New AvPR UK Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jan 14, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Author
New AvPR UK Reviews (Read 19,875 times)

thegodfather

thegodfather

Johnathan ross (british critic) has said 'AVP-R is a massive step up from its flat original, the characters are given care and the action is great, however his only problem is sometimes that ir can be difficult to see whats going on' a positive review, woo hoo

cockroach

cockroach

!SHOCK!   ;D   Britain's only mainstream film programme BBC's 'Film2008' just gave AVPR a good review! "...a big step up from AVP... "  YAY... finally!

SHREK

SHREK

lol jonothan ross is also a comedian remember  loool

cockroach

cockroach

haha i forgot that ;)

theclash

theclash

"If you actually support the franchise you will go see AvPR and stop bitching about half-assed reviews that a 10 yr old kid could do better."  Well I didn't support this movie because I don't want this series to rape the originals any further, and I didn't want Fox getting my money.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

trailpimp: be honest did any of this 2 AVP movies left you with the same experience after watching them, similar of the ones everybody gets after ALIEN, ALIENS and Predator?  ____________________________________________ _  Yes. I am being honest. Yes it did give me the same feeling, if not then a better feeling. It felt like a crossover, not a copy of Aliens and Predator. Those were used for inspiration. So yes, I did feel the dam f**king way.    Ppl like you who show up thinking your a repspected smuck thinking you know what makes a great movie. You want a great movie, go look at One Flew Over the Cooku's Nest. You want a great old time monster movie go look at the old King Kong.   I agree with Joker here, what did you all expect, Good Night and Good Luck, or Clash of the Titans?!

Joker

Joker

theclash, that is the most stupidist thing I have ever heard. Everyone says it. "Oh I want to make sure FOX doesn't get anymore money for ruining my fav movie. I sold my kids so i could buy all of them in one box on blue-ray DVD" Blah blah blah blah-f**king blah!!!  Suck it the f**k in already!!

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

Joker calm down a bit. Why are you getting angry over these little mommy f**kers for anyway? Do you like the movie? Great. Can you force them to like it? Well if you had a gun to there heads maybe but in real life, no. Don't get angry and turn into these sorry saps. Atleast you and I like the movie and those other guys too we spoke too on new years. Really I don't think they should be here anymore if all there gonna do is yell at ppl for liking a movie they hate. It's like there job or something haha  You and I both know AVPR was good. Do they have to know that? No, but we do sooooo f**k em.

sharnefromaus

sharnefromaus

One point everyone needs to take into account is that making a movie of this kind is going to be the hardest thing even the greatest and  number one director today would have trouble and critisism with! i thought the movie was above average and a tad under good, my real thoughts on this is that the first avp movies story line was good with the right of passage from young blood to warrior to elder and so forth, the movie wasnt great but as the fan i am i still liked it. now with the next movie "IF THERE EVER WILL BE", why not bring the two directors who first brought these two creatures to our screens togather for co-production, look at the benefits it brings! who knows the aliens better then the first alien director Ridley Scott? who knows the pred better then John McTiernan and with the budget that this movie deserves then at least we know that the two ppl that brought them two us will live, breath, eat and make us believe in this new movie franchise. IF THESE TWO CANT DO IT THEN I KNOW IT CANT BE DONE!  ps just be happy we got another movie there may not ever be another one if all we hear is the negatives!!! i liked it and id go and watch it again a 3rd time in a heart beat thats how much im a fan im not worried wat critics have to say. so why are you......

theclash

theclash

Joker I just want you to know that your opinion really matters to me.  No seriously, it does.  I'm not being sarcastic.  You're obviously a highly intelligent guy, and I'm sure lots of people take you seriously.  Enjoy AvP R.

wow. so many comments.  fans still cannot accept the idea that they were f**ked by comix-loving-fox again.  thats your fate, stupid yautja-dnareflex children. to eat shit forever.

Imp

Imp

What did you expect??? A shitty film gets shitty reviews. It's so simple.  Only biased fans can say that this film is alright. But it's fact, that the fight scenes, the cuts, the story and the characters sucks.

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

ok clash did you see the f**king movie or not? goddamn you all think youre so f**king self righteous because you put the movie down and make out as though youre the next f**king james cameron or ridley scott. Where do you get off man its a movie so stop whining about it like a 10 yr old and do something constructive with your time.

Predhunter

Predhunter

I"f you are real fans, boicote this movie and force FOX to spend real efforts in making one with decent and renowned professionals"  I can understand that some Alien fans (and perhaps predator too) feel they have been some how deceived by the promisses this latest movie brought with. But, if you "boycott" this movie ( i think you should go see it and make you own judgement) and  don´t go see it, you will be contributing to box office failiure. If that happens, and don´t be mistaken about this, Fox won´t even consider making another one, not even if they´re presented with the best script ever made!!! Making movies is a business as many others wherin are RISKS to be taken due to considerable investments being made allmost every day. Like every company it should be healthy!  So, let´s not disapoint then, shall we?? They have realised by now that the AvP Franchise is a safe value when it comes to RISKS of a doubtful investment. The first AvP came up with $171milion (box office performance) with a $60milion budget. The second, with a $40milion budget, made so far near $100milion, and it should reach about $120milion...  I´m a fan of both franchises Alien and Predator, and i hope that FOX has the good common sense of investing properly in the third movie of this (with highly potencial ) franchise!

Predhunter

Predhunter

Let´s not forget that both AvP movies had A LOT  of bad reviews and still could deliver those amounts of money. Now you ask: What happens if this franchise has a properly Directing, supported by a decent and solid budget? Two things: One, all the fans will go see it and will advise their friends and family to do the same...Two, and the mostly important, a properly directed movie will cause a generally favorable opinion by the Media about the movie, and so, if anyone at that time is sceptical about seing it ( fan or not), he/she will change their minds. Perhaps ( i meant for sure) this franchise would raise more fans to the cause...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed