrite ideas

Started by Thatguy2068, Sep 30, 2023, 07:48:25 PM

Author
AvP Requiem rewrite ideas (Read 2,382 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Everybody here seems to dislike requiem  for a lot of good reasons but one of them is for the story and I do agree the story was messy. So Here's my proposal what is your idea for the AvP sequel that you have in your mind. Could be anything as long as connected to the ending of the first AvP movie.

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

Hmm... OK, hear me out:

After AvP (2004), we're taken hundreds of years into the future. Outside of a few sprawling cities, Earth is mostly wasteland and ravaged. The surface has been stripped almost entirely of every valuable resource, and so big corporations like Weyland Industries pin their greedy hopes on far-off planets and the ocean depths.

While combing the dark abyss of the South Atlantic, prospectors discover the remains of the Xenomorph queen and bring it back up for analysis. Maybe Weyland Industries owns a big oil rig-like research complex, where all their experiments take place below sea level in state-of-the-art labs. That's where they take the Xeno Queen.

Meanwhile, on another planet, an archaeological dig is underway. This world is a war-torn desert - scarred by a massive, planetwide battle that happened thousands of years ago. The humans unearth a Predator mask, one that belonged to a Predator of great nobility and status. They put all their findings into crates and ship them back to Earth.

However, as the Predator mask leaves the planet, it triggers a hidden distress signal, one that can only be picked up by Yautja instruments. In a nearby system, a Predator spaceship is alerted to the beacon, so three of their best Yautjas gear up and follow it.

The mask arrives on Earth - at the ocean research complex. And as you can imagine, all hell breaks loose. The Xeno Queen awakens and begins to reproduce. The Predators are murdering people, going level-by-level to find the Elder Mask. Eventually, the two species meet each other in the middle.

It ends with the last of the humans caught up in the incident equipping the Elder's Mask, and somehow calling upon a particle beam from a distant Predator superweapon, light-years away, that completely eradicates the complex, and takes a HUGE CHUNK out of the Earth's surface as well.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 30, 2023, 07:48:25 PMCould be anything as long as connected to the ending of the first AvP movie.

Oh. Never mind.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 30, 2023, 09:46:27 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 30, 2023, 07:48:25 PMCould be anything as long as connected to the ending of the first AvP movie.

Oh. Never mind.
Oh come on man we can do a lot of things with the ending like we can have some thing like alien, where the Predators are being pick off one by one within the mothership

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I have a strong dislike of the first AVP and all my ideas involve pretending it never happened and doing something unrelated in the future on another planet.

littlesprout

littlesprout

similar to the post before this, would go something like this:

Long after the events of AVP the descendant of Peter Weyland is looking for any signs of his great (great,great great...you get the point) grandfather who perished on an expedition in Antarctica. Inheriting his families fortune he uses his funds to gather resources from the Yutani Corporation to help sponsor his mission (haven't merged yet).

It's far enough in the future that humans have begun colonizing the planets and moons within our solar system and the earth is starting to feel the effects of decay - turning somewhat apocalyptic. Most of the people are already living on orbital stations or places elsewhere other than Earth...but not everybody.

The remaining humans who couldn't afford to leave have all moved and concentrated to one area (maybe on one continent - about a billion people total). The rest of the world is basically no man's land and it has succumbed to the harsh new conditions forming on earth. Raging seas, toxic gases spewing from the ground, the air is a thick steamy haze - a very hot tropical climate.

Not to get too political but basically everyone living in space or elsewhere looks at earth and those on it as a waste of time and a third world country at this point. So, no one really supports the efforts to help those stuck down there.

Anyhow!

It would follow this character leaving from an orbital station and exploring the new extremely dangerous earth. They find the Queen and Yutani Co. gets the rights to anything that would be found on the mission. So, she is transported to a holding facility. It just so happens a Blooded Predator has been hunting in this new world where it's mostly run by cartel like groups - and given the tropical atmosphere it's thriving.

The Predator is lured into the guarded military facility where it stumbles onto the alien queen. It sends a signal to its home world.

Now I'm not totally sure how the Queen would get out of being frozen and I'm also just free lancing this.

But maybe the predator is about to take a shot to kill the Queen and a worker or guard spots the laser and shoots the predator in the shoulder. The plasma caster takes out the wiring that's keeping the Queen frozen.

The Predator escapes after being shot at by more soldiers and they decide to immediately extract the Queen thinking that someone else is trying to steal their find.

En route to the Yutani orbital station the queen begins awakening. It's not until on the station though that she shows signs of being awake and breaks loose. We all know the rest, the Queen breaks loose some of the workers discover her hive, they're infected. 

The Predator flies up from earth and onto the station. I guess the main human would be the great grandson of Weyland and he's stuck on the orbital station, dodging aliens and the Predator.

Ultimately I see it ending like this though, the Queen kills the Predator but then the other Predators arrive and instead of killing the queen they recapture her and drag her off the ship in chains (can't kill that bitch). Meanwhile our human guy escapes on a shuttle.

But that's just with the Queen in mind. I had a totally different thought if we focus on the PredAlien.

And at the end of all that, we get something equivalently as bad as AVPR. You're welcome.

Disclaimer: I used to reenact certain parts of this with my McFarland figures and hot toys snap kits. So, maybe you can tell this is the work of a 10 year old at the time.

JMPredator

JMPredator

My perfect AVP film would be a straight adaptation of the original first 4 issues published by DarkHorse.

If any pitch had to follow on from the first film, i would be ok with Liam O'Donnell's pitch. I like what he did with the Skyline films after the first one (Beyond Skyline and Skylines) and without the Straus Bros. He has proven himself a decent b-movie director.

littlesprout

littlesprout

Quote from: JMPredator on Oct 02, 2023, 12:42:28 PMMy perfect AVP film would be a straight adaptation of the original first 4 issues published by DarkHorse.

If any pitch had to follow on from the first film, i would be ok with Liam O'Donnell's pitch. I like what he did with the Skyline films after the first one (Beyond Skyline and Skylines) and without the Straus Bros. He has proven himself a decent b-movie director.

That would be ideal but this post says it has to follow the ending of AVP 2004, but what is Odonells pitch?

Retropocalypse

Retropocalypse

QuoteThat would be ideal but this post says it has to follow the ending of AVP 2004, but what is Odonells pitch?

It was a sequel to AVP: Requiem - so AVP3.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/AVP3_(Liam_O%27Donnell)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Directly after the first fimm? ok.

When Lex goes to the snow cat vehicle thingy, she unwittingly brings a few facehuggers with her that had followed the queen out of the pyramid. The facehuggers hide somewhere on the snow cat. Once Lex is rescued by the crew of the ship, the huggers at some point attack some isolated crew members.

A group of three or more predators who had been on clean up duty to make sure nothing else escaped from the destruction of pyramid, noticed the huggers or at least the trail of them etc and followed it to the ship.

So the setting there now is a ship out in the sea, isolated and claustrophobic. A few aliens are lurking in the dark areas of the ship, occasionally taking/killing crew members. The predators are onboard hunting them throughout the narrow corridors. In order to contain the situation, maybe the preds take out the communication systems, no humans can bring other humans to them and risk an infestion since preds don't know if there is a new queen or not.

Meh all I got for now.

dnicholson277

dnicholson277

If it's straight after AVP then I'd like to see OWLF etc turn up to investigate/take Lexx into custody etc.

Then we cut to six months later during the second Iraq invasion...follow a journalist and some UN soldiers investigating WMDs etc ... We find out there is a facility that's being used to lure Predators to capture their tech. They take the bait. However facehugger breach means we get mayhem and Aliens on earth again.

Maybe then have Wolf turn up.

Basic premise  better than teens and pizza guy surely?

ralfy

ralfy

I think the problem with this particular franchise is that it involves two sets of antagonists, with one becoming sympathetic to the protagonists.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AVP taking place on...

Spoiler
LV-1201

[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

There would need to be a time jump for it to be set on a colonized/terraformed planetoid though.

I guess it could be that the wreck of the predator ship is discovered a century later by terraformers (unless of course the planet is already habitable). The Predalien queen had established a hive with multiple Predalien drones sprung from the predators that were on board, now dormant and waiting.

Wweyland

Wweyland

This sounds good for Alien vs. Predator 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed