New AvPR UK Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jan 14, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Author
New AvPR UK Reviews (Read 19,866 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a couple of new UK AvP Requiem reviews. The first is in the News of the World (There’s also a scan of the newspaper article here.) and another one on Empire. Both are very negative and they give it 1/5.

The box office totals so far are $40,081,000 domestic and $36,536,503 foreign giving a total of $76,617,503. Lastly, if you’re in the UK, switch on to FilmFour tonight. They’re showing Alien at 9PM, then a five-minute AvPR preview at 11:10PM and then Predator 2 at 11:15PM. Thanks to kcirtap33 for the news.

Update: More reviews at TotalFilm (2/5), TimOut (1/6) and Manchester Evening News (2/5).

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

That sucks...   :'(  

NIN

NIN

lol

SHREK

SHREK

hmm who can argue with the british     :D  

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That is terrible.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

You have to take into account that Chris Hewitt, from Empire, can be a little... extreme... in his views. He loved Underworld, but utterly SLAMMED the sequel... despite the sequel improving on the first.  Also note that the new "film critic" for TNOTW berates a Predator... FOR BEING A PREDATOR. He's only marking it down so as to look "smart" and to be accepted by "serious" critics.  Movies out Friday! Roll on Friday!   ;D  

killerpredalien

killerpredalien

I do not listen to the press...   >:(  

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Sad to hear Empire gave it such a shit review, I really respect them. Oh wells, still watching it Saturday.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

But 'Underworld' was great and 'Underworld Evolution' really was crap. :)  It improved upon it, only in the visual realm, which was already good. In terms of story and logic, it fell on its face. Who does stuff like build a prison never meant to be opened, then have a key built, only to surgically implant it in their ribs, for heaven's sake?  I loved the first. Sequel really disappointed me.

Predatory-Intent

Predatory-Intent

"Also note that the new "film critic" for TNOTW berates a Predator... FOR BEING A PREDATOR. He's only marking it down so as to look "smart" and to be accepted by "serious" critics."   I agree with you on that, I liked it, so sue me.

jakey_jedi

jakey_jedi

very disappointing. i was Waiting for the empire review as they seem to know what they are talking about(most of the time). unfortunately it looks like our favourite monsters are done for.

BlaqGorilla

BlaqGorilla

That's pretty bad.    :(  

JK

JK

@Xenomorphine  Both Underworld films are great. Len Wiseman is a great director the actors in UE are better than AVPR. I know you are a AVP fan I know what you feel. But man you can't compare AVPR with UE. I like AVPR but Underworld is much better.    :)     :)  

Darkness

Darkness

I thought Underworld Evolution was great. Much better than the first.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

JK is right Xenomorphine, you can't compare Underworkd to AVP. To me, Underworld, both sucked. I just didn't like them. I love wear wolfs, and I bearly got them. I got vampires, who I don't like as much. I wish I couls do the same with Underworld with what I do with AVP. I love both Aliens and Predator, and everything about them, not the same with vampires and wear wolfs. I only like Wear Wolfs.   I can't see any more being able to be compard to to any of the AVP movies or Alien or Predator movies except themselfs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed