Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added

Started by ikarop, Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM

Author
Two More Screenshots // 4 More Added (Read 53,815 times)

The Collector

Quote from: The Collector on Nov 24, 2011, 06:50:59 PM
I'm sure it's part of game-play. :P

You think so? It looks like concept art to me...

The Xenoborg

By that I meant, I'm sure you'd be able to get intimate with a Xenomorph while playing.

chupacabras acheronsis

or (s)he with you, which is far more likely.

SM

SM

*Boom chikka wowwow*

chupacabras acheronsis

i've lost control of my life.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Crap no WHAT THE f**k IS THAT.

SM

SM

The politically correct terminology is "POMF"

RagingDragon

Lets just cross that final frontier and have the main character using Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to arm-bar and hip-toss Xenomorphs.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Or lets not. I mean the melee thing they seem to stick to isnt nice in that it makes no sense for a 'rine to hit hard enough to force an Alien off him but it helps save you if a bunch of Aliens get to you. I mean yes, valid points have been made about having your squad around to help you if you get swarmed but we know which direction this game is going, you will be alone some times amd it wont always be coop so what then? If a game is too hard then people wont like it. They need to find that niche where its good for Aliens fans and casual gamers. Because it seems we want it bloody hard and casuals want it... Well casual.
Im not saying it should be incredibly easy but it shouldnt be amazingly hard

Corporal Hicks

You will never ever have a 100% completely authentic game. Sacrifices have to be made in terms of gameplay.

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Nov 27, 2011, 08:50:59 AM
Or lets not. I mean the melee thing they seem to stick to isnt nice in that it makes no sense for a 'rine to hit hard enough to force an Alien off him but it helps save you if a bunch of Aliens get to you. I mean yes, valid points have been made about having your squad around to help you if you get swarmed but we know which direction this game is going, you will be alone some times amd it wont always be coop so what then? If a game is too hard then people wont like it. They need to find that niche where its good for Aliens fans and casual gamers. Because it seems we want it bloody hard and casuals want it... Well casual.
Im not saying it should be incredibly easy but it shouldnt be amazingly hard

This is easily handled by different playing modes, which other games have adopted quite well, and without a screaming need for it to remain true to the source material.  A realism or hardcore mode, which would require minimal programming and probably be very difficult to play, would be for those who'd like a bit more out of their games.  More freedom, more realism, whatever, just the extra mile from the developers, because that makes me go the extra mile and actually buy the game brand new.   ;D

That's why it seems to me that the most recent AvP went poo on so many game aspects.  It didn't offer a single new thing for the players, no different game modes, no unique multiplayer, nothing.  To me that says they put in as little effort as possible, and this statement is backed up by comparing AvP3 with other modern games.  That's the standard you're going to be held to if you're making a game today, anyway. 

Especially in an Aliens game, with freaking Predators.  I mean you have so many options for unique gameplay and infinite multiplayer modes, it makes it even more aggravating that they just ship this stale ten-years-ago linear "adventure" game.  What a waste of time, money, and potential, just like EVERYTHING ELSE FOX DOES.

I know Fox didn't make the game, but they are the funky, rotten roots below the ground.  If your roots are f**ked, your plant isn't going to make it.  I blame them for cursing Alien (and Predator) forever.   ;)

newbeing

So... when can we expect some new media or info  ;D

SM

SM

QuoteI know Fox didn't make the game, but they are the funky, rotten roots below the ground.  If your roots are f**ked, your plant isn't going to make it.

Fox can only be held for the creative decisions of their licensees by letting them make those decisions.  Fox isn't making any creative decisions themselves.

r888

r888

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 14, 2011, 06:00:05 PM
Already seen in magazines but now in HQ:

Edit: Four more:

Great pics

That crusher is my favourite

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: newbeing on Nov 28, 2011, 05:51:37 PM
So... when can we expect some new media or info  ;D

I remember asking Ikarop that question to see if maybe he knew, somewhere on the forums too, and I remember the answer being not for a while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed